Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lauraallenby wrote: January 25th, 2024, 7:44 am
Lynnet wrote: January 17th, 2024, 10:31 am Chapter 8

Very nice reading. Just a couple of small edits needed:

~2:40 repeat"For the first time I was afraid of the dark"
~18:22-18:31 long pause. Please cut to no more than about 2-3 seconds.

Please reupload with the filename houseonthemarsh_08_warden_128kb.mp3
Thanks so much for the feedback. I have made these changes! I realise why there was such a long space. It was to do with the track being segmented in Audacity and after editing I hadn't realised the gap that it created!

Anyway my next problem is that for some reason it is now failing the checker after those edits? Ive put it through replay gain twice more and its coming out at 89.1 saying failed. Any tips? I keep playing around trying to figure it out.

Thanks for the extra extension on chapter 9! Working on this now!

Laura x
Thank you. 89.1 is perfect!
I’ll look into it and see why it is still failing.

Edit: did you correct the file name?
The old file name was wrong and would cause errors; if you changed it to the correct file name, it did not upload correctly. The error message is that it is not mp3.
lauraallenby

Post by lauraallenby »

Lynnet wrote: January 25th, 2024, 8:19 am

Thanks so much for the feedback. I have made these changes! I realise why there was such a long space. It was to do with the track being segmented in Audacity and after editing I hadn't realised the gap that it created!

Anyway my next problem is that for some reason it is now failing the checker after those edits? Ive put it through replay gain twice more and its coming out at 89.1 saying failed. Any tips? I keep playing around trying to figure it out.

Laura x

The old file name was wrong and would cause errors; if you changed it to the correct file name, it did not upload correctly. The error message is that it is not mp3.
Hi Lynnet,

sorry I hadnt uploaded it again! Here it is

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/houseonthemarsh_08_warden_128kb.mp3 24:55

Thanks for accepting it at 89.1!

If you figure out why Id appreciate any advice on how to change it. I suspect that I have volume inconsistencies throughout and that maybe why its struggling to neutralise the sound in the file? Is that possible?

Working on chapter 8 :)

Laura
lauraallenby

Post by lauraallenby »

I meant working on chapter 9! Sorry!
lauraallenby

Post by lauraallenby »

Lynnet wrote: January 25th, 2024, 8:19 am

Laura x

Oh Lynnet, I have just had a huge realisation! I have accidentally recorded chapter 13 instead of chapter 8! I had misread the roman numerals! I am SO SORRY! Well I can only choose to see this as a learning opportunity and a practise run! I feel very silly now. I dont want to hold up your project. I do however have extra free time over the next week to work on this and record and edit the correct chapters! I am going to start on the right chapter 8 now. Please let me know how you feel about this? If you prefer not to wait for me then I understand. I clearly need to learn my roman numerals!

Please let me know what you think. I am working on the correct chapter now.

Regards

Laura
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Not a problem… I’ve done the same thing myself. I should have picked it up when I PLd :oops:

As for the volume…. I’m not sure what you are worrying about. 89.1 is just about perfect! The goal is 89, but we accept 86-92!
lauraallenby

Post by lauraallenby »

Thanks for your understanding Lynnet! I didnt think I'd be the first to make that mistake. I have just recorded the correct chapter.

Oh I see so it was within the correct range. I am not sure why it said failed then? Ive just put through the unedited and its passed so shouldn't be a problem next time around. Will be back very soon with some files for you!

Laura
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lauraallenby wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:23 am Thanks for your understanding Lynnet! I didnt think I'd be the first to make that mistake. I have just recorded the correct chapter.

Oh I see so it was within the correct range. I am not sure why it said failed then? Ive just put through the unedited and its passed so shouldn't be a problem next time around. Will be back very soon with some files for you!

Laura
It didn't fail due to volume. It was the file name that was wrong. It's important to follow the correct protocol, which is always in the first post.
lauraallenby

Post by lauraallenby »

Lynnet wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:29 am
lauraallenby wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:23 am Thanks for your understanding Lynnet! I didnt think I'd be the first to make that mistake. I have just recorded the correct chapter.

Laura
It didn't fail due to volume. It was the file name that was wrong. It's important to follow the correct protocol, which is always in the first post.

Here is the correct chapter 8!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/houseonthemarsh_08_warden_128kb.mp3

Laura
lauraallenby

Post by lauraallenby »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/houseonthemarsh_08_warden_128kb.mp3 20:40

sorry I'd forgot to add the running time. added above
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lauraallenby wrote: January 29th, 2024, 10:26 am
Lynnet wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:29 am

Laura

Here is the correct chapter 8!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/houseonthemarsh_08_warden_128kb.mp3

Laura
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 8 PL OK
lauraallenby

Post by lauraallenby »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lauraallenby wrote: February 4th, 2024, 2:32 pm Chapter 9 complete!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/houseonthemarsh_09_warden_128kb.mp3 (20:31)

Laura
Thank you
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 9 PL OK
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

We have an orphan!