Audiobook File (M4B) Availability & Production! - cont.

Non-reading activities need your help too!
carteki

Post by carteki »

Thanks David.

As I load the MP3's into iTunes to create the m4a version I pick up all these errors. Different titles (and yes it resulted in my missing files); different author's - Grey Beards at Play (which I picked up). I have pointed this out to via the Project thread, previously, but there was no response.

The "various artists" field is filled in by some and not others, so it is doable and also causes the album to "split up" in various music players.

Files above are finished uploading

Kim
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Are you talking about problems with m4b files , or problems with people listening to mp3 files ?
If it's mp3 files - rather than reprting them here or in the project thread , it would be better in the general error thread - it's more likely to be seen by someone with the time and ability to fix it. But it does need to be an error rather than how you think it should work for people to take notice

Anne
carteki

Post by carteki »

Anne,
Original question on the previous page .... Did it read like an original post or a reply to something that had gone before?
carteki wrote:Please can you mention to the other admin's about the quality of the ID Tags. I've redone the History of Mathematics because 2 of the files had a slightly different name "A History of Mathematics" and I'm not sure if I caught those 2 files. Same with "Grey Beards at Play" where 2 of the files didn't have the author name in the ID3 Tag field - I caught that one.
In a perfect world please can you ask the Admin's to ensure that for Collections that the "Album Artist" is tagged as "Various Artists". I can do this adjustment pretty quickly, but it would be useful.
Kim
(Turns out it was good thing I redid the History of Mathematics as the files WERE missed, but at 600mb to upload AGAIN it's annoying.)

I see you've stopped saying "we're all volunteers here" for suggested improvements and now all you want is ERRORS! (Of which there are 2 in the files noted above - read David's post on the previous page). I've reported INCORRECTID3 Tags before, but they are generally ignored or is it just the general Librivoxy way of not acknowledging someone for some help rendered?

Generally if I find stuff that is a quick fix David is VERY HAPPY that I post it here - rather than raise a new error. Usually it's a URL that's not correct or something like that that he can fix. If you go back through the posts you'll find him saying that this is the way he would like it done.

Kim
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

I routinely check that there is a working link from the Internet Archive page to the Librivox Catalog page and that there is a run time. I have stated this to Kim and told her that minor fixes like that do not need to be reported. I see these minor fixes often enough and they are part of the metadata screen on which I add the M4B links so I consider minor and easy to do.

I do not look into the audio files or their ID tags as part of the process when adding links for M4b files, so if there are issues there please post an error report.

David O
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

dlolso21 wrote:I routinely check that there is a working link from the Internet Archive page to the Librivox Catalog page and that there is a run time. I have stated this to Kim and told her that minor fixes like that do not need to be reported. I see these minor fixes often enough and they are part of the metadata screen on which I add the M4B links so I consider minor and easy to do.

I do not look into the audio files or their ID tags as part of the process when adding links for M4b files, so if there are issues there please post an error report.

David O
Kim,

I am altering my position in the statement quoted above. I am not the only MC protective of their projects; many would like the opportunity to correct things for themself. I am not infallible; you may see errors that I won't.

Please report any errors in the Error Reports thread as you find them.

David
carteki

Post by carteki »

Oh well - then the precious MC's can go and actually check that all the links themselves are working - I can't be bothered to deal with turf wars with other volunteers when I'm struggling to find time to do what I need to with my day job.
Kim