[Complete] The Mysteries of London Vol.3 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

sheilablunt wrote:Hi Lynette,
I would like to read section 49 Lord Ellingham and Tom Rain.
Sheila Blunt
All yours
sheilablunt

Post by sheilablunt »

Hi Lynette
I've uploaded sec 49 which is 23:19 but there was a discrepancy. the section number is 49 but the chapter number is 48 which I announced as such. Was that correct?

I would also like to claim Sec 17 of Pantropheon and probably another section of Mysteries of London after that. thanks.

Sheila

mysteriesoflondonvol3_049_reynolds_128kb.mp3
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

sheilablunt wrote:Hi Lynette
I've uploaded sec 49 which is 23:19 but there was a discrepancy. the section number is 49 but the chapter number is 48 which I announced as such. Was that correct?

I would also like to claim Sec 17 of Pantropheon and probably another section of Mysteries of London after that. thanks.

Sheila

mysteriesoflondonvol3_049_reynolds_128kb.mp3
Hi Sheila
Some of the chapters were too long to be read as one section and had to be split, hence the discrepancy in numbering. The intro/outro should have the section number and chapter title. Also, could you please copy and paste the full link from the uploader. Thanks.
sheilablunt

Post by sheilablunt »

Lynette,
Here is my newly uploaded sec. 49 which is 23:16. Something strange is happening when I save the file. The full link is not showing on my label even though I typed it out in full. But I think I corrected it for this submission.

Next, may I claim sec 17 of the Pantropheon? And a question;Are the Roman numeral notes to be read?
Sheila

mysteriesoflondonvol3_49_reynolds_128kb.mp3
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

sheilablunt wrote:Lynette,
Here is my newly uploaded sec. 49 which is 23:16. Something strange is happening when I save the file. The full link is not showing on my label even though I typed it out in full. But I think I corrected it for this submission.

Next, may I claim sec 17 of the Pantropheon? And a question;Are the Roman numeral notes to be read?
Sheila

mysteriesoflondonvol3_49_reynolds_128kb.mp3
Thank you.
I'll answer your question in the Pantropheon thread :D
Edit: Sheila, on the server I am getting the message "unable to retrieve". There appears to be an extra 'mv' at the beginning of the file name. Also when you re-upload, please add the leading zero (049). Thank you.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

49 PL OK.
sheilablunt

Post by sheilablunt »

Lynette,
My exports look different than they used to; I exported and uploaded this file again using the same instructions on the forum; try agin, I don't know what is causing the labeling discrepancy.
Sheila

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mys ... _128kb.mp3 21.81 KB Clear
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

sheilablunt wrote:Lynette,
My exports look different than they used to; I exported and uploaded this file again using the same instructions on the forum; try agin, I don't know what is causing the labeling discrepancy.
Sheila

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mys ... _128kb.mp3 21.81 KB Clear
Thank you. Everything looks OK now.
AndersSlotSoerensen

Post by AndersSlotSoerensen »

I would like to read section 62

I'm new here, and would like to go under the name AndersSlotSoerensen in the catalogue

Kind regards
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AndersSlotSoerensen wrote: January 5th, 2018, 4:40 am I would like to read section 62

I'm new here, and would like to go under the name AndersSlotSoerensen in the catalogue

Kind regards

Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
I have added you to the catalog of readers. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
AndersSlotSoerensen

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68772

This is my one-minute test - waiting for the OK :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AndersSlotSoerensen wrote: January 9th, 2018, 2:13 am viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68772

This is my one-minute test - waiting for the OK :)
Hi
I looked at your test and see MagicMan has commented... while what he says is not wrong per se, if you follow his advice, you will be getting a higher standard than we require at LV (he is trying to get you to professional standard... we ask for 'good enough' :D )
So... he is right in that your file is too quiet. It registers at 77dB. Our target is 89dB, but we accept 86-92. I played with your test and amplified the maximum I could without clipping and got 87dB... within our range. So the rest of the info given by MagicMan is superfluous.

The best way to avoid this issue in future is to adjust your input settings. That said, amplifying a recording a certain amount is OK... its just if you over-process, it becomes distorted. To be honest, it takes quite a bit of 'messing around' to distort most files so the average listener can tell the difference.
Lynne
AndersSlotSoerensen

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you. Dave will check it when he is able, but I believe he is traveling.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

6:58 delete repeat, "but I was..."