COMPLETE: The Origin of Species... by Charles Darwin - NF/ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Cool. Great to see some movement in this project!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

I tell you what, I'm going to record 09 Hybridism. If duerig beats me to it, he/she can take the glory.

Anyone going to place bets?

Anything to get this wonderful project completed.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

LOL - bets are on! All my money's on you, David. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

lyra211 posted a while ago saying that she missed this project but that she'd love to take over an orphan. Shall we ask her to record mattcam's section?

Steve, how are you getting on with your own section?
kayray

Post by kayray »

Gesine wrote:lyra211 posted a while ago saying that she missed this project but that she'd love to take over an orphan. Shall we ask her to record mattcam's section?

Steve, how are you getting on with your own section?
I'd give it to Lyra! Let's wrap this up!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Have written a PM to Lyra to see if she has time to do section 10.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I've updated the reader list in the first post, reflecting the posts above. We all seem eager to get this project done - shall we see if we can get it catalogued this month?

We should make a start with proof-listening; Steve, if you have time, would you put it in the Listeners Wanted forum - otherwise I'll do it myself on Monday.
rootpi

Post by rootpi »

I'll take the orphan if lyra doesn't want it!
:)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Haven't heard from her so yes please, go for it! Thanks, rootpi! :)
kayray

Post by kayray »

I love it that this project is moving again! So exciting!
Kara
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Yes it is wonderful!... I was worried that I would need to move my recording of the glossary over to Cori's new Insomnia Collection =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I'm afraid that I am going to have to send my chapter in two sections, as it is over 120 Mb, and both medifire and yousendit have a 100 Mb limit on their free service.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Cori

Post by Cori »

I've found gigasize.com to work pretty well for such files, Peter. Free and although slow, both 400+MB files sent with it have arrived fine.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
kayray

Post by kayray »

It might be good to permanently split such a long chapter.
Kara
--------
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks for the suggestion, Cori. I'm having trouble with slow tonight: yousendit seems to have gone AWOL, so I looked at mediafire, which estimated over three hours upload time (at 10 p.m.!). I'll have a look at your upload site tomorrow evening.

Kara, I had just chopped the file into two at the boundary between two sections, expecting that the coordinator might want to glue them back together again. Should I formally introduce the second section and modify the intro to the first, do you think?

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger