[COMPLETE] The Dog Crusoe: Adventure in the Western Prairies-phi

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Kitty wrote: March 7th, 2019, 4:26 am Phil, your project made it on to the shortlist for the March challenge. Just announcing that I'm downloading the sections that are to be PLed and I try to check them all this afternoon.

Sonia

Kitty/Sonia! You are everywhere! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: March 7th, 2019, 5:05 am Kitty/Sonia! You are everywhere! :D
:lol: when I saw your name on the chapter, I thought the same. What a coincidence.

Well I had a listen to both your chapters and they are excellently read in character. I especially love the Scottish accent :9: But also Henri was well done. :thumbs:

Phewwww the initial scene with the buffaloes was totally awful for me to listen to. :( I had so much empathy with the poor animals and it was all too graphic. I marvel that this is supposed to be a children's book. Luckily the rest of the chapters was more easy-going on my sensitivity.

I have no problems marking both chapters PL ok. There's only a tiny thing missing in the second chapter:

> at 4:25: "Goin' to sing, I think," replied Joe. – you omitted “replied Joe”, but I think since you give them distinct voices, that's not a problem here. So PL ok as well.

Thanks !

And onto the last two...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

also finished PLing the last two chapters of the book and both are PL ok as well. Excellent readings there too, Stephen, I really enjoyed both sections. Especially little Grumps was totally endearing :9: the poor doggie, always stepped on.

Just one small remark about the sound in Section 26. It's a bit muffled and harder to understand than the one in Section 27. Maybe you did something different in those two recordings, other room, other gear, whatever :hmm: Still: if I crank up the volume a bit more, it's perfectly fine too, so all is well. :)

Thanks

Only one chapter left. Any takers ? I can PL it again if there is a volunteer to read and then we can archive this for the March challenge :9:

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Woah. What happened to 10. I thought we had all the chapters covered. Well, I'll be glad to handle that one to finish us off.

Aaron
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: March 7th, 2019, 7:25 amWoah. What happened to 10. I thought we had all the chapters covered. Well, I'll be glad to handle that one to finish us off.
super ! go for it, Aaron. :thumbs: I will PL it when it's done and then this little gem can get archived...

Phil: I'll put Aaron in the MW, so there won't be no confusion that the project is fully claimed.

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Thank you.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and chapter 10 is also PL ok and I was riveted by the action 8-) nice reading, Aaron. And thanks for the quick utrn-around.

Phil: this project is ready to be archived now :9: another great March clean-up accomplished.

Sonia
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

If no one is cataloguing this, I'll fill in for Phil? Yell if it's not what you want Phil.

Anne
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I am back temporarily. I will start cataloging..
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Another languishing project catalogued . Thanks everyone :D

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/dog-crusoe-by-r-m-ballantyne/

:clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: :clap:
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Tried pulling up a bit of it, and it shows, when I click on a track, that the item is not available, due to issues with the content. Or something along those lines. :(
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, you're right. It was "made dark" at Archive for some reason. We'll investigate!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Thanks for helping me with this. I tried to do it but everything seemed to hang up at IA.
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

This was partially fixed. But it looks like chapter 8, 16 and 17 are still having difficulty. And maybe that is what is preventing the whole book from being downloadable?