COMPLETE-[HYMNS] Public Domain Hymns - 01 - ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kargin

Post by Kargin »

Here's Section 01 Subsection 03 @ 13:47:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ez/publicdomainhymns_01_03.mp3

I did NOT amplify this one as I had a fairly consistent peak greater than .5, let me know if you'd like me to go back to the drawing board and amplify it! I am personally more pleased with this recording over my Subsection 02, hopefully you will agree! Let me know your thoughts and even though I proof listened to it I could always use another opinion on what needs fixing!

I'll take a break from this project to finish up some others I've committed to but rest assured so long as I'm welcome I'll return here, thanks!!
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Kargin wrote:Here's Section 01 Subsection 03 @ 13:47:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ez/publicdomainhymns_01_03.mp3

I did NOT amplify this one as I had a fairly consistent peak greater than .5, let me know if you'd like me to go back to the drawing board and amplify it! I am personally more pleased with this recording over my Subsection 02, hopefully you will agree! Let me know your thoughts and even though I proof listened to it I could always use another opinion on what needs fixing!

I'll take a break from this project to finish up some others I've committed to but rest assured so long as I'm welcome I'll return here, thanks!!
Kargin, the audio quality sounds pretty good so far just listening with my ear. I usually try to, as a personal preference, amplify my audio files so that there are 4 dB left I could amp them when I save them. (Any higher than that and I start to hear sound issues.) For example, if when you go to amplify the Audacity software suggests a file can be amplified 10 more dB, I will put in 6 to get the desired amp. If 23, I will put it at 19, etc.

If, when you listen, Audacity suggests about 4 dB, amplification may not be necessary.

Thanks for your good work!

Sam
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sam,

I'm willing to do Section 8, but this is really confusing. Can you update the MW with the section titles as you want them to appear in the MP3 tags - and mark what sections have been claimed? Also, it would help if you would update your first post so that the "Save File As" section includes the file naming convention you want us to use, rather than the template language (as is, I see 3 different file name conventions mentioned . . .)

And not to be really picky, but 2 weeks to complete this part of the project (January 15, 2011) seems a bit quick . . .

MaryAnn
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Sam,

I'm willing to do Section 8, but this is really confusing. Can you update the MW with the section titles as you want them to appear in the MP3 tags - and mark what sections have been claimed? Also, it would help if you would update your first post so that the "Save File As" section includes the file naming convention you want us to use, rather than the template language (as is, I see 3 different file name conventions mentioned . . .)

And not to be really picky, but 2 weeks to complete this part of the project (January 15, 2011) seems a bit quick . . .

MaryAnn
MaryAnn,

Thanks for the ideas. How does it look now?

Let's shoot for March 15, 2011 for Section 01.

Regards,

Sam
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

That helps Sam, thanks. I suggest that when you start the new thread for section 2, you only list the hymns making up the subsections in that section in the opening post. Small bites are easier to digest than the whole kit and caboodle - and at some point people just give up reading and click on another project that looks a bit simpler

Do you want the refrain actually repeated in the reading or just say "repeat refrain"?

MaryAnn
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:That helps Sam, thanks. I suggest that when you start the new thread for section 2, you only list the hymns making up the subsections in that section in the opening post. Small bites are easier to digest than the whole kit and caboodle - and at some point people just give up reading and click on another project that looks a bit simpler

Do you want the refrain actually repeated in the reading or just say "repeat refrain"?

MaryAnn
Thanks, MaryAnn. It's good advice.

If you would, please repeat the refrain each time. What I did was record the refrain once and then copied and pasted it each time the hymn said "repeat refrain." With one of those, I think it had me do this about 12 times! Hopefully, that was anomaly. :)

Regards,

Sam
Samuel Stinson

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

We've moved to Readers Wanted: Short Works (which seemed to be more fit than "books" for this project).

Susan, I believe I forgot to mention you're in as DPL.

Cheers,
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
Chris Caron

Post by Chris Caron »

May I read from the fourth subsection?
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Chris Caron wrote:May I read from the fourth subsection?
Certainly! I'll mark you down for it. Thanks Chris!

Sam
Samuel Stinson

afloatinglife

Post by afloatinglife »

Hello! I'd like to read Section 01, Subsection 06 please. It's been a while since I've recorded, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the mix!!

Thanks,
Stephanie (aka afloatinglife)
stinssd

Post by stinssd »

afloatinglife wrote:Hello! I'd like to read Section 01, Subsection 06 please. It's been a while since I've recorded, but I'm looking forward to getting back into the mix!!

Thanks,
Stephanie (aka afloatinglife)
Thanks Stephanie! Got you plugged in now.

Sam
Samuel Stinson

stinssd

Post by stinssd »

Thanks Chris!
Samuel Stinson

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

Ezwa:

Thanks, I'm starting today. Sounds like a great project!
ofTexas-Susan