Complete[FICTION] Crime & Punishment, by F. Dostoyevsky

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
beegray51

Post by beegray51 »

Hi Rainer, I think I completed Part 4 chapter 6. Let me know that you received it . Thanks, Beecher
FrZeile

Post by FrZeile »

I would very much like to read section 28 (part five, chapter 2). Crime and Punishment was one of the first adult books I ever read and though I understood less than half of what was going on, both what I understood and what I didn't fascinated me. :twisted:

FrZeile
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello Beecher,

I received your file. Thanks a lot :D. I also have a Audacity-project file which seems to belong to section 26. I think that was a mistake? Anyway, I'm looking forward to your next contribution.

And hello FrZeile,

we all have some remembrances of books, and it's nice if we sumble upon them years later. Of couse I would like you to read section 28 (part 5, ch 2), and you are already assigned for it. Thanks for volunteering :D

Rainer
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
ukthom

Post by ukthom »

Hello there! I am interested in recording a bit of "Crime and Punishment," particularly Section 32, Part 6, Chapter 1, if I may.

I have never done this before, but as an English Teacher, I am in love with the art of story telling, and would love to give this a shot.

Cheers!
Thom in the UK
patticus

Post by patticus »

I would be interested in doing section 27, or any other section really, I just picked the first open one I saw =).
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello ukthom and patticus,

welcome to both of you and thanks for your willingness to record some chapters for this book. I marked you down for the chapters you chose. (ukthom: Section 32, Part 6, Chapter 1; patticus: section 27, Part 5, Chapter 1).
You will see that recording is very easy. However, we also have some tips for new volunteers:
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording
Nevertheless, if you have still any questions, just ask and I will try to help you. And one question more, as this is your first recording here on LibriVox: How you want to appear in the catalogue? This can be either your forum name, a pseudonym or your real name, just as you like it.

Greetings and thanks again,

Rainer :D
HowieJ

Post by HowieJ »

Crime and Punishment used to be my favorite book - still is, but I forget a lot because I haven't read it since 7th grade.

I would love to sign up for a part, but am afraid I'll say the names wrong.
Can I read more than one part or just one part?

:) yay! I love Dostoevsky, he's my favorite author!

I just joined so don't assign me yet, I have two more finals to complete so I'm taking a study break but after two days from now I'll figure out how to do this.

Thanks!

--Howie
patticus

Post by patticus »

I would like to be listed as Patrick Barringer.
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello HowieJ,

I'm glad you're interested in the book, I like it, too. Please don't hesitate to sign up only because you fear that you could mispronounce some Russian names. First: because of the transscript of Cyrillic to Western script you generally just have to read names as they are written (it's not like e.g. French, where you really don't know how to pronounce the names). Second: if you read confidently, the listener will probably think that he always had a wrong pronunciation. And third, if you are in doubt, I can tell you how to pronounce the names.
But take your time and sign up when your real life allows it. And of course I wish you much luck with your exams. :D

Greetings,

Rainer

P.S.: Hello patticus, I marked your name down in the database. It will be used for the catalogue and you don't have to tell it again for further recordings. Thank you for your quick response!
Ransom

Post by Ransom »

Here's my section!

section 09
Size - 27.2 MB
Time - 28:58
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200712/crime_and_punishment_09_tolstoy.mp3
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello Ransom,

thanks for your section. I just took a quick listen and it's a wonderful reading. I would really like you to read some more chapters. How about it?

Greetings :D

Rainer
Ransom

Post by Ransom »

Tempting... I really have problems with the Russian names, though. I use the "pronounce with confidence" method, but I wish I knew how to really say those names. I tried looking around online, but didn't find much that was helpful.

I'll think about another section, though.
Ransom

Post by Ransom »

"Flattery will get you nowhere." Isn't that what we hear?
But flattery gets people all kinds of places.
When my students brown-nose, I tell them, "Flattery will get you a kick in the pants."

But it looks like I'm going to sign up for another chapter of C&P because raynr said my reading was wonderful.
How sad is that? ;)

I'll take the next open section - 29 (part 5, chapter 3).
Cerhiunnhn

Post by Cerhiunnhn »

Could I volunteer for Part 5, Chapters 4 and 5 (sections 30 and 31)?
raynr

Post by raynr »

Ransom wrote:"Flattery will get you nowhere." Isn't that what we hear?
In this case, I should stop to say anything about your recording, or I would have to flatter you even more :D. But it is really not "sad" that you reacted on my comments, because they were only the truth. And don't worry about the Russian names: As I wrote some posts ago, due to the transscript of Cyrillic, the names are more or less pronounced as they are written. I marked you down for section 29 (Part 5, Chapter 3) and look forward to your recording.

And hello Cerhiunnhn,

welcome to LibriVox. I'm glad that you chose this project for your first recording. Sections 30 and 31 (Part 5, Chapter 4 and 5) are reserved for you. Just read the instructions in the first post and you will see that the process here is very simple. However, here are some more tips on recording:
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording
If you have any questions, just ask. Just one more thing: How do you want to appear in the catalogue? This can be either your forum name, a pseudonym or your real name (but consider that google will find you). Just as you like it. Once again, thanks for volunteering.

Greetings, :D

Rainer