(Complete) Women of the War-lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Once again, thanks for your careful listening - it does matter to me. After some comparison, I could hear what you're hearing, but am not sure how to repair it. I ran Section 7 back through the de-clicker, hoping the smooth it. I uploaded the newest version.

I had recorded but not edited Section 8 on the same day. It is even more "off" so I deleted it. I will work to try to recapture the magic settings when I can next sit down to record.

T
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: February 10th, 2024, 12:53 pm Once again, thanks for your careful listening - it does matter to me. After some comparison, I could hear what you're hearing, but am not sure how to repair it. I ran Section 7 back through the de-clicker, hoping the smooth it. I uploaded the newest version.

I had recorded but not edited Section 8 on the same day. It is even more "off" so I deleted it. I will work to try to recapture the magic settings when I can next sit down to record.

T
I'll listen thanks but I don't think it sounded like a de-clicker issue. Sounded like either a different microphone, or a sampling rate change or something like that affecting the way your voice is being recorded.
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: February 10th, 2024, 12:53 pm Once again, thanks for your careful listening - it does matter to me. After some comparison, I could hear what you're hearing, but am not sure how to repair it. I ran Section 7 back through the de-clicker, hoping the smooth it. I uploaded the newest version.

T
I enjoyed listening again: it meant I could pay closer attention to the story and themes and context than when I'm focusing on individual word clarity.

When I first started playing I thought the de-clicker had made it worse as it sounds ever so slightly more muffled and distorted. By the end I wasn't sure. I'm afraid I deleted the original track so as not to get them confused so can't compare. Do you still have it?
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

I just figured this out…it was a mic setting. Will re-record section 7 later today.
T
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: February 12th, 2024, 9:55 am I just figured this out…it was a mic setting. Will re-record section 7 later today.
T
Great news that you figured it out. But I would let it pass without re-recording: I've heard much worse quality in the catalogue. Up to you of course: I'll happily listen again if you really want to.
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Rerecorded and posted Section 7. Will endeavor to work more efficiently going forward. :)
T
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: February 13th, 2024, 10:23 am Rerecorded and posted Section 7. Will endeavor to work more efficiently going forward. :)
T
😊
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: February 13th, 2024, 10:23 am Rerecorded and posted Section 7. Will endeavor to work more efficiently going forward. :)
T
I'm so glad I mentioned it. I've only just started listening but it's so much clearer now: back to the usual standard 👌.
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

PaulWelford wrote: February 13th, 2024, 11:50 am
T
😊
And... PL OK: PL perfect in fact 👏
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Thank you, thank you!
T
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Section 8 is posted for PL.
T
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: February 15th, 2024, 3:30 pm Section 8 is posted for PL.
T
PL OK
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Section 9 is posted. Three more amazing war time occupations.
T
PaulWelford

Post by PaulWelford »

TrLove wrote: February 21st, 2024, 3:32 pm Section 9 is posted. Three more amazing war time occupations.
T
Fascinating! PL OK
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Section 10 is ready for PL.
T