[Complete] Shri Dnyaneshwar-A Sketch Of His Life And Teachings - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
czandra

Post by czandra »

I think so! Thank you both.

Czandra
Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Working on it
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Congratulations on your solo :clap: :clap: :clap:

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/shri-dnyaneshwar-a-sketch-of-his-life-and-teachings-by-anonymous/
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Czandra Ma'am,don't you think it would be more appropriate to write "Summary From Wikipedia." rather than "Summary By Czandra and AdhiraamBose."?
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

And,LynneT ma'am,may I ask you to delete this thread of mine(as the work has already been catalogued)?:-
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88784
czandra

Post by czandra »

AdhiraamBose wrote: June 14th, 2022, 10:43 am Czandra Ma'am,don't you think it would be more appropriate to write "Summary From Wikipedia." rather than "Summary By Czandra and AdhiraamBose."?
Yes, absolutely, Adhiraam, you are right. I had made that change in the original post on the launch pad, but forgot that might not transfer to this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is the text of the new description:

An overview of the life of Shri Dnyaneshwar and his devoted family. Dnyaneshwar was "a 13th-century Indian Marathi saint, poet, philosopher and yogi of the Nath Vaishnava tradition. In his short life of 21 years, he authored a commentary on the Bhagavad Gita, and Amrutanubhav, the oldest surviving literary works in the Marathi language..." (Wikipedia). He was also an inspirational speaker with many followers. - Summary by Czandra
czandra

Post by czandra »

AdhiraamBose wrote: June 14th, 2022, 10:57 am And,LynneT ma'am,may I ask you to delete this thread of mine(as the work has already been catalogued)?:-
Adhiraam, you can delete your own posts, by clicking the pencil to edit, or the X to delete.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

czandra wrote: June 14th, 2022, 11:20 am
AdhiraamBose wrote: June 14th, 2022, 10:43 am Czandra Ma'am,don't you think it would be more appropriate to write "Summary From Wikipedia." rather than "Summary By Czandra and AdhiraamBose."?
Yes, absolutely, Adhiraam, you are right. I had made that change in the original post on the launch pad, but forgot that might not transfer to this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is the text of the new description:

An overview of the life of Shri Dnyaneshwar and his devoted family. Dnyaneshwar was "a 13th-century Indian Marathi saint, poet, philosopher and yogi of the Nath Vaishnava tradition. In his short life of 21 years, he authored a commentary on the Bhagavad Gita, and Amrutanubhav, the oldest surviving literary works in the Marathi language..." (Wikipedia). He was also an inspirational speaker with many followers. - Summary by Czandra
We can’t use a summary from Wikipedia. It’s not PD.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Also, please add section titles… it’s causing problems as is. Failing all else, just label them 1, 2, 3, 4…
czandra

Post by czandra »

An overview of the life of Shri Dnyaneshwar and his devoted family. Dnyaneshwar was a 13th-century Indian poet and yogin. He commentated the Bhagavad Gita while in his teens, and wrote "the oldest surviving literary works in the Marathi language..." (Wikipedia). He was also an inspirational speaker with many followers. - Summary by Czandra

Above is the new summary. Surely there is nothing preventing us from quoting Wikipedia by name. Else my description would not be useable either, since not PD.

I will input section titles, though there are no divisions in the book.

Thanks for your help in standardizing this.

Cz
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

czandra wrote: June 14th, 2022, 3:05 pm An overview of the life of Shri Dnyaneshwar and his devoted family. Dnyaneshwar was a 13th-century Indian poet and yogin. He commentated the Bhagavad Gita while in his teens, and wrote "the oldest surviving literary works in the Marathi language..." (Wikipedia). He was also an inspirational speaker with many followers. - Summary by Czandra

Above is the new summary. Surely there is nothing preventing us from quoting Wikipedia by name. Else my description would not be useable either, since not PD.

I will input section titles, though there are no divisions in the book.

Thanks for your help in standardizing this.

Cz
Sorry, no Wikipedia at all. It’s considered unreliable since anyone (with the relevant password) can change it.
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

czandra wrote: June 14th, 2022, 11:22 am
AdhiraamBose wrote: June 14th, 2022, 10:57 am And,LynneT ma'am,may I ask you to delete this thread of mine(as the work has already been catalogued)?:-
Adhiraam, you can delete your own posts, by clicking the pencil to edit, or the X to delete.
But not when someone else has posted something in that thread.
czandra

Post by czandra »

I gather you would like me to delete any posts I made that mention your name? I can do that.

Cz
czandra

Post by czandra »

An overview of the life of Shri Dnyaneshwar and his devoted family. Dnyaneshwar was a 13th-century Indian poet and yogin. He commentated the Bhagavad Gita in a timeless manner while in his teens, and wrote an original book of verse. He was an inspirational speaker with many followers. - Summary by Czandra

Above is the new summary. Cz
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

czandra wrote: June 15th, 2022, 4:19 am An overview of the life of Shri Dnyaneshwar and his devoted family. Dnyaneshwar was a 13th-century Indian poet and yogin. He commentated the Bhagavad Gita in a timeless manner while in his teens, and wrote an original book of verse. He was an inspirational speaker with many followers. - Summary by Czandra

Above is the new summary. Cz
:thumbs: