[COMPLETE] The Onslaught from Rigel, by Fletcher Pratt - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Winnifred wrote: February 10th, 2024, 3:24 pm Chapter 6 is ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/onslaughtfromrigel_06_pratt_128kb.mp3 (15:56)

Cheers,
PL OK! What an interesting twist! It seems the comet had different effects on people in different locations!
Cheers, Claire
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers
Great Events in North & South America
JimmyO

Post by JimmyO »

Winnifred wrote: February 10th, 2024, 10:36 pm
JimmyO wrote: February 10th, 2024, 10:24 pm Might I also claim 13, 14, and 15?
You’ve got them!

Thanks,
Thank you!
JimmyO

Post by JimmyO »

Hi! A question: Marta Lami -- is it LAH-mee or LAY-mee?
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

JimmyO wrote: February 11th, 2024, 2:02 pm Hi! A question: Marta Lami -- is it LAH-mee or LAY-mee?
I’d go with LAH-mee. Originally an Italian name, and that’s how they’d pronounce it.

Cheers,
Winnifred
JimmyO

Post by JimmyO »

Winnifred wrote: February 11th, 2024, 2:11 pm
JimmyO wrote: February 11th, 2024, 2:02 pm Hi! A question: Marta Lami -- is it LAH-mee or LAY-mee?
I’d go with LAH-mee. Originally an Italian name, and that’s how they’d pronounce it.

Cheers,
Perfect, Thank you!
Xtofer42

Post by Xtofer42 »

Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hi Chris, Great reading. I really enjoy your cadence and variations with the voices. Just a few edits please:

Around 11:58 - repeat of "Shortly afterward, the Melbourne began to see the do..."

Around 8:53 - heard "The first is from the South American government." should be "The first is from the South African government."

Around 7:36 - omitted this portion ..."but Walter Beeville, who had joined the group at the bridge, said under his breath:c"If those birds have enough intelligence to plan out anything like that I'll eat my hat.""

Around 2:48 - repeat of "the earth seemed to rush up to meet them, tumbling, topsy-turvy. "
Cheers, Claire
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers
Great Events in North & South America
LanaeK

Post by LanaeK »

Can I claim Chapter 9: The Opening of the Conflict? Thank you!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

LanaeK wrote: February 12th, 2024, 3:46 pm Can I claim Chapter 9: The Opening of the Conflict? Thank you!
You've got it. Make sure you read the first post of this project. It provides the information you need about what to say at the beginning and end of your recording, how much silence to leave at the start and end, how to name your file, and where to upload.

I've set you up in the Librivox catalogue as LanaeK. Here's your Reader page in the catalogue, which you can also reach from your name-link in the Magic Window. It lists all the projects you read for (completed and in progress). You can also keep track of your sections in ongoing projects from the link "Reader section details." If you want to change your catalogue name later, you can ask any of the admins to do it for you.

Feel free to ask questions along the way.

Have fun reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred
JimmyO

Post by JimmyO »

In CH 12 is the following text, "...apparently selected at random from a good-sized sized library...".

Referring to the repetition of the word "sized", typo or writing style of the author?
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

JimmyO wrote: February 12th, 2024, 6:08 pm In CH 12 is the following text, "...apparently selected at random from a good-sized sized library...".

Referring to the repetition of the word "sized", typo or writing style of the author?
I'd treat it as a typo, and just read one "sized." It'd sound kinda silly if you read it out. There are sometimes typos in the Gutenberg texts.

Thanks for asking!

Cheers,
Winnifred
richardwiedeman

Post by richardwiedeman »

JimmyO

Post by JimmyO »

Winnifred wrote: February 12th, 2024, 6:17 pm
JimmyO wrote: February 12th, 2024, 6:08 pm In CH 12 is the following text, "...apparently selected at random from a good-sized sized library...".

I'd treat it as a typo, and just read one "sized." It'd sound kinda silly if you read it out. There are sometimes typos in the Gutenberg texts.

Thanks for asking!

Cheers,
Thank you! Yeah, I had 3-4 typos in a couple chapters of another book, rather substantial ones. This seemed like an edge case. Thx for the ruling!
StaceyM2022

Post by StaceyM2022 »

Hi Winnifred,

May I claim chapter 17?

Thanks,
Stacey
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

StaceyM2022 wrote: February 13th, 2024, 11:39 pm Hi Winnifred,

May I claim chapter 17?

Thanks,
Stacey