[SOLO] Kitty Carter, Canteen Girl by Ruby Lorraine Radford - philc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Luka wrote: January 24th, 2023, 12:53 am I will be uploading minimally once a week from now on.
Hoping we haven't lost you, Luka...
Betsy in Santa Fe
Luka

Post by Luka »

I'm still here
Luka

Post by Luka »

I finally finished the project I have been working on Librivox so now I will be able to put my full attention on Kitty Carter, Canteen Girl. I will be uploading the next chapter this Friday as well as the updated version of Chapter 1. You can listen to my latest recordings from The Soft Side by Henry James if you would like. It will likely be finalized and categorized soon.
Luka

Post by Luka »

BetsyWalker wrote: November 7th, 2022, 11:16 am Really good reading. Just a few notes:
• Audio file passes Checker specs. :clap:
• Introduction recorded for first chapter doesn’t meet specs exactly:
---“Chapter 1 They Also Serve of Kitty Carter, Canteen Girl by Ruby Lorainne Radford. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org."
---I think it would have been clearer if the chapter number and title had been included at the end, as suggested in the Librivox specs.
• 4:00 – These two sentences are not broken correctly. “…soldiers and sailors were scattered about the green slopes, resting after their long march. At the duck pond Kitty…” Currently the reader makes it sound as if Kitty and her brother had been marching, not the soldiers.
• 5:19: “Let me get you one?” should be read as a question.
• 12:08: Written: “We have many mothers…” Recorded “We have mothers…”
• End has just one or two seconds of silence instead of five.
I have updated Chapter 1. The chapter number and chapter title was already included in the end like the specs suggested. I didn't understand what you meant.
I closed the gaps in 4:00 so the sentence doesn't make it sound like Kitty and Billy were the ones marching.
I rephrased 5:19 to sound like a question.
I reworded the sentence at 12:08 to include the missing word 'many'.
I added more seconds at the end of the recording.

I really appreciate this level of attention to detail you have provided me so do not be afraid to point any error you find no matter how minuscule it might be. I'm also going to be adding the chapter title at the end of Chapter 2 as well so every chapters intro and outro has a consistent format.
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

All good in Chapter 1 ! - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
Luka

Post by Luka »

Finished recording Chapter 3. Will be posting later either today or tomorrow after I edit it.
Luka

Post by Luka »

BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Luka wrote: February 27th, 2023, 11:07 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/solokittycartercanteengirl_03_radford_128kb.mp3

Let me know if there are any errors that need to be fixed.
Hi Luka -

Sorry - I didn't see this. I always look in the MW for items ready to PL. For some reason this didn't show, even though it looks like you did a proper upload. I've placed it in there now and I'll have time to PL this later this evening or tomorrow.

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Luka wrote: February 27th, 2023, 11:07 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/solokittycartercanteengirl_03_radford_128kb.mp3

This is very good, Luka. You just need to add a second of quiet at the beginning. It starts a bit too fast. I went back and listened to Chapters 1 & 2. They both also could use just an inserted quiet second pause at the start. Otherwise, no fixes needed. - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

BetsyWalker wrote: March 1st, 2023, 1:36 pm

This is very good, Luka. You just need to add a second of quiet at the beginning. It starts a bit too fast. I went back and listened to Chapters 1 & 2. They both also could use just an inserted quiet second pause at the start. Otherwise, no fixes needed. - Betsy
Hi Luka - If you want I can make these edits. But hope you can be sure to include that space in future recordings. Just let me know. :) Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
Luka

Post by Luka »

It's alright, I will be making those edits myself. They do need a couple extra seconds. That and I will be posting today or tomorrow.
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Luka wrote: March 7th, 2023, 10:29 pm It's alright, I will be making those edits myself. They do need a couple extra seconds. That and I will be posting today or tomorrow.
Just one extra second at the beginning of each will do the trick. I'm looking forward to listening to more! - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
Luka

Post by Luka »

BetsyWalker wrote: March 8th, 2023, 8:22 am
Luka wrote: March 7th, 2023, 10:29 pm It's alright, I will be making those edits myself. They do need a couple extra seconds. That and I will be posting today or tomorrow.
Just one extra second at the beginning of each will do the trick. I'm looking forward to listening to more! - Betsy
Chapter 4 has been uploaded. I will be editing the earlier chapters. I will fix the magic window so it automatically appears as well
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/solokittycartercanteengirl_04_radford_128kb.mp3
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Luka wrote: March 27th, 2023, 11:43 am
Chapter 4 has been uploaded. I will be editing the earlier chapters. I will fix the magic window so it automatically appears as well
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/solokittycartercanteengirl_04_radford_128kb.mp3
Hi Luka -

Just two notes about Chapter 4:
--1:06
Dropped “first” from “that first morning”

--End of recording too short. Needs three more seconds. Let me know if you need me to do this for you.

I have placed the link into the MW. Since you properly uploaded, it should have populated the MW automatically. You might want to check with Phil to see what blocked that from happening. My guess is that it has something to do with the Solo setup.

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I have placed the link into the MW. Since you properly uploaded, it should have populated the MW automatically. You might want to check with Phil to see what blocked that from happening. My guess is that it has something to do with the Solo setup.

Betsy

Uploading doesn't put thelink into the magic window, we need to do that ourselves. Once it is in there, any future uploads with the exact same file name will automatically replace what is there, but the first time it must be done manually.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk