COMPLETE[Historical Fiction] Held Fast For England, by G. A. Henty - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ashtonhoffman wrote: March 28th, 2023, 7:45 am here it is fixed and noise free :thumbs:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/heldfastforengland_preface_henty_128kb.mp3
Nicely done! Well edited, and now it's PL OK! :thumbs:

I've tweaked the filename (it now has '00' instead of 'preface'). That's something I should have caught before, but on the reader's side it's tough to know what to name a file that isn't a chapter, so doesn't actually have a chapter number! In case you do a preface for another project, the convention is that we name the file as if it were "chapter 0". :wink:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

redrun wrote: March 25th, 2023, 2:54 pm Chapter 15 may be just a little too long (depending how quickly it's read), so I'll work with the reader of that chapter to split it into "15a" and "15b" if necessary.
That will cause trouble in cataloging as 15a and 15b will not follow the two digit filename sequence and will not sort properly in the cataloging process. Best to separate it into two sections now if it is going to be too long.

Thanks, Todd
ashtonhoffman

Post by ashtonhoffman »

redrun wrote: March 28th, 2023, 8:04 am
ashtonhoffman wrote: March 28th, 2023, 7:45 am here it is fixed and noise free :thumbs:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/heldfastforengland_preface_henty_128kb.mp3
Nicely done! Well edited, and now it's PL OK! :thumbs:

I've tweaked the filename (it now has '00' instead of 'preface'). That's something I should have caught before, but on the reader's side it's tough to know what to name a file that isn't a chapter, so doesn't actually have a chapter number! In case you do a preface for another project, the convention is that we name the file as if it were "chapter 0". :wink:
that make sense
can i have chapter 3 :D
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ToddHW wrote: March 28th, 2023, 10:05 am
redrun wrote: March 25th, 2023, 2:54 pm Chapter 15 may be just a little too long (depending how quickly it's read), so I'll work with the reader of that chapter to split it into "15a" and "15b" if necessary.
That will cause trouble in cataloging as 15a and 15b will not follow the two digit filename sequence and will not sort properly in the cataloging process. Best to separate it into two sections now if it is going to be too long.

Thanks, Todd
Got it. I've split chapter 15 into two separate sections, and clarified that file names come from section number rather than chapter number in the first post.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ashtonhoffman wrote: March 28th, 2023, 11:00 am can i have chapter 3 :D
Yes! Assigned now. 8-)
ashtonhoffman

Post by ashtonhoffman »

redrun wrote: March 28th, 2023, 11:44 am
ashtonhoffman wrote: March 28th, 2023, 11:00 am can i have chapter 3 :D
Yes! Assigned now. 8-)
jimbofbs

Post by jimbofbs »

I'll read the 15 chapter sections if you please.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

jimbofbs wrote: March 29th, 2023, 6:45 pm I'll read the 15 chapter sections if you please.
Thank you! I've set the sections aside for you, but we'll need you to complete a 1-minute test to make sure your audio equipment is set up correctly. You can follow instructions here to post your test:
viewtopic.php?t=90874

Post back in this thread when you have a successful test, and let me know what name you'd like to use in our catalog. Most folks use their real name or their forum handle, but it can be anything within reason.
jimbofbs

Post by jimbofbs »

I have posted a test in the test forum
txphred

Post by txphred »

I enjoy Henty! I there's anything available after I finish what I'm reading now, I'd like to read some Henty.

Fred
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

txphred wrote: April 4th, 2023, 8:38 pm I enjoy Henty! I there's anything available after I finish what I'm reading now, I'd like to read some Henty.

Fred
I'll look forward to it! I know the feeling, I've got several long recordings on my plate right now, and a few dramatic roles I've been eyeing, and there just isn't time to record everything all at once! I suspect we'll have some chapters left for you, by the time you finish. :wink:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

jimbofbs wrote: March 30th, 2023, 8:44 am I have posted a test in the test forum
Good! Looks like there are a few technical tweaks needed, but please do post back when you've had the time to sort that out! sjmarky will be able to answer any questions you have on that process.

If you can get back to me with the name you'd like to use for your voice credit, I can get you added to the system so the sections will be properly assigned, while we wait on that test. Otherwise, in about a week, I'll open it up for claims again, but you'll be more than welcome to make a claim whenever you're back around.
ashtonhoffman

Post by ashtonhoffman »

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Alright! Queued for PL. :D
fliss7

Post by fliss7 »

CoudI claim Chapter 1 please?