[Solo] Lolly Willowes: or the loving huntsman by Sylvia Townsend Warner - rap

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Sandy, I've PM'd you about the noise reduction.
peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Lukessa

Post by Lukessa »

Went ahead and made the edits you suggested. It doesn't get rid of the problem but I do think it sounds better which is great. Again, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it!

New link is posted whenever you have a chance Betsy :)

Hopefully this will be the last time you have to spot check it.

I've finished recording the next section and I'm just about to start the edits so hopefully I'll have something new for you to take a listen to soon!

-Sandy
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Lukessa wrote: May 14th, 2024, 11:03 pm Went ahead and made the edits you suggested. It doesn't get rid of the problem but I do think it sounds better which is great. Again, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it!
New link is posted whenever you have a chance Betsy :)
Hopefully this will be the last time you have to spot check it.
I've finished recording the next section and I'm just about to start the edits so hopefully I'll have something new for you to take a listen to soon!
-Sandy
Hi Sandy - this is better. I do still hear the sound in some areas that I spot checked, but overall it's happening less. I hope that you have identified the cause so that you can avoid it in future recordings. I look forward to success!

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
Lukessa

Post by Lukessa »

Section 4 is up Betsy! Feels good to be over that rather large bump in the road! And the story is really starting to get good.

-Sandy
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Lukessa wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 11:47 pm Section 4 is up Betsy! Feels good to be over that rather large bump in the road! And the story is really starting to get good.
-Sandy
No background noise - yay! Problem solved, Sandy! :clap:

I have just two notes on this section:
--When run through the Checker it says the volume falls outside of the target range. I'll let the Admin advise you on that.
--At 32:59
Skipped “I bought in December at 8½. They went to 8¾ and since then have steadily sunk. They now stand at 4.”

Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Checker has two tabs, one called "Validation" where it shows the messages of the check, like "The volume falls outside of the target range (86–92 dB)." Then the second tab, called "Information" shows the details. I see Checker measures the volume at 85dB which is a bit lower than desired. Target volume is as close to 89dB as possible, so in this case I would suggest an amplification of 4dB.
Lukessa

Post by Lukessa »

Edits have been made! Not going to lie I finished my edits kinda late and I wanted to run it through the checker but it had been so long I couldn't remember where it was on my computer or how to use it so I just went to bed :lol:

Now that I know I'll make sure to get that checked for the future edits!
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Lukessa wrote: May 24th, 2024, 10:50 pm Edits have been made! Not going to lie I finished my edits kinda late and I wanted to run it through the checker but it had been so long I couldn't remember where it was on my computer or how to use it so I just went to bed :lol:
Now that I know I'll make sure to get that checked for the future edits!
Fixes are good - Checker was happy! :thumbs: - PL Okay - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe