[COMPLETE][Novel][Erotica]Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

VOjamie wrote: January 19th, 2024, 2:03 pm Hi

Please find Section 3.
Time: 34:23

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_03_lawrence_128kb.mp3
Thank you for section 3! It's very nicely done, and I enjoyed your expressive reading style. I have just a few PL notes:

- At 5:47, "But at sight of him something in Clifford's county soul recoiled," you say "But at sight of him something in Clifford's country soul recoiled" (p. 22)
- At 13:41, "How much stupider!" I hear "How much Jupiter!" (p. 25)
- At 21:59, after "she said resentfully," could you include the line "I know! I know!"? (p. 28)
- At 23:44 "May I be sure you don't hate me?" I hear "Maybe sure you don't hate me?" (p. 28)
- At 34:08, "he might even have wished to get her and Michaelis together again," you say "he might have wished to get her and Michaelis together again" (p. 32)
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

AmberAlVO wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:34 pm I'd love to read Chapter 16, Part 2! If it is still open :D
Hello, and welcome to LV! :) I've signed you up for chapter 16, part 2, but I do want to mention that it's a pretty long chapter and will probably run around 45 minutes, which is a lot for a new reader. You might consider claiming a short section of another project and recording that first so that you have a chance to get the hang of the recording and editing process with something shorter. You'd still have two months to complete this section. Some new readers do start off with a long chapter though, so it's up to you!

Thank you for claiming, and feel free to ask if you have questions about anything!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
VOjamie

Post by VOjamie »

Scarbo wrote: January 19th, 2024, 6:08 pm

Please find Section 3.

Thank you for section 3! It's very nicely done, and I enjoyed your expressive reading style. I have just a few PL notes:

- At 5:47, "But at sight of him something in Clifford's county soul recoiled," you say "But at sight of him something in Clifford's country soul recoiled" (p. 22)
- At 21:59, after "she said resentfully," could you include the line "I know! I know!"? (p. 28)
- At 23:44 "May I be sure you don't hate me?" I hear "Maybe sure you don't hate me?" (p. 28)
- At 34:08, "he might even have wished to get her and Michaelis together again," you say "he might have wished to get her and Michaelis together again" (p. 32)
Thanks, I'll work on these and re-submit.
MJ
------
Volunteer reader
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

VOjamie

Post by VOjamie »

Scarbo wrote: January 19th, 2024, 6:08 pm

Please find Section 3.

Apologies for this. I just wanted to make sure before replacing 5:47 and 34:08. The book text on Archive.org says "country" for the first one and the word "even" is not on the book. Is it okay to go ahead and replace?
MJ
------
Volunteer reader
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

VOjamie wrote: January 19th, 2024, 7:21 pm Apologies for this. I just wanted to make sure before replacing 5:47 and 34:08. The book text on Archive.org says "country" for the first one and the word "even" is not on the book. Is it okay to go ahead and replace?
No apology needed, thanks for checking about this! It looks like you might be reading from a version of the text different from the one linked in the first post. Could you read from this version?

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for section 6! It's very nicely done, and I enjoyed your expressive reading style. Here are my PL notes:

- At 3:00, "How would you like me to start acting up like a continental male at this moment," I hear "Why would you like me to start acting up like a continental male at this moment" (p. 65)
- At 4:38, "Meanwhile you just lived on and there was nothing to it," I hear "Meanwhile she just lived on and there was nothing to it" (p. 65)
- At 6:22, "Then she gathered her defiance, and looked at him," I don't quite hear all of "defiance" (p. 67)
- At 7:16, "Then more sobs, but subduing," I hear "Then more sobs, but so doing" (p. 68)
- At 9:23, "the spoilt, false little female," I hear "the spot, false little female" (p. 69)
- At 9:27, "The keeper saluted in silence," I hear "The keeper slithered in silence" (p. 69)
- At 11:01, "and I don't think they're two as'd hit it off very easy," I hear "and I'll think they're two as'd hit it off very easy" (p. 70)
- At 11:51, "heartily relieved to get away from the contact," I hear "hardly relieved to get away from the contact" (p. 71)
- At 13:18, "In the very experience of the nothingness of life," you say "In the very existence of the nothingness of life" (p. 71)
- At 13:56, "and say finally: So that's that!" I hear "or say finally: So that's that!" (p. 72)
- At 16:46, "That seemed the simplest solution of the otherwise insoluble," I hear "It seemed as simple a solution of the otherwise insoluble" (p. 73)
- At 21:45, "In the little yard two paces beyond her," I hear "In the little yard two paces behind her" (p. 76)
- At 22:28, "She saw the clumsy breeches slipping down over the pure, delicate, white loins," you say "She saw the clumsy breeches slipping down over the pale, delicate, white loins" (p. 76)
- At 23:03, "But with her mind she was inclined to ridicule," I hear "But her mind she was inclined to ridicule" (p. 77)
- At 25:15, "His eyes were smiling again, a little mockingly," I don't quite hear "again" (p. 78)

Sarah
VOjamie

Post by VOjamie »

Scarbo wrote: January 20th, 2024, 4:52 am
VOjamie wrote: January 19th, 2024, 7:21 pm Apologies for this. I just wanted to make sure before replacing 5:47 and 34:08. The book text on Archive.org says "country" for the first one and the word "even" is not on the book. Is it okay to go ahead and replace?
No apology needed, thanks for checking about this! It looks like you might be reading from a version of the text different from the one linked in the first post. Could you read from this version?
Thanks for this. I've re-uploaded. Time is 34:23.

MJ
------
Volunteer reader
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

VOjamie wrote: January 20th, 2024, 1:27 pm Thanks for this. I've re-uploaded. Time is 34:23.

PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
AmberAlVO

Post by AmberAlVO »

Scarbo wrote: January 19th, 2024, 6:17 pm
AmberAlVO wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:34 pm I'd love to read Chapter 16, Part 2! If it is still open :D
Hello, and welcome to LV! :) I've signed you up for chapter 16, part 2, but I do want to mention that it's a pretty long chapter and will probably run around 45 minutes, which is a lot for a new reader. You might consider claiming a short section of another project and recording that first so that you have a chance to get the hang of the recording and editing process with something shorter. You'd still have two months to complete this section. Some new readers do start off with a long chapter though, so it's up to you!

Thank you for claiming, and feel free to ask if you have questions about anything!

Ill give it a try and upload it! Almost finished with the edit. If it comes out a little off I'll try something different. I noticed after I claimed it that it was longer and had some heavy accented quotes but I slowly got through it with the help of many cups of tea and a LOT of takes hahahah
fshort

Post by fshort »

I’d like to record Chapter 13
Section 15
p.p. 214-234

Florence Short
Florence Short
"...he not busy being born is busy dying."
Lyrics from Bob Dylan song
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

fshort wrote: January 20th, 2024, 9:48 pm I’d like to record Chapter 13
Section 15
p.p. 214-234

Florence Short
It's all yours! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
valroth

Post by valroth »

Hello,

May I claim Section 22—Chapter 19 please?

Thanks,

Val
“Life offers up these moments of joy despite everything.” ― Sally Rooney, Normal People
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

valroth wrote: January 21st, 2024, 1:47 pm Hello,

May I claim Section 22—Chapter 19 please?

Thanks,

Val
Certainly! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
AmberAlVO

Post by AmberAlVO »

Finished! Still very new to this so hopefully there isnt much background noise.

Chpater 16.2

-Amber Al
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ladychatterleyslover_16_2_lawrence_128kb.mp3