[COMPLETE][FULL] World's Story 3: Egypt, Africa, Arabia - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And here we go, the project is at an end. My traditional thank you speech is coming up :mrgreen:

Book 3 of the World Story has been a coproduction of no less than 28 LibriVox volunteers. Some of them are already regulars in this series, some were totally new to it. But every section was a pleasure to listen to.

So: thank you all, here in alphabetical order. The names in Red are those who have participated in each of the three books so far (and hopefully I keep you till the end !) and those in Blue have been in 2 books already. The Black ones still have a chance to be coloured in next time ;)

adr6090 / alanmapstone / benderca / bluechien / BurgundyGrace / catharmaiden / ChrisFields / dlantz / DrPGould / Farnood / Foon / grs2905 / iBeScotty / KeithMan / Kitty / knotyouraveragejo / mightyfelix / moniaqua / msfry / neecheelok70 / Nella / NemoR / Rawbean23 / Roger / silverquill / swalkerl / thestorygirl / WiltedScribe

Among these, I'm happy we have welcomed quite a few newbies, who actually read their very first section in here. A big welcome once again to:

BurgundyGrace, dlantz, KeithMan, Nella, Rawbean23, and swalkerl (not the very first claim, but still new enough to be included here in the list)

Some statistics (I love statistics):

> the very first PL ok section has been handed in by Philip this time. It was a very interesting Old Egyptian story about "The lost malachite". Philip will have to share the prize of first section with Eva though, who was actually faster in handing in her DR role in Cleopatra ;)

> we went over the 50% completed mark with April's narrative about "The cutting of the aqueduct". Very interesting as well

> finally, Farnood completed the 100th section right now, today, quite a tragic depiction of "A modern battlefield" in the South African wars

> the award for "Longest section" this time goes highly deservedly to thestorygirl, who narrated "The story of Joseph" in a whopping 53:39 minutes. What a feat !

> Jim yet again carries off the award for "Most sections completed" with no less than 16 of the 101 to his credit. Thank you also for being Deputy PL once again, Jim !

> and a special thanks goes to our ever cheerful thespians who made a great show of "The death of Cleopatra": Alan, Eva, Larry, Monika, Nemo, Philip, Roger, Sandra, Tomas (and myself) :thumbs:

> and last but not least, I hope you all check out and like the new cover Basquetteur has designed for this book. Ever on the hunt for a fitting picture to advertise the topic in each new book in the series

And now I'm off to archiving. Will be back with the link soon !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

it seems to have taken ages to upload, but we're finally there :9:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-worlds-story-volume-iii-egypt-africa-and-arabia-by-eva-march-tappan/

Thank you all for making it happen. On to the next (well, it is in full swing already :mrgreen: )

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

My pleasure on both counts! Jim :D
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: October 21st, 2018, 9:25 am And here we go, the project is at an end. My traditional thank you speech is coming up :mrgreen:

Book 3 of the World Story has been a coproduction of no less than 28 LibriVox volunteers. Some of them are already regulars in this series, some were totally new to it. But every section was a pleasure to listen to.

So: thank you all, here in alphabetical order. The names in Red are those who have participated in each of the three books so far (and hopefully I keep you till the end !) and those in Blue have been in 2 books already. The Black ones still have a chance to be coloured in next time ;)

adr6090 / alanmapstone / benderca / bluechien / BurgundyGrace / catharmaiden / ChrisFields / dlantz / DrPGould / Farnood / Foon / grs2905 / iBeScotty / KeithMan / Kitty / knotyouraveragejo / mightyfelix / moniaqua / msfry / neecheelok70 / Nella / NemoR / Rawbean23 / Roger / silverquill / swalkerl / thestorygirl / WiltedScribe

Among these, I'm happy we have welcomed quite a few newbies, who actually read their very first section in here. A big welcome once again to:

BurgundyGrace, dlantz, KeithMan, Nella, Rawbean23, and swalkerl (not the very first claim, but still new enough to be included here in the list)

Some statistics (I love statistics):

> the very first PL ok section has been handed in by Philip this time. It was a very interesting Old Egyptian story about "The lost malachite". Philip will have to share the prize of first section with Eva though, who was actually faster in handing in her DR role in Cleopatra ;)

> we went over the 50% completed mark with April's narrative about "The cutting of the aqueduct". Very interesting as well

> finally, Farnood completed the 100th section right now, today, quite a tragic depiction of "A modern battlefield" in the South African wars

> the award for "Longest section" this time goes highly deservedly to thestorygirl, who narrated "The story of Joseph" in a whopping 53:39 minutes. What a feat !

> Jim yet again carries off the award for "Most sections completed" with no less than 16 of the 101 to his credit. Thank you also for being Deputy PL once again, Jim !

> and a special thanks goes to our ever cheerful thespians who made a great show of "The death of Cleopatra": Alan, Eva, Larry, Monika, Nemo, Philip, Roger, Sandra, Tomas (and myself) :thumbs:

> and last but not least, I hope you all check out and like the new cover Basquetteur has designed for this book. Ever on the hunt for a fitting picture to advertise the topic in each new book in the series

And now I'm off to archiving. Will be back with the link soon !

Sonia
Hello Sonia,
Thank you for the mention of me and the 50% mark. I am holding my breath with anticipation for the story of the world part 5.
You mentioned a thank you speech in the above text...something new? I do not recall having been aware of a thank you speech in the prior parts of history of the world. You were wise to put this project together as it is quite captivating.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 1:46 pmYou mentioned a thank you speech in the above text...something new? I do not recall having been aware of a thank you speech in the prior parts of history of the world.
you missed my previous thank you speeches :shock:

here they are:

World Story 1: viewtopic.php?p=1451196#p1451196
World Story 2: viewtopic.php?p=1477617#p1477617

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 1:51 pm
adr6090 wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 1:46 pmYou mentioned a thank you speech in the above text...something new? I do not recall having been aware of a thank you speech in the prior parts of history of the world.
you missed my previous thank you speeches :shock:

here they are:

World Story 1: viewtopic.php?p=1451196#p1451196
World Story 2: viewtopic.php?p=1477617#p1477617

Sonia
I did, thank you for the links. I will listen to them. :)
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:08 pm I did, thank you for the links. I will listen to them. :)
well actually, they were only in writing, just like this one ;)

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:10 pm
adr6090 wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:08 pm I did, thank you for the links. I will listen to them. :)
well actually, they were only in writing, just like this one ;)

Sonia
In the writing works for me and thank you again Sonia.
April