[COMPLETE]Greater Life and Work of Christ by A. Patterson-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

joelgraff wrote: February 4th, 2021, 9:42 pm I've uploaded my recording of section 9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_09_patterson_128kb.mp3
Excellent! Can you tell me the running time, please?
joelgraff

Post by joelgraff »

42 Minutes, 23 seconds
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

joelgraff wrote: February 5th, 2021, 9:44 am 42 Minutes, 23 seconds
Thanks! I will try to listen soon!
Kaitybg7

Post by Kaitybg7 »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I just tried to download this and realized that it is an invalid link. I also just noticed that the MC listed in the URL is Kathrinee, and it should be myself, mightyfelix. I will try to find the correct file in my folder. But if I'm unable to, I'll need you to submit it again.

The best way to make sure that you're providing the correct link is to wait until the file name in the uploader turns into a blue URL link. Then right-click the link and choose "Copy link address." Then you can come here and paste it.

EDIT: Ok, I did find it in my folder. But again, if you copy and paste the link in the future, it will stop these kinds of errors from happening. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

joelgraff wrote: February 4th, 2021, 9:42 pm I've uploaded my recording of section 9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_09_patterson_128kb.mp3
Sorry it took me a little while to get to this one. :) Excellent reading, very engaging! I hardly felt like I was listening for over 40 minutes!

A couple of minor corrections needed.

0:26 You say "Part 1" here, but this is actually part 3. Please correct this. (If you wouldn't mind also adding a "Part 3" after "Chapter 4" at the very beginning, that would be great!)
42:17 Again, you say "Part 1" here, but this is part 3.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you so much for this long section! I can tell that you worked hard at it. And I enjoyed listening! Your voice is quite expressive, tender where it needs to be tender and strong where more emphasis is required. :9:

I did find a number of things that need to be corrected. Mostly, these are awkward pauses. I began to suspect, after the first two or three, that you might have been experiencing what I sometimes experience with texts on Hathi, which is slow loading and lag times. If that is the case, my sympathy! :( Still, when that happens, it's best to back up to the beginning of the phrase or sentence. And then remember to come back and cut the false start! Some of these pauses will be a very easy snip. Some of them, if there isn't a good place to make a smooth cut, may require you to rerecord the sentence. Then there are a couple of mis-read words here and there, so those bits will need to be re-recorded.

This list may look daunting, but given the very long section you did, I think you should be proud! :) The easiest way to tackle this is to start at the bottom of the list, the end of the track, and work your way to the beginning. That way, the time stamps won't change as you're working, and it'll be easier to find each spot and correct it. :thumbs:

0:00 Please add a little bit more space at the very beginning. Half a second or so would be fine. This prevents the first parts of your words from being cut off, as some audio players tend to drop the first little bit.
0:19 You left off part of the introduction (The first part I copied below is optional, but the second part is required.):
  • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say: "The Greater Life and Work of Christ, by Alexander Patterson. [Chapter title (part number if applicable)]"
`
6:38 Long pause here. "Mary Magdalene... [pause] ...had little faith, but great love." Please trim this pause down.
14:41 There is a hesitation here which makes me the sentence sound odd. Text (p. 197) reads: "All that he had and did we may in a measure also enjoy and do." It sounds to me like "All that he had and did we may in a..... un-measure also enjoy and do."
15:03 Another unnatural pause here. "Doeth he it... [pause] ...by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?"
20:24 Sudden stop and then restart "...seven fishermen who had-- [pause] ...who had caught nothing."`
20:52 Again a pause. "By the lessons of the-- [pause] ...imminence of the Lord they learned..."
26:53 Changed word here. Text reads (p. 203): "The visit of Christ to this place..." I hear: "The first of Christ to this place..."
28:16 Another pause here. This one is not quite as long or strange, but you may wish to trim it anyway. "He hath sent me... [pause] ...to proclaim release to the captives."
33:13 A stop and a pause. "...his disembodied spirit is not the Christ of re-- [pause] ...Christ of redemption the saved are to know..."
33:33 Changed word which I think is important. Text reads (p. 207): "The history of the earthly life of Christ..." I hear: "The history of the early life of Christ..."
33:57 Changed word. Text reads (p. 207): "We apply the word 'heaven' to all the holy part of the unseen world." I hear: "We apply the word 'heaven' to all the holy spirit of the unseen world."
39:25 Changed word. Text reads (p. 210): "...imparted to them the Holy Spirit when 'he breathed on them and said unto them...'" I hear: "...imparted to them the Holy Spirit when 'he breached on them and said unto them...'"
You have a little more than 5 seconds of silence at the end. If you like, since you are in there making edits anyway, you can trim about 1-2 seconds off the end. But if that were the only issue, I wouldn't have worried about it. :)
Kaitybg7

Post by Kaitybg7 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_10_patterson_128kb.mp3

Apologies for the mistakes, and thanks for helping me fix them up! It's currently 42:37.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kaitybg7 wrote: February 16th, 2021, 6:25 am https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_10_patterson_128kb.mp3

Apologies for the mistakes, and thanks for helping me fix them up! It's currently 42:37.
Thank you so much for the quick corrections! They sound great! There was one that you missed, but it should be an easy fix. Almost there! :D

20:27 Sudden stop and then restart "...seven fishermen who had-- [pause] ...who had caught nothing."`
joelgraff

Post by joelgraff »

mightyfelix wrote: February 14th, 2021, 4:35 pm A couple of minor corrections needed.

0:26 You say "Part 1" here, but this is actually part 3. Please correct this. (If you wouldn't mind also adding a "Part 3" after "Chapter 4" at the very beginning, that would be great!)
Corrections made and file is uploaded.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

joelgraff wrote: February 17th, 2021, 6:56 pm
mightyfelix wrote: February 14th, 2021, 4:35 pm A couple of minor corrections needed.

Corrections made and file is uploaded.
Perfect! PL ok now, thank you so much! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mightyfelix wrote: November 18th, 2020, 7:47 pm Thanks for your patience, Susan. I finally had a chunk of time to sit down and listen again through section 15 (Chapter 6, part 1). Only two tiny spots to correct.

Too much space at the beginning. Cut about 0.5 seconds.
20:47 Sudden volume jump on the words "It has." This spot was so loud and so sudden that I jumped! :shock: Amplify these two words by about -7 or -8.

Oh, and please correct the file name while you're at it. It should be greaterlifeworkofchrist_15_patterson_128kb
This reader hasn't been around for a month or so. These spots were easy to correct, though, so I've fixed them, and marked this section PL ok.

Almost finished now!
Kaitybg7

Post by Kaitybg7 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_10_patterson_128kb.mp3 (42:35)

Final edits ready! Contact me if there are any more issues!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kaitybg7 wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 4:15 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greaterlifeworkofchrist_10_patterson_128kb.mp3 (42:35)

Final edits ready! Contact me if there are any more issues!
Hooray! :clap: Thank you so much for pushing this project over the finish line! With this final PL ok section, I can start sending everything over to archive. :D It should be ready for listening sometime tomorrow. :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ah, we're in luck! I used a very secret and very technical technique :wink: to get this jump-started and in the catalogue this very night as is.

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-greater-life-and-work-of-christ-by-alexander-patterson/