[GAME]Shall We Rhyme?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Savvy0712 wrote:Bread oven

Cloven hoof
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
GardenerOfStars

Post by GardenerOfStars »

Proof listen
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. (Mark Twain)
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Decision making
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
Mike001

Post by Mike001 »

Breeze wrote:Decision making
Why not make this more difficult? And why not make it have to do with books, as this is Librivox.

How about: the first word should be an adjective, the second a character from literature; the adjective should, of course, be applicable to the chosen character?

Or not if that doesn't appeal. LOL

Here's one. Rhyme for "making" … try "snaking". Think of an insinuating character … Uriah Heep … no good, two words … Ah, Steerpike.

Snaking Steerpike
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Dirtbike races (only a half-rhyme, but what rhymes with "steerpike"?)
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
Mike001

Post by Mike001 »

Hobbit wrote:Dirtbike races (only a half-rhyme, but what rhymes with "steerpike"?)
Dirtbike's great. You could have, e.g., deerlike. (-like is good for adjectives, but in Englsh you can use nouns attributively, of course, so almost anything works.)

So with a literary character — one might have, say, Deerlike Florimel (because she's always running away):
[honey-flower ]. A damsel of great beauty, but so timid that she feared the “smallest monstrous mouse that creeps on floor,” and was abused by everyone. Her form was simulated by a witch out of wax, but the wax image melted, leaving nothing behind except the girdle that was round the waist. (Spenser: Faërie Queene, book iii. 4, 8; iv. 11, 12.)
http://www.infoplease.com/dictionary/brewers/florimel.html

But dirtbike rhymes.

I just thought it would make an interesting variant on the game, if anyone else wanted to follow suit. Or just a straight rhyme and no character if it doesn't appeal.

Dirtbike Races

Faces North
Slithy

Post by Slithy »

Mike001 wrote: Faces North
Fourth Night
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Quite exciting.
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
GardenerOfStars

Post by GardenerOfStars »

Hobbit wrote:Quite exciting.
Nonbiting Dracula
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. (Mark Twain)
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Spatula fight (spatula is not a very close rhyme with Dracula, but I'm tired... :roll: )
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Tight Belt
Slithy

Post by Slithy »

WoollyBee wrote:Tight Belt
Felt flurry
Savvy0712

Post by Savvy0712 »

Worry wart
Slithy

Post by Slithy »

Savvy0712 wrote:Worry wart
Fort Kirribilli
MariaS

Post by MariaS »

Hilly terrain
Maria S.
________
To reach something good it is very useful to have gone astray, and thus acquire experience. St Teresa of Avila