[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 9 (Part I) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote: November 17th, 2018, 8:38 am I think this is my last part.
Sorry not to have been able to help with the editing.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_26_craig_128kb.mp3 2:44
totally PL ok, Craig, thank you. And you are right, those three lines were wrongly colour-coded. But I have already re-uploaded my new corrected narrator file with the added lines. No need to cut them out again, I'll simply discard them when I edit.

And thank you, Foon, for fishing out my PL notes again for Jason. :)

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote: November 20th, 2018, 2:21 pmIf there are any problems with my voice deepening when bit rate changes, I find that changing the pitch by raising it 5% restores it back to normal.
last time the voice pitch didn't change, but I remember it drastically changed one time, I wouldn't have recognized it was you :shock:

still...that should not be the solution to the problem. :( We need to find out why your sample rate is set wrongly. I mean, you used to have the correct one, otherwise you would never have passed the one-minute-test. :mrgreen:

Last try, please check whether you really have the correct settings under Edit - Preferences - Quality - Default Sample Rate: 44,100 Hz.

I just made you a printscreen, so you can see how I went to get there, just click on everything I squared into red:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Aw4Jc9IP7LrnellLk4Lfpztl72jUfY5W

I am really thinking you have 48,000 Hz in that specific box.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all sections wonderfully read, Leanne. :9: And most of them didn't have any pitch change, luckily, although they all had the wrong sample rate. :?

But I assembled the murder-scene from Macbeth together now (you guys sound great together) and there the voice was totally your normal one when I changed it to the right sample rate.

This one is ready for Anthony:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_22_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:39 min.

All the other sections are PL ok, but not ready for assembling yet.

Only one PL note for Rizpah (28):

> at 8:14: “But I cannot hear what you say for my Willy's voice in the wind—“ – I’m fairly sure this should only be a half-rhyme, and it means “wind” like “gust of air” and not “turning” (so /i/, not /ay/ )

> in this section your voice is really very deep, probably due to the wrong sample rate. Could you try this pitch change maybe ? And hopefully you manage to change your settings now with my step-by-step in the previous post.

Thanks !

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

I actually looked up the rhyming of wind/wind and both are correct, technically - it was very common to change the pronunciation of a word to make it rhyme, see 'Tiger Tiger' by William Blake - 'symmetry' is pronounced sim-it-TRY rather than simi-TREE to rhyme with 'eye' in the previous line.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote: November 21st, 2018, 6:33 am I actually looked up the rhyming of wind/wind and both are correct, technically - it was very common to change the pronunciation of a word to make it rhyme, see 'Tiger Tiger' by William Blake - 'symmetry' is pronounced sim-it-TRY rather than simi-TREE to rhyme with 'eye' in the previous line.
ah ok, so you think we can let it stand like that ? I always thought it was a half rhyme in those cases. I would have said simi-TREE nevertheless ;) But ok :)

PL ok then. Thanks

We still need to try to tackle the pitch change. But I'll cross that bridge when I have to edit. :lol:

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

any news on s.45 anthony?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 10:45 pm The last one was almost 30 minutes of recording. :shock: One of my very longest sections for this series thus far.
my download was "only" 17 minutes...maybe something went wrong in the upload ? :hmm:

I try to PL today still (but want to get some own recording done first), but I'd be happy if you could all pitch in to edit some of the finished DRs then. I'll mark which ones will be ready and who has time and wants to, please state in here which one you want to do, so we won't have double work.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I am officially creeped out by the ending lines of Eugene Aram :shock: well dramatized, Tomas :thumbs: In fact ALL of your parts this time have a high level of drama here. I loved them all... except I have not listened to the long section 52 yet. Will keep that for tomorrow.

All the others (27, 28, 29, 33, 38, 46) are PL ok, apart from one error in Section 39:

> at 1:09: "The snow fell hissing in the brine" - you say "sun", which sounds a bit strange

That means, Sections 28, 29, 33 and 38 are ready to be assembled. Who wants to help ?

Updating MW for now...

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Sonia, I'm happy to help with editing, but I won't have any time before Tuesday or Wednesday--so I'll just pick up whatever is left at that point. ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Section 39 has been uploaded again with the corrected line.

I can take 28 and 29 to edit right now. Maybe tomorrow I can do more, but for now I'll leave options on the table in case someone else wants to pitch in. :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: November 24th, 2018, 2:27 pm Section 39 has been uploaded again with the corrected line.
PL ok now but not ready for assembly yet.
I can take 28 and 29 to edit right now. Maybe tomorrow I can do more, but for now I'll leave options on the table in case someone else wants to pitch in. :)
thank you Tomas, and also Foon !!! :9: So 28 and 29 are for Tomas, and Foon, if you'd like to do the other two (33 and 38), that would be great. There's no hurry, some time next week is fine. I have a lot of PL backlog right now in other projects, so I'd be relieved not to worry about these here. :D

Meanwhile I have listened to Nothing to Wear and immediately edited Foon's part into yours, Tomas. Especially this quick-paced dialogue mentioning all the clothes sounds so funny together. But I love the final stanzas best, where the moral of the poem becomes clear. You bring a great change of tone of voice here. :thumbs:

Ready for a final listen by Anthony.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_1_52_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 19:33 min.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

28 and 29 are ready for PL.

This was a little trickier than usual because of Leanne's bitrate. I had to fiddle with pitch and tempo to re-capture her normal voice. :? Even now it may sound slightly off, but I can't do much more. This is why having the correct bitrate from the beginning is important. :P

I think we will give Jason another week or so, and then we may have to consider re-distribution or getting someone else to help at the last minute. We can't push this into Christmas when it's been our shortest project in the series... ever. The second part is much longer and will need more of our time.
Tomas Peter