Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

Alice White is PL OK! :thumbs:
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

I think I can handle "Rose Red" if no one else has volunteered already. :)
EstherbenSimonides

stoogeswoman wrote:I think I can handle "Rose Red" if no one else has volunteered already. :)
Thank you! I'd prefer not to have the same person play more than one character in a chapter, so would you rather play Rose Red or the three characters you already did?
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

EstherbenSimonides wrote:
stoogeswoman wrote:I think I can handle "Rose Red" if no one else has volunteered already. :)
Thank you! I'd prefer not to have the same person play more than one character in a chapter, so would you rather play Rose Red or the three characters you already did?
Oh, okay - sorry - I've done multiple roles in other productions so thought this would be ok. :oops:

Will just leave my other parts as is for now. Let me know later on if you still have trouble finding a Rose. :-)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Maybe I could do it and switch out Louisa Agnew for it... It's a pretty big role, though, isn't it? :hmm: And maybe you'd prefer me to stick with what I've already done, since then you'd have to find someone for Louisa Agnew...?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Just came over too, to see if you are still looking for a "Rose Red"! But I see your comments above about duplication, and I've already read a teacher in this book.

Anyway, I'm around and have a "young girl" voice I can do if you want it! (Most recently employed as "Florence" in "Our American Cousin" if you want to hear it!
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

So between Twinkle88, Elizabby and me you have three willing "Rose Reds" who've already recorded other roles.

What if you just "eeny meeny miney moe" pick one of us three to do "Rose", and then other two of us can re-record the other smaller parts? :-)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

One problem is that we're all in Chapter 9, so no one would be able to take over the abandoned role in that chapter.
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Twinkle88 wrote:One problem is that we're all in Chapter 9, so no one would be able to take over the abandoned role in that chapter.
Hmm. Okay, then, I'm out of ideas. Hopefully someone else will step in.
EstherbenSimonides

Thanks everyone for all your ideas!

So, in order for the least amount of people to have to re-record, it would probably make the most sense to have stoogeswoman to play Rose Red, Twinkle88 and Elizabby could play those two parts, and I may be able to find someone to play Mrs. Agnew. If you're all okay with that, that's great, or if you'd rather wait for someone hew to come and play Rose Red, that's great too. :)
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Well, I wouldn't be able to do Sally Alsop or Sally Austin, since they're both in Louisa Agnew chapters, but it looks like Beth could, if she wanted. :)
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

I'm ready and willing to do Rose Red but just let me know if one of you ladies would prefer it. :-)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I don't guess I'll give up Louisa for Rose Red. That's fine with me if you want to do her. :)
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

OK then, I will start recording "Rose Red" and we'll just see how it goes!
Here's Chapter 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/whatkatydidatschool_rosered_03.mp3 1 min 18.042 sec / 1.22 KB

Thank you! :-)
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Rose Red chapter 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/whatkatydidatschool_rosered_04.mp3 6 min 43.029 sec / 6.30 KB