COMPLETE The Broken Heart by John Ford - maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Cat,

Moving this to readers wanted.

If you want more visibility in your search for a DPL for parts, you might advertise on the L&E forum.

MaryAnn
catrose

Post by catrose »

One step ahead of you Maryann! :mrgreen:

And that you so much! You rock!!
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
catrose

Post by catrose »

Kristingj wrote:
catrose wrote:Any preference for male or female/size?

Because the *best* at getting revenge is Orgilus who, not giving anything away, gets some pretty nice and bloody revenge! Ithocles is also a nice fun horrible character, but doesn't take revenge. If you don't want male, Grausis is nice and bi*chy and moans a lot, Philema and Christalla are quite silly, Euphranea is the ingenue and Calantha is very much royalty!!
I was actually thinking about taking Origlus so I wouldn't mind him. Otherwise Euphranea sounds fun. I have no preference when it comes to sex or size (:P), so whichever one you think would suit me best:)
Orgilus it is! :D Thank you so much for taking a role
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Thank you for alerting me to this project! :)

I think I would like to read Bassanes. One minor correction though. The MW has his last scene as 5.2. He's actually in 5.3 as well.

Brad "Hamlet"
catrose

Post by catrose »

Ahh Brad, you rock!! I believe we had a lengthy Shakespearean discussion on the LV facebook page 8-) Unlike Shakespeare, I won't be having this play PLed as Word perfect because, quite frankly, Ford's rhythms and stresses aren't as sophisticated or important :P

Oh and that's for spotting that, I'll change the MW now!

Prepare to be mean and twisted, you brute :twisted:
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Oh, by the way, depending a little on when this is finished, I could help you edit. I have two massive edit projects, but they are both at least a year down the line, so...
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
catrose

Post by catrose »

Kristingj wrote:Oh, by the way, depending a little on when this is finished, I could help you edit. I have two massive edit projects, but they are both at least a year down the line, so...
That would be super duper amazing!! I promised that now E wasn't around, I'd start doing my own editing properly but oh well!! I'll talk to you about this closer to the completion and thank you so much!!! :9:
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

I'll take (gonna butcher her name) Cristalena (one of the maids of honor!).
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
catrose

Post by catrose »

Tortilla wrote:I'll take (gonna butcher her name) Cristalena (one of the maids of honor!).
Butcher away Mary!! :lol: I have a feeling we haven't yet actually worked together, so this will be fun to understand everyone's voices and styles!!! (well, we did on Cyrano and Thomas More, but those were all casts of 40+, whereas this is quite an intimate and crissy-crossy little play :) )
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

It will probably be a few days before I record my part. I have a cold and my voice has been hoarse for a few days now. I've even had to pause my solo Dickens project.

Brad
catrose

Post by catrose »

Take days, weeks, 2 months even :lol: I find that just as you get a new interesting character, your voice seems to wobble and your immune system starts to fail in a desperate attempt at fighting this new addiction to LV...
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I still owe some recordings to other play projects as well. My current solo recording is "The Pickwick Papers" and it's been a week since I did a chapter thanks to this cold.

Brad
jburlinson

Post by jburlinson »

Hi. Could I claim section 2 Ithocles ?

Thanks.
John Burlinson
catrose

Post by catrose »

jburlinson wrote:Hi. Could I claim section 2 Ithocles ?

Thanks.
That would be brilliant John! Thank you! :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

HI Cat,

I wanted to wait a bit longer with claiming, but since you're insisting (too much energy after all that time away, eh? :wink:)

What about Grausis, the keeper of people? I think I could do another one of my perfectly grouchy appearances... :mrgreen: Besides, I'm much too old for a maid of honour anyway.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com