COMPLETE Sir Gibbie by George MacDonald-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Maggie,
I was able to get him into the system. I went ahead and assigned him to 20 and 21 and it looks like everything is working now.
MaryAnn
Thank you for taking care of that. I don't know why it wouldn't work for me. I copied/pasted his username but got the error notice that Librivox didn't have his email address and couldn't create it.

Anyways, here are the PL notes for Chapter 21-time length is 20:50.

The intro needs to read "Chapter 21 of Sir Gibbie. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org . Sir Gibbie, by George MacDonald. Chapter 21 The Punishment"

At 20:41 there is a stumble over "Chapter 21"
~Maggie

...striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman
Jeremybuttler

Post by Jeremybuttler »

got 1 minute mice check up. I have ch. 20 re-recorded with the right intro, but i'll wait and see if my mic checks out. I didn't notice the earlier reply, my bad should have looked from my post onward. Still I can only get better each time :).

Thanks for the help.
The one problem about problems is that there to easy to get addicted to solving. You come consumed by the process of solving and not on the problem and forgot the repercussions of solving them.
Jeremybuttler

Post by Jeremybuttler »

1 minute mike check is done and checked out :9:. heres ch. 20 of sir gibi is 15 minutes and 14 seconds long (15:14)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_20_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Hope it's all good

as for a name i really don't care.

Thanks
The one problem about problems is that there to easy to get addicted to solving. You come consumed by the process of solving and not on the problem and forgot the repercussions of solving them.
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Jeremybuttler wrote:1 minute mike check is done and checked out :9:. heres ch. 20 of sir gibi is 15 minutes and 14 seconds long (15:14)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_20_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Hope it's all good

as for a name i really don't care.

Thanks

Chapter 20 is now PL OK!
~Maggie

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Hi Maggie,
I am finally back after finishing recording my first solo (a kids' book - The Roosevelt Bears) and then being too weak to record at all for several weeks. So good to get back to a bit of Sir Gibbie!

Here is chapter 45, coming out at a time of 15:37.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_45_madconald_128kb.mp3

I look forward to tackling my other two chapters another day.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

HannahMary wrote:Hi Maggie,
I am finally back after finishing recording my first solo (a kids' book - The Roosevelt Bears) and then being too weak to record at all for several weeks. So good to get back to a bit of Sir Gibbie!

Here is chapter 45, coming out at a time of 15:37.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_45_madconald_128kb.mp3

I look forward to tackling my other two chapters another day.

:clap: Great job! I hope you are rested up now :) This is PL OK! :thumbs:
~Maggie

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Quick question, Maggie: I just finished recording section 62 (the end of the book). But afterwards I wondered... do you want the footnotes recorded too? If so, in the last file or a separate section?
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

HannahMary wrote:Quick question, Maggie: I just finished recording section 62 (the end of the book). But afterwards I wondered... do you want the footnotes recorded too? If so, in the last file or a separate section?
Here is section 62 for now! If you want me to add footnotes to this file, I can sure do that.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_62_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Time 14:20
~ Hannah
Jeremybuttler

Post by Jeremybuttler »

Here's ch. 21. The very last part were you say end of ch.21 I patched in so there's a shift in voice, but it's the best I'll get for a while. time 21 minutes 44 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_21_macdonald_128kb.mp3
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

HannahMary wrote:Section 61 ready for PL
Time 14:29
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_61_macdonald_128kb.mp3

PL OK! I had PLed this awhile ago but for some reason marked it ready for spot PL :hmm: This file is good to go!
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

Jeremybuttler wrote:Here's ch. 21. The very last part were you say end of ch.21 I patched in so there's a shift in voice, but it's the best I'll get for a while. time 21 minutes 44 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_21_macdonald_128kb.mp3

The beginning is still not corrected. There should be 0.5-1 second of silence at the beginning of the file. Then it should say Chapter 21 of Sir Gibbie. followed by the rest of the Librivox disclaimer. Right now is says "Sir Gibbie by George MacDonald" then the disclaimer.

We'll leave the ending as you have it.

Once we get the beginning straightened out, this file will be PL OK :)
~Maggie

maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

HannahMary wrote:
HannahMary wrote:Quick question, Maggie: I just finished recording section 62 (the end of the book). But afterwards I wondered... do you want the footnotes recorded too? If so, in the last file or a separate section?
Here is section 62 for now! If you want me to add footnotes to this file, I can sure do that.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sirgibbie_62_macdonald_128kb.mp3
Time 14:20

Sorry I wasn't able to get back with you before you did this file, but I think that it is perfect just as you have done it! I read the footnotes and don't feel they need to be added. This file is PL OK! Please feel free to do more chapters :D
~Maggie

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

maggietravers wrote:
Sorry I wasn't able to get back with you before you did this file, but I think that it is perfect just as you have done it! I read the footnotes and don't feel they need to be added. This file is PL OK! Please feel free to do more chapters :D
Thanks, Maggie!

I have actually started another George MacDonald as a solo now - one of the dreams I had in mind for a year or two before I signed up on LV. And that book doesn't have all the Broad Scotch dialogue that daunts me in many of the remaining chapters here! (Somehow I found the Scotch poetry easier to handle in the last chapters than the dialogue.)

Hopefully there are some Scotch readers on here, or some who have heard more of the actual accent, who can help finish this great book! Wish I could go hang out in Scotland for a while to pick it up myself... :lol:
~ Hannah
maggietravers

Post by maggietravers »

My stepdad of 25 years passed away at home Saturday night. It will be at least a week before I record anything. I will try to PL files at night when I'm home from helping my mom sort through his belongings. Thank you all for your patience.
~Maggie