COMPLETE - Our Mutual Friend - Charles Dickens - AF/ec

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
junk science

Post by junk science »

Thanks, opheliad, that's high praise coming from you.

Could I have Book 1, Chapter 13, just to be daring?
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

Yes, someone who likes to be daring! :D :wink:

Chapter 13 book 1 now has your name on it.
Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
junk science

Post by junk science »

opheliad

Post by opheliad »

Impressive, junkscience - what a turnaround! Thank you so much for contributing, it sounds great :D
Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
junk science

Post by junk science »

I hope I'm not being too anal, but I decided to rerecord Chapter 3 to try to make it a bit cleaner and less breathy. I'll probably redo Chapter 13 later, but then I promise to take a long break. :).

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=9BC23B8204ACEF20
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

That's fine, though not at all necessary - still, I can understand you wanting to 'get it right' in your own eyes. I'll upload the new version of chapter 3 today.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

audiotoshokan wrote:ack... bk 1 ch 5 done. ...
and if i should ever again choose a chapter whose main point is to ridicule someone reading aloud a text he is clearly not qualified to read aloud... just shoot me :-P

when will i learn to aviod dickens? wonderful to read to yourself but doing it in front a microphone is a recipe for disaster!
I so very much enjoyed this reading!!! So humorous! Such great great voices! The Mrs. was adorable. I could picture her feathered hat.

This is such a splendid reading -- I smiled, I laughed, I totally thoroughly enjoyed it and I DO hope you will read more. PLEASE!! It was a treat. And I adore treats.
Anita
javawizard729

Post by javawizard729 »

could i read Book 1, Chapter 09? i just signed up at Librivox and this is the only book that i know that's currently in progress.
galaxiant

Post by galaxiant »

I'll give book 1, chapter 10 a try.
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

Javawizard - book 1 chapter 9 is all yours,
and galaxiant - you are down for book 1, chapter 10.

Thanks for volunteering, and welcome to Librivox! :D

As this is your first recording, you might like to do as others have done and submit a 1 minute trial run just to see that your technical side is aok, before doing the whole thing.

By the way, Javawizard, there are lots of other books in progress here; you might like to have a look around and volunteer for other works once you're through with your OMF chapter :wink: :)
galaxiant

Post by galaxiant »

Thanks Opheliad. I'm looking forward to getting things set up and trying this out. I'll send the trial when it is ready. It will be another week before I have the time to get set up so don't worry if you don't see a quick turnaround. I'll be in touch.
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

No problem, when you're ready. :)
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

It has been brought to my attention that some people (me included) have been saying "Book the First" at the beginning of their recordings, and some people "Book 1".

Unless a kind Libri-Veteran would like to give advice to the contrary, I would say it doesn't really matter which you use. "Book the First" is what is written in the Gutenberg text, but "Book One" is equally understandable. Consistency is nice, but not essential in this case in my opinion.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

: : : Chiming in : : :

I agree
with opheliad
8) tee hee
Anita
junk science

Post by junk science »

Who's got Book 1 Chapter 17?