[Complete] The King's Son, A Memoir of Billy Bray - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

silverquill wrote: September 16th, 2023, 9:42 pm Sorry, I forgot that there was one correction needed for Chapter 9

10:35 – 39 Repeat, “Then the Lord said to me again.”
Many thanks. I have edited and uploaded the corrected Chapter 9. It now comes out at 00:20:56.
Alan
"But I want some reading—some fine bold reading, some splendid book..." Noddy Boffin in Our Mutual Friend
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Chapters 4 and 9 are PL OK.
Chapter 4 spoke to me.

~ Larry

Today, May 26, is my 11 year anniversary with LibriVox. What a journery!
Some stats: 2,300 projects, 335 as BC, 500 as DPL, 1850 as reader.
More to come :D
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

silverquill wrote: September 17th, 2023, 1:23 pm Chapters 4 and 9 are PL OK.
Chapter 4 spoke to me.
PtL! Chapter 4 is glorious!
Alan
"But I want some reading—some fine bold reading, some splendid book..." Noddy Boffin in Our Mutual Friend
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

For information: I have recorded two more chapters.. These are (slowly!!) being edited and should be posted soon. I hope to record the final two chapters (one long and one short) soon.
Alan
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

I have uploaded Chapter 7 - Sabbath Keeping.. It comes out at 15 mins 30 sec.

Currently I am editing Chapter 8 - Trials and Conflicts which I hope to have ready to post next week.

I have changed the completion target to 31st December 2023..
Alan
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Hawden wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 1:00 pm I have uploaded Chapter 7 - Sabbath Keeping.. It comes out at 15 mins 30 sec.

Currently I am editing Chapter 8 - Trials and Conflicts which I hope to have ready to post next week.

The completion target date doesn’t affect anything. You don’t get a detention if you miss it 8-)
I will be gone until approximately June 3 and will catch up on cataloguing and PLing on my return.
In case of emergency, please contact any other MC.

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
~A friend of Marie-Antoinette
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hawden wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 1:00 pm I have uploaded Chapter 7 - Sabbath Keeping.. It comes out at 15 mins 30 sec.

This is PL OK as long as your comfortable with the large amount of background noises -- birds, barking dogs, motorized vehicles, people talking, etc.

~ Larry

Hawden

Post by Hawden »

Chapter 5 - The Prayer of Faith is uploaded at 19 mins 41 sec.

I have recorded the final three chapters: 8, 10 & 11. I hope to edit and upload them in the next couple of weeks.
Alan
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hawden wrote: December 19th, 2023, 2:01 pm Chapter 5 - The Prayer of Faith is uploaded at 19 mins 41 sec.

I have recorded the final three chapters: 8, 10 & 11. I hope to edit and upload them in the next couple of weeks.
Chapter 5 is PL OK

Looking forward to the remaining chapters

~ Larry

Hawden

Post by Hawden »

I have uploaded Chapter 5 - Trials and Conflicts. It comes out at 32 mins 39 sec.

Chapter 10 is next.
Alan
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

I have uploaded Chapter 10 - Rebuke and Exhortation. It comes out at 16 mins 30 sec.

Chapter 11 is next. It is the final chapter, and rather long! I just have to edit it.
Alan
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I've listened to Sections 8 and 10, and everything is fine - very enjoyable listening.

I just have a question about the extended introductions which are a bit beyond the LibriVox policy of "omit nothing, add nothing," but personally I like them and think they add a lot, especially in a solo project. Then there is the question of the singing in Section 8 at 5:42 – 6:09. We usually don't allow music, but there are certainly exceptions, and I think it is entirely appropriate here, and adds to the overall experience. I just want to make sure we're within LV guidelines, so I'm going to ask our administrator for an opinion.

~ Larry

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

We do not allow editorializing… which includes extended introductions. You can add this extra information to the summary, but not the recorded sections.

As for singing… the main issue is whether the tune is PD. If it is included in the text, it’s fine. If it’s something you made up, it’s probably ok. Otherwise it’s a very gray area and we tend not to allow it.
I will be gone until approximately June 3 and will catch up on cataloguing and PLing on my return.
In case of emergency, please contact any other MC.

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
~A friend of Marie-Antoinette
Hawden

Post by Hawden »

I have uploaded the final chapter: Chapter 11. It came out at 34 mins, 53 sec.

There are still some post PL corrections to attend to. Hope to do those in a week or so.

Alan
Alan
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

These are all PL OK as far as I am concerned, so I have marked them as such.
I especially enjoyed Chapter 11

If you have any changes you are making and want me to give a Spot PL, just let me

Thank you for introducing me to the wonderful man of God!

~ Larry