COMPLETE [DRAM.READ]New Adventures of Alice by John Rae - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
prwells32

Post by prwells32 »

The Kitten for Chapter 6 is PL OK. I checked it against the text and I couldn't find any more lines.

I also noticed that I am not listed in the MW as DPL, but I can get into it. Any idea what this is about?
Patrick

Enjoy Tom Swift? Perhaps you would enjoy a book about him meeting up with some Diamond Makers
Or perhaps you'd rather talk about music with children.
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

prwells32 wrote:The Kitten for Chapter 6 is PL OK. I checked it against the text and I couldn't find any more lines.

I also noticed that I am not listed in the MW as DPL, but I can get into it. Any idea what this is about?
You have a temporary password and that is what I had to put into the DPL section of the database so that is what shows up in the MW.
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
prwells32

Post by prwells32 »

I see. Thanks.
Patrick

Enjoy Tom Swift? Perhaps you would enjoy a book about him meeting up with some Diamond Makers
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Thanks for the "Mother" files Michele. I've put them in the MW for PL.
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

francesb wrote:Can I read for the Queen?
I'm sorry Frances, but Emily requested the part of the Queen just a few posts before yours. Perhaps there's another part you're interested in? :)
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

So on second glance, Betsy and Sister are different.

I've recorded them both with slightly different voices. If you want to nix the Sister, that's fine with me. Up to you!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/newadventuresofalice_betsy_1.mp3
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/newadventuresofalice_alicessister_15.mp3
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

There is no link to chapter 10 in the Magic Window.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

JoFriday21 wrote:So on second glance, Betsy and Sister are different.

I've recorded them both with slightly different voices. If you want to nix the Sister, that's fine with me. Up to you!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/newadventuresofalice_betsy_1.mp3
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/newadventuresofalice_alicessister_15.mp3
Thanks Amanda. I've uploaded your files for both roles to PL. :D
~Elley

ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Breeze wrote:There is no link to chapter 10 in the Magic Window.
Sorry about that, Breeze! I've fixed the MW and the link is there now. :)
~Elley

prwells32

Post by prwells32 »

The mother for Chapter 1 is PL OK and all lines are present.

For Betsy there is one "line" that would be easy to miss. Not sure if you want it in character or not. On the second page in the following passage
She had hardly got comfortably snuggled and settled into the pillow and kissed Mother and called "Good night" to Dick, the Canary (who answered with a sleepy little thrill, when she found herself up in the attic looking for things "to dress up in."
Alice's sister in Chapter 15 is PL OK and all lines are present.
Patrick

Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Here is the blackbird:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/newadventuresofalice_blackbird_02.mp3
If you think my voice is ok for the part, I can do the cook as well.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
prwells32

Post by prwells32 »

The blackbird is a little bit on the soft side, but barely. I'm going to go ahead and mark it PL OK.
Patrick

prwells32

Post by prwells32 »

Hello all
I will be out of town starting tomorrow and going on until the 14th. I will have limited access to the internet during certain portions of the trip, but will not be able to do any PLing. Sorry about that. I'll get caught up as soon as I get home!
Patrick

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Did you want the "Good night" or no...? I didn't get a definite yes from the BC :)
prwells32

Post by prwells32 »

I don't know. It's not my decision to make.
Patrick