[SOLO] Charles Finney Revivals of Religion - loa

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

I've changed the source to https://archive.org/details/lecturesonreviva00finn/page/n5/mode/2up (In the first post and the database).
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 6 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
justinvistine

Post by justinvistine »

silverquill wrote: March 29th, 2023, 10:16 pm Hi, Justine!
Is the friend you mentioned going to be your DPL?
That is certainly fine, but if you are otherwise looking for an experienced proof listener, I would be glad to serve as DPL for you.
Hello! I’m so sorry I haven’t been on lately. I had some major health concerns come up, but now I’m healthy again and ready to get started soon! My friend is no longer interested in proof listening, and I would love if you would be able to serve as DPL, that would be very helpful. I will aim to get a chapter uploaded every 1-2 weeks from this point forward. Thanks again!
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hi Justin,

I've added silverquill as DPL.

Please enter the titles in the MW.

Have fun. :)
Bernd

reader page of lorda

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

justinvistine wrote: May 8th, 2023, 12:31 am
silverquill wrote: March 29th, 2023, 10:16 pm Hi, Justine!
Is the friend you mentioned going to be your DPL?
That is certainly fine, but if you are otherwise looking for an experienced proof listener, I would be glad to serve as DPL for you.
Hello! I’m so sorry I haven’t been on lately. I had some major health concerns come up, but now I’m healthy again and ready to get started soon! My friend is no longer interested in proof listening, and I would love if you would be able to serve as DPL, that would be very helpful. I will aim to get a chapter uploaded every 1-2 weeks from this point forward. Thanks again!
Sorry to hear about the health issues, but glad you are better.
I was sidelined for a couple of weeks with some sort of respiratory ailment, apparently not serious, but very unusual for someone who just never takes off for illness.

Anyway, just to check back in to say I'm still willing and able to serve as a DPL for this project.
I am looking forward to listening to the important work. :)

~ Larry
justinvistine

Post by justinvistine »

Hello, I just wanted to give an update that I do plan on starting soon, though I haven’t yet. Sorry it’s been awhile!
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Thank you for the info. :wink:
Bernd

reader page of lorda

lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hi Justin,

is everything all right with you?
I haven't heard/read anything from you for a long time.
I hope you are well.

Kind regards, Bernd
Bernd

reader page of lorda

justinvistine

Post by justinvistine »

Hey I’m so sorry! Two weeks ago I finally went to record the first chapter but found that my recording equipment is broken. I should be getting some new stuff at the beginning of October though. I know it’s disappointing that I haven’t recorded anything yet, and I truly am committed to seeing the project through, but I had some serious health problems and also a baby this year. I should be able to really start though and be serious about it in October
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hi Justin,

congratulations on the baby. I hope your health is better and you are getting enough sleep. :wink:

Life has priority - if something comes up, it's not so tragic. 8-)

It would be nice if you would check in once a month in the thread, so that we know that everything is fine with you and that you are still interested in the project.

Greetings, Bernd
Bernd

reader page of lorda

justinvistine

Post by justinvistine »

Hello! I'm very sorry for my long absence. I forgot to check in once per month like you asked, but I was able to finally set up my equipment and figure it out today! I am hoping to record right now and hopefully edit and upload this weekend, and once it is set up properly, I should be able to get recordings out more frequently since it won't be so overwhelming thinking about trying to figure out levels and equipment. Thank you so much for sticking with me on this project! I really do want to do it
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Yep, getting things set up is half the battle. But, once you have the basics down, you get to relax and just concentrate on reading -- and editing, of course. :wink: I keep thinking I'll get good enough so that I don't have to edit so much, but it hasn't happened yet. :roll:

Looking forward to listening to the book!

~ Larry
justinvistine

Post by justinvistine »

Thank you so much!

I've finished the first recording! It's been almost a year since I completed my last project though. Could you please remind me how to upload the recording correctly, and how to edit the magic window? Thanks!
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

justinvistine wrote: December 1st, 2023, 8:59 pm Thank you so much!

I've finished the first recording! It's been almost a year since I completed my last project though. Could you please remind me how to upload the recording correctly, and how to edit the magic window? Thanks!
Hi justin,

for to upload your recording, you can get the information from the first post of the project thread. Look behind the outro and the filename definition there is a link to the uploader and the name of the MC you must select.

Here you can find instructions for to handle the MW - https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

Greetings, Bernd
Bernd

reader page of lorda

justinvistine

Post by justinvistine »

lorda wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 7:27 am
justinvistine wrote: December 1st, 2023, 8:59 pm Thank you so much!

Hi justin,

for to upload your recording, you can get the information from the first post of the project thread. Look behind the outro and the filename definition there is a link to the uploader and the name of the MC you must select.

Here you can find instructions for to handle the MW - https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

Greetings, Bernd
Good morning,

I tried clicking both the link to the uploader, and the BC admin link for the magic window, but in both cases, it tells me my login information is incorrect. However, I used the same login info to login to my account in general just before I went to both links.

Is there a separate password that people have to make to access these links? Should I just reset my password altogether? I double and triple checked that I was typing the password correctly. Is there some sort of restricted access to these links that I haven't been granted permission to use them?

I appreciate your help!
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

justinvistine wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:51 am
Good morning,

I tried clicking both the link to the uploader, and the BC admin link for the magic window, but in both cases, it tells me my login information is incorrect. However, I used the same login info to login to my account in general just before I went to both links.

Is there a separate password that people have to make to access these links? Should I just reset my password altogether? I double and triple checked that I was typing the password correctly. Is there some sort of restricted access to these links that I haven't been granted permission to use them?

I appreciate your help!
Hi, the project password is different from the forum system. Here you will find the info to login to the MW:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=DPLs:_How_to_Update_the_Magic_Window.
Bernd

reader page of lorda