OPEN 3 roles [DR] Maezli: A Story of the Swiss Valleys, by Johanna Spyri - rap

Plays and other dramatic works
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

This is my first significant effort in DR, so be patient with me.
Narrator is shown as Open, but I have those spots, correct?
Also, should there be a Forward section, or do I include that with Ch 1?

It seems then that you want One recording for each section as they are broken out in the script.
I haven't looked at it in detail, yet but hope to get into it in the coming weeks.

Let me know if I've gone astray.
Keith
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
HenriettaStrauss

Post by HenriettaStrauss »

Keratak wrote: August 19th, 2023, 1:34 pm This is my first significant effort in DR, so be patient with me.
Narrator is shown as Open, but I have those spots, correct?
Also, should there be a Forward section, or do I include that with Ch 1?

It seems then that you want One recording for each section as they are broken out in the script.
I haven't looked at it in detail, yet but hope to get into it in the coming weeks.

Let me know if I've gone astray.
Keith
OK. Yes, the narrator is yours. I had forgotten to add that in.

The foreword has it's own section. I just fixed that.

Yes. One recording per chapter.

Thanks,
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
[Open] Mazli by Johanna Spryi. 9 roles open!
"To read or not to read, that is the question..."
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Another question: should we say Act# or Chapter #?
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
HenriettaStrauss

Keratak wrote: August 19th, 2023, 1:53 pm Another question: should we say Act# or Chapter #?
Chapter please.
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
thecountess

Post by thecountess »

Henrietta, while I reading over my lines I noticed that one of the lines for the Baron in Chapter 8 is missing his name.

~ The Countess
HenriettaStrauss

thecountess wrote: August 20th, 2023, 6:42 am Henrietta, while I reading over my lines I noticed that one of the lines for the Baron in Chapter 8 is missing his name.

~ The Countess
Thanks for letting me know.
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

I wanted to get a start on it and make sure I was doing it right.
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/maezli_narrator_foreward.mp3
3:15
It sounds ok to me, but I wanted to be sure my neighbors' tv wasn't bleeding into it.
Let me know if this piece sounds ok, and I'm getting the syntax right.
I'll also try to do Chapter 1 and get it submitted for the same reasons.
I don't know what you all have to go through to patch all this together, so I want to be sure I'm giving you what you need.
HenriettaStrauss

Keratak wrote: August 20th, 2023, 6:24 pm I wanted to get a start on it and make sure I was doing it right.
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/maezli_narrator_foreward.mp3
3:15
It sounds ok to me, but I wanted to be sure my neighbors' tv wasn't bleeding into it.
Let me know if this piece sounds ok, and I'm getting the syntax right.
I'll also try to do Chapter 1 and get it submitted for the same reasons.
I don't know what you all have to go through to patch all this together, so I want to be sure I'm giving you what you need.
Okay, we'll let you know shortly.
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
HenriettaStrauss

It seems there is an error in the MW. ElizaZ told me that she would DPL the parts. Is it possible for that to be fixed?
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Yes, I can take ElizaZ' name off the Magic Window. :thumbs:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I noticed that Eliza has been away for a week now, maybe summer vacation, so to avoid having Keith wait for some feedback I gave the recording a listen. I have to say, the foreword was perfectly read, and makes you look forward for the main story! No neighbors' TV either! :D

Forward can be marked PL OK! Unless: Henrietta, would you like to include the Cast of characters in the Foreword, or in Chapter 1? Whichever it will be, it will be best for the narrator to include the phrase "Cast of Characters" and after that we'll edit to add the "[character] read by [name]" phrase by each reader. So if you'd like it in the foreword, I would suggest adding the phrase "Cast of Characters" at the end of the Foreword, I mean just before the phrase "End of Foreword". What do you think?
HenriettaStrauss

Rapunzelina wrote: August 21st, 2023, 11:06 am I noticed that Eliza has been away for a week now, maybe summer vacation, so to avoid having Keith wait for some feedback I gave the recording a listen. I have to say, the foreword was perfectly read, and makes you look forward for the main story! No neighbors' TV either! :D

Forward can be marked PL OK! Unless: Henrietta, would you like to include the Cast of characters in the Foreword, or in Chapter 1? Whichever it will be, it will be best for the narrator to include the phrase "Cast of Characters" and after that we'll edit to add the "[character] read by [name]" phrase by each reader. So if you'd like it in the foreword, I would suggest adding the phrase "Cast of Characters" at the end of the Foreword, I mean just before the phrase "End of Foreword". What do you think?
I think that it would be best if we add the cast of characters to the beginning of Chapter 1 to reduce the amount of work Keith has to do. I will mark Foreword as PL okay! :D

Thanks,
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
HenriettaStrauss

Rapunzelina wrote: August 21st, 2023, 5:40 am Yes, I can take ElizaZ' name off the Magic Window. :thumbs:
Thanks!
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
HenriettaStrauss

Rapunzelina, I just noticed that Foreword is spelled wrong in the link. Is that okay?

Thanks,
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I can't see what link you mean, but I don't think it's a problem.