[COMPLETE]Treatise Of Human Nature by David Hume,Vol I-lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

File 33 is repaired.

I think the ** and [] were reversed on the last fix. You might want to check it.

In a way it may be good the text file was wrong. The 4:13 fix was wrong in the Gutenberg text.
George
linty_pupik

Post by linty_pupik »

Well, this was a long one, and I have a lot of corrections. I am criticizing pronunciation a lot, often the same word several times. These aren't serious errors, and you may not consider them errors at all. I think the "theologians" thing is no big deal, and that may be an acceptable pronunciation. Same with "modish". I think the "hypotheses" though is confusing a bit.

5:04
[has already been] *has been already*

8:07
*either* exist

8:52
*into* one subject

9:15
[in] a local conjunction

10:30
except [to] *of*

12:16
smell or [a] sound

13:14
[these] *those* perceptions

18:04
*in* this union

20:06
[tolum] *totum* [error in Gutenberg text]

21:13
[last two] *two last*

23:50
the-o-LO-gians

31:57
the-o-LO-gians

32:28
hypothe-SES

34:07
the-o-LO-gians

37:43
moh-dish (not mah-dish)

39:20
walking *in* a garden

40:14
*no* idea of the substance of the soul

41:04
the-o-LO-gians

42:04
hypothe-SES

42:42
it is still [a] body

43:24
afford *a* pleasure
linty_pupik

Post by linty_pupik »

This should be the last one.

10:46
one time or *other* [another]

33:11
[abstractness] *abstractedness*

38:26
[rejections] *reflections*

39:48
hypothe-SES*

40:39
what[ever]

43:50
[can never] *never can*
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

linty_pupik wrote:Well, this was a long one, and I have a lot of corrections. I am criticizing pronunciation a lot, often the same word several times. These aren't serious errors, and you may not consider them errors at all. I think the "theologians" thing is no big deal, and that may be an acceptable pronunciation. Same with "modish". I think the "hypotheses" though is confusing a bit.
Please DO criticize whatever you find. I can't seem to get the theo loooogens on first try, but we will get there.
George
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

File 37 has been corrected. Excellent job, linty. I'm sorry I did so poorly.
George
linty_pupik

Post by linty_pupik »

I'm having trouble accessing the new mp3 for file 37? Maybe I just need to wait?
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

linty_pupik wrote:I'm having trouble accessing the new mp3 for file 37? Maybe I just need to wait?
Me too. I'll upload it again tonight.
George
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

linty_pupik wrote:I'm having trouble accessing the new mp3 for file 37? Maybe I just need to wait?
I uploaded it again tonight. It still does not appear. The filename appears good to me. Maybe Anna can see something?

Edit: I tried several times. Also from another computer. I get a message saying the server has disconnected before the upload is complete. I must have missed that the first time. I'll try again tomorrow. If it does not work then, I guess I'll send a message to the administrator.
George
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

Frihet wrote:I tried several times. Also from another computer. I get a message saying the server has disconnected before the upload is complete. I must have missed that the first time. I'll try again tomorrow. If it does not work then, I guess I'll send a message to the administrator.
I tried again from another location. It seems to be fine now. I wonder if my ISP has started blocking large mp3 files?

We'll see as time goes on.
George
linty_pupik

Post by linty_pupik »

File 37 sounds good. I accidentally greened file 34 and I can't figure out how to ungreen it. Anyway, once file 34 is done the volume should be finished.
lezer

Post by lezer »

:) I've "ungreened" file 34.

So, that seems to be the last file not completed? You are getting so close to completion! Let me know when you are done to your satisfaction and I will get to work on cataloguing!!
Anna
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

File 34 is fixed (I think).

I could find no error at 40:39 according to Oxford and Gutenberg. If there is something I don't see, give me a few more words, and I give it another go.

If you agree, linty, we're ready to turn it over to Anna.
George
linty_pupik

Post by linty_pupik »

The edition I am checking has "what" instead of "whatever". But if the edition you are checking against has "what" then I think it's fine at is. The meaning is precisely the same.

Here is the full context:

we endeavour to set ourselves at ease as much as possible, by successively granting to each whatever it demands,
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

linty_pupik wrote:The edition I am checking has "what" instead of "whatever". But if the edition you are checking against has "what" then I think it's fine at is. The meaning is precisely the same.

Here is the full context:

we endeavour to set ourselves at ease as much as possible, by successively granting to each whatever it demands,
I agree. We are fine. Let's leave it as it is.
George
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

Anna, I think the ball is now in your court. We are ready to catalog.

If you need anything from me, just let me know. Thanks many times to linty for a super job.

:D
George