SOLO Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage - tg

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
RichardSaunders

Post by RichardSaunders »

Ch. 31-41

ch. 32 Note h refers to another incorrect name “Joseph Smith 1” is read correctly as “Joseph Smith—Matthew”

ch. 32 endnotes I think I corrected note 4 von Mosheim reference to the text as written; and the Fausett in note 5.

ch. 33 Inspired version references. Endnote 1, I think I returned the fuller references to as written.

ch. 34 The two words of note u get read into the text for clarity and sense.

ch. 34 endnotes The citations in this chapter are difficult to follow without the book's bibliography, but I think I've cut the audio to match the text. However, his Latin in note 7 makes absolutely no sense in audio; I recommend the note inserted here needs to stand.

ch. 41 Notes have several references to “Joseph Smith History” and “Joseph Smith--Matthew”

ch. 42 Note e I've substituted a chapter number for an internal page reference.

ch. 99 I note some LibriVox readers read a book's closing into the last file of text. I've opted for a separate file.

Thank you for the time you'll obviously put into this. I hope the rest is cleaner than the first chapters.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Sorry, I missed noticing your updates. Part of section 00 has been fixed. Here is what remains:

add "End of preface" at the end before the ending silence.
add about 2.5 seconds of silence at end.

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Section 2 notes:

please delete about 1 second of silence at start want between 0.5 and 1 second of silence at start
add about 2 seconds of silence at end.
needs "end of chapter 2" added at the end of text and before the 5 seconds of silence

filenames for all sections should end with "kb" not "kbp"

thanks,

M
RichardSaunders

Quite ok. I miss plenty myself and am not one with room to judge. Let me get through finals and grades before I start editing. Keep going and I'll pick it up changes to chapters as a batch.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

The links to the text files on Google drive do not work. It looks like they are possibly trying to access files off your hard drive? Can't tell for sure.

Glad to have the explanation for the difference in page numbers in the references. It was driving me crazy, they were so different.

You do, however, need to make sure there is an "end of " at the end of each section so that the listener is aware that the file has ended and they are not missing anything. I know you do not want to do "end of chapter x" until the end of the notes file, but perhaps you could do something like "end of chapter x text" or some other phraseology that you think might work better.

Thanks,

M
RichardSaunders

I'll get back to the files and fixes in a bit. Teaching a summer-term overload. Thanks for your patience.
RichardSaunders

The text files are all in a Google drive and should work. I'll recheck and re-link as necessary.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

RichardSaunders wrote: May 29th, 2024, 3:56 pm I'll get back to the files and fixes in a bit. Teaching a summer-term overload. Thanks for your patience.
You are being patient enough with me. The least I can do is return the favor. :)
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

RichardSaunders wrote: May 29th, 2024, 3:58 pm The text files are all in a Google drive and should work. I'll recheck and re-link as necessary.
This is the link I get for the first section
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UJddcn1Xr9Y95lgIlXa-CJBwxWIuvCnn/view?usp=drive_link

"Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Make sure that you have the correct URL and the file exists."