COMPLETE[Satire/DramaticRead]Headlong Hall by TLPeacock - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

Chapter 15 has been uploaded.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/headlonghall_foster_15.mp3
I will redo any that doesn't sound right to you. I am retired and seem to have found a hobby that I am enjoying.

What shall I do about the group singing as I can not even carry a tune? Shall I chant the words?

Mike
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

TriciaG wrote:That's fine. Is the score included in the text link, or is it a separate source? I can put the source link on the catalog page to cover all bases.
Hi TriciaG,

Only the lyrics are in the text. I will have to see if Algy has a link to the scores.

Thanks for your help
-Amy :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

2peltons wrote:Chapter 15 has been uploaded.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/headlonghall_foster_15.mp3
I will redo any that doesn't sound right to you. I am retired and seem to have found a hobby that I am enjoying.

What shall I do about the group singing as I can not even carry a tune? Shall I chant the words?

Mike
Hi Mike,

I am glad you are enjoying it. It is a great hobby. It's so much fun, and is a very positive thing, creating an audio library for the world.
Thanks for all your recordings! I will proof listen right away.
You certainly can chant the words. I get a kick out of mixing the tracks and hearing how it all sounds together. If all goes well, Algy is going to play piano music for the songs. It is sounds great having the layers of voices so your chanting will work well. If you want to, you can wait until his tune is ready and then chant with it.

Thanks so much, Mike!
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Libertyness

Post by Libertyness »

Hi there!
I'd be interested in taking up one of the remaining song parts. Will Algy be composing tunes for the solo songs as welll? Im not sure how good I'd be at coming up with an original era-appropriate tune...

Thanks!
Liberty
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Liberty,

I will put you down for the lovely Miss Cephalis Cranium. I think Algy is going to compose something for it. I will double check.

Thanks!
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

I have uploaded with a great deal of misgivings my interpretation of singing in chapter 13.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/headlonghall_foster_13.mp3
It took me three tries to get through it as I would start laughing at myself, its pretty bad.

Mike
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Just noticed a typo in the MW regarding the name of my character. It says Philomena, but the text says Philomela.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

2peltons wrote:I have uploaded with a great deal of misgivings my interpretation of singing in chapter 13.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/headlonghall_foster_13.mp3
It took me three tries to get through it as I would start laughing at myself, its pretty bad.

Mike
Hi Mike!
It will work great. You sound in character, in good spirits having a good time with the guys.
Thanks so much!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Darvinia wrote:Just noticed a typo in the MW regarding the name of my character. It says Philomena, but the text says Philomela.
Hi Darvinia,

I guess I just saw it as Philomena because I've never known a Philomela. Great catch. I updated the MW.

Thanks!
-Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thanks, Todd! I will PL them soon. :D
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

2peltons wrote:Chapter 7 is in the hopper.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/headlonghall_foster_07.mp3

Mike
Hi Mike,

In Chapter 7, deductible is said instead of deducible. Please send in the line again when you have a chance.

" I am aware of the etymology; but I contend that there is an universal
and immutable truth, deducible from the nature of things."

Everything else is PL OK. Or should I say perfect! Maybe you aren't a perfectibilian but a perfectionist.

Thanks!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Libertyness wrote:Hi there!
I'd be interested in taking up one of the remaining song parts. Will Algy be composing tunes for the solo songs as welll? Im not sure how good I'd be at coming up with an original era-appropriate tune...

Thanks!
Liberty
Hi Liberty,

Are you okay with being Cephalis or would you like another lady? Algy is going to do it, but if the song flows out of you in a way that seems natural we can use that because he isn't inspired yet for this song. If you think you can sing it to the tune of The First Noel which is PD that would work. :mrgreen:

Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

[quote="ToddHW"]Here is Reverend Doctor Gaster (except for the songs)

Hi Todd,

The Reverend Doctor Gaster is PL OK! Great work!

Thanks!
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

The corrected version of chapter 7 has been uploaded.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tg/headlonghall_foster_07.mp3

I can't wait to download this book when you have completed it.

Mike