COMPLETE-[HYMNS] Public Domain Hymns - 01 - ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

colman wrote:It's been awhile since my last recording & I'd like to do sub-section 9.

Colman
Thanks Colman! I've got you plugged in.

Sam
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

colman wrote:It's been awhile since my last recording & I'd like to do sub-section 9.

Colman
Thanks, Colman! (You're plugged in--I did this the other day and thought I posted to mention it, but I don't think the post went through for some reason.)

Regards,

Sam
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

debolee

Post by debolee »

Hi! Looks like subsection 10 is left - could I please take it?

Thank you,
Deborah
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

debolee wrote:Hi! Looks like subsection 10 is left - could I please take it?

Thank you,
Deborah
Thanks Deborah! I've got you plugged in.

Sam
Samuel Stinson

afloatinglife

Post by afloatinglife »

colman

Post by colman »

Ezwa:
I have finished Section 1 Subsection 9. http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ez/publicdomainhymns0109.mp3

Colman
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

colman wrote:Ezwa:
I have finished Section 1 Subsection 9. http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ez/publicdomainhymns0109.mp3

Colman
Thanks Colman! Do you have the time for the recording?

Thanks,

Sam
Samuel Stinson

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Sam,

You should get my file by tomorrow. I know it's the deadline.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

Hi folks!

Just checking in. I have had several books come to completion all at once and have been doing marathon listening, but y'all are next in line. I've started listening this a.m. and should have almost everything, if not all, posted, this evening.

Thanks for your patience.

Susan
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

I contacted Deborah to no avail--would someone please be willing to record Section 10?

Regards,

Sam
Samuel Stinson

HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

The PLing notes for the newer sections are posted. Great reading, folks. Ezwa, please, come sing to me anytime, my friend! And of course, you know you can read to me anytime. :)

We have a bit of inconsistency among the sections. Sam, this is your call. The majority of the narrators read the title of the hymn and give the author of the hymn text--which I personally think is the appropriate thing to do. A couple narrators do not do so. Therefore, that is a somewhat glaring inconsistency.

Below are the PLing notes for Section 4:
"Alas and Did My Savior Bleed": 0:20-0:21--" . . . and how did my Sovereign die?" Added "how" to text. In LV, we don't usually don't correct pronunciation, but this is a well-known text. "Sovereign" does not have a long "o" but has a short "o", as in "hot." Hope that helps!

At 1:18, "can here ne'er repay . . ." omit "here."

At 1:21, missing two lines of text: "here, Lord, I give myself away, 'tis all that I can do."

"All As God Wills": at 1:47, the word is understood, not misunderstood.

"All Creatures of Our God and King": stanzas 2 and following are missing the refrain. Recording stops in the middle of stanza 3, "Make music for thy Lord to hear, O praise him, Alleluia . . ." Missing rest of stanza 3, and all of stanzas 4, 5 and 6.

"All Faded is the Glowing Light": Missing stanzas 4 and 5.

"All For Jesus": "Missing stanzas 2, 3, 4, and 5.

"All Glory Be to God on High": Stanza 2, line 6, the text is, "Thou does whatever Thy will ordains," not "Thou does waste . . ." Missing the last line of stanza 2, and stanzas 3 and 4.

"All Glory, Laud, and Honor": Missing the refrain after each stanza. Missing stanza 5.

"All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name": Missing lines 2 and 3 of stanza 5. Missing stanzas 6, 7 and 8.

"All Hail to Thee, Emmanuel": Missing second half of stanza 2 and refrain, Missing all of stanza 3 and refrain.

"All Hail to Thee, O Blessed Morn": In stanza 2, text ends at "rather gather closer . . ." Missing the next two lines of text. Also missing stanzas 3 and 4.

"All Hail Ye Little Martyr Flowers": Missing stanza 4.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Thanks, Susan!
HeartofTexas wrote:[...] We have a bit of inconsistency among the sections. Sam, this is your call. The majority of the narrators read the title of the hymn and give the author of the hymn text--which I personally think is the appropriate thing to do. A couple narrators do not do so. Therefore, that is a somewhat glaring inconsistency. [...]
As we do it for other projects, I think that, if it is known, the name of the author should be mentioned.
Ezwa

Boileau

Jubela

Post by Jubela »

Oh man, I'm really sorry. I originally recorded my section on a friend's computer, and she edited it for me, and I didn't check it before I posted it :oops:
I couldn't figure out how to get the original from her, so I just rerecorded the whole thing. Again, I'm sorry!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ez/publicdomainhymns_01_05.mp3
Duration: 11:18
“what about alpha flight isn't canada mostly woods”
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

Not a problem, Jubela.

I have to admit, though, I'm completely stumped by a download problem with your file. You put the correct tag on the file. When I download the file from using Safari (I run a MacBookPro with an OS X.6.6.) the download is labeled _01_05.mp3, but when the file opens in iTunes, it opens as _01_04.mp3. I have never, ever had this happen before. Anybody out there have any explanation for this?

I'm going to assume that your tag for the file is, indeed, correct, and I'll go ahead and listen to it!

Susan