[COMPLETE]Treatise Of Human Nature by David Hume,Vol I-lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

File 24 is repaired.
George
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

File 9 is probably OK. I am moving on to Volume II except for changes linty wishes me to make.
George
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi George,
Will you send me a PM when all files are ready to be catalogued? I do keep an eye on the thread here, but always good to get an extra reminder :)
Oh, by the way, I'll be away on a brief (computer-free) holiday from Sunday Oct 18 until Friday Oct 23.
Regards,
Anna
linty_pupik

Post by linty_pupik »

Found a few things in file 29, very minor stuff:

1:21
[really have] *have really*

6:25
[arrive] *arise*

13:34
[they say] *say they*

19:41
mind[s]

28:57
[already been] *been already*

38:28
[the] qualities

44:36
principle[s]

46:20
[one] (I think you there are just reading a footnote marker that isn't necessary to read or include)

46:56 [two] (I believe this is the same thing as the "one" above, it is just a footnote but the footnote is a reference to the introduction of the particular edition that is being used, and so not necessary to include)
linty_pupik

Post by linty_pupik »

The Appendix is found at the end of the Gutenberg text. I believe it was initially published along with Volume II, and its contents relate exclusively to Volume I. Since the recordings of these volumes are being published separately, it might be wise to include the reading of the appendix with Volume I, rather than with Volume III. Following the order of the Gutenberg text, that is how it would end up, but since the appendix relates to Volume I, and was published along with Volume II, I think it would make some sense to put it with Volume I.

I think, however, most printed editions put it at the end of Volume III. So that is an argument for keeping it there.

Anyway, just want to bring this up as an issue.
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

linty_pupik wrote:Found a few things in file 29, very minor stuff: . . .
I'll get these in today or tomorrow.
George
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

linty_pupik wrote:The Appendix is found at the end of the Gutenberg text. I believe it was initially published along with Volume II, and its contents relate exclusively to Volume I. Since the recordings of these volumes are being published separately, it might be wise to include the reading of the appendix with Volume I, rather than with Volume III. Following the order of the Gutenberg text, that is how it would end up, but since the appendix relates to Volume I, and was published along with Volume II, I think it would make some sense to put it with Volume I.

I think, however, most printed editions put it at the end of Volume III. So that is an argument for keeping it there.

Anyway, just want to bring this up as an issue.
I understand, linty, and I think your logic is good. However, this would confuse things for someone looking at the Gutenberg text while listening. I sometimes read and listen when I'm really tying to get something (like Norwegian). I'm inclined to leave the Appendix at the end of Volume II, where it is in both printed copies I have.

We could put a "reader's note" at the end of the last part of Volume I referencing the location of the Appendix???

Anna?
George
lezer

Post by lezer »

I like that solution.
Something like "Reader's note: the appendix, which relates to Volume I, was printed at the end of Volume III and will also be read there."
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

lezer wrote:I like that solution.
Something like "Reader's note: the appendix, which relates to Volume I, was printed at the end of Volume III and will also be read there."
I think this is good, too. I'll do it.
George
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

linty_pupik wrote:Found a few things in file 29, very minor stuff
I have fixed these, although I am not entirely happy with the fixes. This seems to be a file made when I was in a fairly good voice (morning?). If you think the changes are too obvious, I will redo them.
George
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi George,
I'm leaving on a week's holiday tomorrow, and will not even take my computer :) So don't worry if there is no immediate response the next few days. I'll be back!
Anna
linty_pupik

Post by linty_pupik »

The File 33 txt file linked from the magic window is actually the file 34 txt file, I think.
linty_pupik

Post by linty_pupik »

I found a few things. Since I didn't have your corrected Gutenberg script, I only went by the public domain source, please check against your script:

4:13
suppose*s*

15:05
so strong *is* the prejudice

26:33
anihilated in/by absence

30:15
[whatever] *whenever*

32:35
as [it] is

39:50
[this] *the* fiction
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

linty_pupik wrote:The File 33 txt file linked from the magic window is actually the file 34 txt file, I think.
I'll check this today, linty, and deal with the errors you found.

Thanks!!
George
Frihet

Post by Frihet »

File 33 Text has been replaced.

I also uploaded an mp3 by mistake (33 or 34) but they are the same, so there should be no harm done. I'll double-check both.

If I ever do this again, linty, let me know. You should not have to chase things like this down.
George