COMPLETE The Magnificent Adventure by Emerson Hough - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Section 2 sounds good. We still have, however, an issue at 19:01. Would you mind checking that once again?
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

April
cardtosser

Post by cardtosser »

Howdy pardners!

Can I claim section 3 to read?
- Ben
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

April, sections 1 and 14 are great. I'll update the MW with these versions.

As to section 33, the recording still needs editing as it says:

Part II, chapter 33 and should say: Part II, chapter 19 in both the intro and at the end.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

RitaBoutros wrote: July 8th, 2020, 4:21 am April, sections 1 and 14 are great. I'll update the MW with these versions.

As to section 33, the recording still needs editing as it says:

Part II, chapter 33 and should say: Part II, chapter 19 in both the intro and at the end.
It is chapter 33 though and
not chapter 19.
April
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

I just rechecked the table of contents of this book. The author divided it up into two parts. The first, Part I is comprised of chapters I through XIV.
The second, Part II, is comprised of chapters I through XIX. So even though it is section 33, it is actually Part II, chapter XIX.

I'm wondering if either Ann or April would be kind enough to get this straightened out in the MW asap, because I'm sure future readers will be confused by this as well. It certainly confused me! :shock: Thank you!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

adr6090 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 12:03 pm The Magnificent Adventure by Emerson Hough (1857 - 1923).

Emerson Hough was an American author whose date of death was 97 years ago, this novel is public domain. "The Magnificent Adventure" in 1916 was set at the time of the Louisiana Purchase and the Lewis and Clark Expedition " as is shown on Wikipedia.This fictional story is brimming with adventure and action, having to do with a gallant gentleman and is written well as Emerson Hough was famous for writing stirring westerns. ( April6090)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/30298
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
      [*] Project Code: 9IFljc9U

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Emerson Hough) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerson_Hough
      [*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerson_Hough
      [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 2 parts with 54 sections total
      [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
      [*]Original publication date (if known): 1916
      [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
    ============================================[/size]

Genres for the project:

Keywords that describe the book: action and adventure.

============================================
  • BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

do not read footnotes
  • DURING recording:

No more than 0.5 to 1 second o. silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:

[/At the start,
    please say: part xx (part 01 is sections 01-14 & part 02 is sections 15-33), sectionxx
    START of recording (Intro)
    • of The Magnificent Adventure. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Magnificent Adventure, by Emerson Hough. [Chapter]"

END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      end of part 01 or part 02, section xx
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Magnificent Adventure, by Emerson Hough. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence atPlea the end of the recording.

se remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  • AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    magnificentadventure_##_hough_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. magnificentadventure_01_hough_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
    Artist: Emerson Hough
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: The Magnificent Adventure

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
    Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

cardtosser wrote: July 8th, 2020, 12:24 am Howdy pardners!

Can I claim section 3 to read?

Hello & welcome to Librivox.
Yes, section 03 is now yours to read.
I did notice that you have already taken the
1 minute test.
What name would you like to use as your
reader name?
No rush as I will not look at Librivox until
tomorrow though I will know section 03 is
held for you.
April
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, so what happened to the first post?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
cardtosser

Post by cardtosser »

I'm also trying to join another project, I would just like to be called Ben Nguyen in the catalog.

I'll get to recording section 3 as soon as I am able to.
- Ben
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

icequeen wrote: July 8th, 2020, 8:19 pm OK, so what happened to the first post?
I have to admit to probably being the one at fault here. You see I was changing words as Rita and I had thought best. Never again will I take that on, I will leave it to the Mc. I know that I could have done that if I had only focused on the words and not the entire section. Sorry I am :oops:

Sorry once more and I promise to NOT take it upon my shoulders to do what I should not have done. Now what Ann? I will check back a bit later on hoping for a good outcome here.
April
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

RitaBoutros wrote: July 8th, 2020, 8:22 am I just rechecked the table of contents of this book. The author divided it up into two parts. The first, Part I is comprised of chapters I through XIV.
The second, Part II, is comprised of chapters I through XIX. So even though it is section 33, it is actually Part II, chapter XIX.

I'm wondering if either Ann or April would be kind enough to get this straightened out in the MW asap, because I'm sure future readers will be confused by this as well. It certainly confused me! :shock: Thank you!
Ann and April, I would like to make sure the instructions to readers are crystal clear. They are citing Part and Chapter number and NOT section number. Thank you
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

adr6090 wrote: July 9th, 2020, 8:05 am
I have to admit to probably being the one at fault here. You see I was changing words as Rita and I had thought best. Never again will I take that on, I will leave it to the Mc. I know that I could have done that if I had only focused on the words and not the entire section. Sorry I am :oops:

Sorry once more and I promise to NOT take it upon my shoulders to do what I should not have done. Now what Ann? I will check back a bit later on hoping for a good outcome here.

I just wanted to make sure that I didn't fix something that didn't need to be. But, easy peasy, it is fixed. April, look over the first post and make sure that I have it copied correctly. Rita, please look at the first post and see if it is set up as you have suggested. If anything needs to be fixed, let me know and I will perform some magic!

Please, April, don't think that you are in trouble! I have seen things waaaay worse than what happened here! Not a big deal at all! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

icequeen wrote: July 9th, 2020, 2:03 pm
adr6090 wrote: July 9th, 2020, 8:05 am

I just wanted to make sure that I didn't fix something that didn't need to be. But, easy peasy, it is fixed. April, look over the first post and make sure that I have it copied correctly. Rita, please look at the first post and see if it is set up as you have suggested. If anything needs to be fixed, let me know and I will perform some magic!

Please, April, don't think that you are in trouble! I have seen things waaaay worse than what happened here! Not a big deal at all! :D
Looks spot on to me and I seriously can not manage to convey my "thanks" to you adequately here. THANKYOU!!! (from the botttom of my heart)
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

oops on me Ann. I do see where it could be changed in the thread for at the end of the recording where it currently shows :There should be ~5 seconds silence atPlea the end of the recording.
Can you please perform some of your magic and remove the Plea?
April