[FULL][Verse Drama] The Ring of the Nibelung by Richard Wagner - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

AgnesRobert wrote: October 11th, 2023, 6:23 pm well before I just choose part/parts I was wondering if there was anyone you would rather I be? I imagine I am up for anything/s
Why not take a day or two to familiarize yourself with Wagner's Ring Cycle? I don't think that the roles will disappear overnight. My guess is that those who have already made a claim already have some familiarity with the saga. I think you can do a basic search or two online to get some background if you don't feel inclined to read it all through. I tend to like the online articles by opera companies myself but you might find other sources that you prefer. If something said (repeatedly even) about a character piques your interest you could focus on their lines in the text to see if they draw you in or not. I believe that you will do your best work on this project if you are able to internalize the characteristics of a role or roles and then portray them through your voice acting. It might sound trite but I don't think you can speak for a character if they don't speak to and then through you. If you don't agree with what I'm suggesting that's fine. Just come back to me towards the weekend and ask the same question and I'll make a few recommendations. Is that fair?
If I were you I'd claim a Gold-Killer role. Just sayin'
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

Could I play Wotan, please?
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here is the link to the pronunciation guide:

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/pronunciation_guide_ring_of_the_nibelung.mp3

Hope this helps! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: October 11th, 2023, 11:52 pm Could I play Wotan, please?
Yes, please!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Availle wrote: October 12th, 2023, 5:22 am Here is the link to the pronunciation guide:

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/pronunciation_guide_ring_of_the_nibelung.mp3

I know that it will help me. Thank you.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Availle wrote: October 12th, 2023, 5:22 am Here is the link to the pronunciation guide:

I have moved the pronunciation guide to section 1 in the MW and updated the note at the bottom of the first post. Thank you.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

PaulWelford wrote: October 11th, 2023, 1:04 pm
alanmapstone wrote: October 7th, 2023, 11:30 pm Hi Brian
You are a brave man to take on such a massive project :lol:

I have thought about this myself but thought I was rash enough doing Tristan and Isolde. Good Luck

If you want help with the PL I would be happy to do that although I have quite a lot of PL work on at the moment.

I know it is a bit early to be claiming but I would love to read Loge in Das Rheingold.
Hey Alan I just realised that I offered to DPL after you offerd PL help. My apologies - if you would rather keep your first claim staked please say so and I will happily relinquish.
Thank you for pointing this out, Paul.

At the time that I first read, or misread, Alan's post, I interpreted it to mean that while he was deeply engaged in many other projects, including Wagner's Tristan and Isolde, he would make time time to pitch in and help with proof-listening this one. I hope that Alan will let us know if indeed he intended to DPL here.

When you volunteered to DPL I should probably have mentioned that you'd be most welcome to claim sections in this project. I'm sure someone would proof sections that you record. I would, for that matter.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Brian
I have PMed Paul to say I think he should DPL this project as I know he will do a good job and I have a lot of other PL work to do.
I will be happy to read the roles I have claimed.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

Might I please be these ladies

10 The Rhinegold - Erda
11 Siegfried - Erda
29 The Valkyrie - Sieglinde
48 Twilight of the Gods - First Norn
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Brian
May I also read Hunding in Valkyrie?
Alan
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

alanmapstone wrote: October 12th, 2023, 7:57 am Hi Brian
I have PMed Paul to say I think he should DPL this project as I know he will do a good job and I have a lot of other PL work to do.
I will be happy to read the roles I have claimed.
👍
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

BrianFullen wrote: October 12th, 2023, 7:51 am
PaulWelford wrote: October 11th, 2023, 1:04 pm
alanmapstone wrote: October 7th, 2023, 11:30 pm Hi Brian
You are a brave man to take on such a massive project :lol:

I have thought about this myself but thought I was rash enough doing Tristan and Isolde. Good Luck

If you want help with the PL I would be happy to do that although I have quite a lot of PL work on at the moment.

I know it is a bit early to be claiming but I would love to read Loge in Das Rheingold.
Hey Alan I just realised that I offered to DPL after you offerd PL help. My apologies - if you would rather keep your first claim staked please say so and I will happily relinquish.
Thank you for pointing this out, Paul.

At the time that I first read, or misread, Alan's post, I interpreted it to mean that while he was deeply engaged in many other projects, including Wagner's Tristan and Isolde, he would make time time to pitch in and help with proof-listening this one. I hope that Alan will let us know if indeed he intended to DPL here.

When you volunteered to DPL I should probably have mentioned that you'd be most welcome to claim sections in this project. I'm sure someone would proof sections that you record. I would, for that matter.
Ok thanks Brian. I will DPL and have a look at roles that speak to me.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

AgnesRobert wrote: October 12th, 2023, 9:02 am Might I please be these ladies

10 The Rhinegold - Erda
11 Siegfried - Erda
29 The Valkyrie - Sieglinde
48 Twilight of the Gods - First Norn
Yes. Thanks.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

alanmapstone wrote: October 12th, 2023, 9:11 am Hi Brian
May I also read Hunding in Valkyrie?
Yes, you are the chief of the hound clan.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Woodbird - Siegfried

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_woodbird_siegfierd.mp3

First attempt at the Woodbird, if you would prefer a spoken version I will do one :?
Alan