COMPLETE: [DRAM.READ] DR Scenes and Stories, Vol 1 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Trotsa wrote:
ToddHW wrote: Looks right to me. But as narrator please remember to also read the intro and outro described in the first posting. (And give a voice credit for the cast list you will put at the beginning of the reading.)
Would you mind telling me what a voice credit is? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say for that. Otherwise most things are making sense! I'll be watching this closely to see who signs up for reading, I'm so curious who will help with this story! :D
The voice credit is the bit where you say "Narration read by [yourname]" and where the character voices say "Norah read by...".

If you look at the script I've made for Anne's Confession you'll see where I've done it and colour coded it for the readers. I also always put the intro and outro in the script itself - as a reader I find that easier than flipping back and forth between tabs to find the correct intro bits.

Also, can I claim Nora please? Good Aussie piece - nice to see!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Elizabby wrote:
Trotsa wrote:
ToddHW wrote: Looks right to me. But as narrator please remember to also read the intro and outro described in the first posting. (And give a voice credit for the cast list you will put at the beginning of the reading.)
Would you mind telling me what a voice credit is? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say for that. Otherwise most things are making sense! I'll be watching this closely to see who signs up for reading, I'm so curious who will help with this story! :D
The voice credit is the bit where you say "Narration read by [yourname]" and where the character voices say "Norah read by...".

If you look at the script I've made for Anne's Confession you'll see where I've done it and colour coded it for the readers. I also always put the intro and outro in the script itself - as a reader I find that easier than flipping back and forth between tabs to find the correct intro bits.

Also, can I claim Nora please? Good Aussie piece - nice to see!
Thanks for the help via your example! Good idea for new BCs to take a look and learn!

I have put you in for Nora.

Thanks, Todd
Trotsa

Post by Trotsa »

Thank you Elizabby! I did mine just like you did yours, so it should be right! :D I'm glad you chose Norah! Have fun!
Trotsa

[/size]I am an imperfect person loved by a PERFECT God.
abendlied

Post by abendlied »

ToddHW wrote:
Elizabby wrote:OK, here's the details for Scandal in Bohemia:

Scandal in Bohemia, from "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1661/1661-h/1661-h.htm
Scripts: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wj3jgMl5ZkgQyIGCaLxUi-KBsm_dLqHRQrfmOYQVKN8/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TOQF1qF3-4VFwI0LmXD1hs4ofGz46ckFY2f3YAZ4I90/edit

Author: Doyle died in 1930.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan_Doyle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Sherlock_Holmes (Originally Published 1891-1892)

Characters in order of size of part:
Dr John Watson (who is the Narrator)
Sherlock Holmes
Irene Adler
The King of Bohemia
Godfrey Norton
Bystander
Irene’s Maid
Note to potential readers - I will not be posting this unless there is an editor for this and Anne's Confession. Any volunteers?

Thanks, Todd
I'd be happy to edit "A Scandal in Bohemia" and to read for Irene Adler :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

abendlied wrote: I'd be happy to edit "A Scandal in Bohemia" and to read for Irene Adler :)
Great. And with that, Scandal in Bohemia is added to the MW!

Thanks, Todd
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Beth, do you want gender-specific casting for "A Scandal in Bohemia"? If not I would love to be Holmes.
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

May I read Dr Watson in Scandal in Bohemia and Mr Linton in Coming Home?

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Elizabby »

Hobbit wrote:Beth, do you want gender-specific casting for "A Scandal in Bohemia"? If not I would love to be Holmes.
I'm not looking for gender specific casting, no, but I was planning to read Sherlock Holmes myself. If you want to do an accent you can have the King of Bohemia? If not Godfrey Norton, Irene's maid and the Bystander are still open.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Algy Pug wrote:May I read Dr Watson in Scandal in Bohemia and Mr Linton in Coming Home?

Cheers
Thanks! You will see that there are separate sections in the MW for parts 1 and 2 of the story; expecting a separate file for each section to be submitted.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Elizabby wrote:I was planning to read Sherlock Holmes myself.
Thanks!

Todd
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hi, Todd :)
Beth said that you need an editor for some of the chapters. I'm happy to help.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
etel13

Post by etel13 »

Hello,

Could I have Irene's Maid, section 27, if is still available?

Thanks
Etel
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Piotrek81 wrote:Hi, Todd :)
Thanks for checking in! I think it is only the first chapter now - Anne's Confession. It is a nice short one!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

etel13 wrote:Hello,

Could I have Irene's Maid, section 27, if is still available?

Thanks
Etel
It is yours!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Piotrek81 wrote:Hi, Todd :)
Great! For Anne's Confession.

Thanks, Todd