COMPLETE The Freedmen's Book by Lydia Maria Child - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:thumbs:

my cool shiny awesome new folder is going to get all crowded when i collect the files from all my ongoing projects out of the other folders :D

CK
ref

Post by ref »

ref

Post by ref »

ref

Post by ref »

Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

Section 0: PL OK!
Section 1: Two tiny slips, I don't know how picky you're being.
21:42 Said: that nature descends from the fairest race to the sootiest complexion. Should be: that nature descends from the fairest face to the sootiest complexion.
22:40 Said: I cannot but respect you and facilitate you. Should be: I cannot but respect you and felicitate you.
Section 2: PL OK!
Section 3: PL OK!
Section 4: PL OK!
Section 5: PL OK!

Lovely readings all.
If you'd prefer me to ignore minor mistakes like the ones pointed out above just say and I'll stop noting them.
So little space, so much to say.
ref

Post by ref »

No, not at all. Definitely tell me. I'll go back and fix those. Thanks for the close eye.
ref

Post by ref »

ref

Post by ref »

Skipping Sections 10, 11 and 12 for now. Will get back to them.

Section 13
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/freedmensbook_13_child.mp3
3:03

Section 14
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/freedmensbook_14_child.mp3
0:55
ref

Post by ref »

ref

Post by ref »

Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

Section 1: Now PL OK.
Section 6: PL OK.
Section 7: PL OK.
Section 8: PL OK.
Section 9: PL OK.

Great readings.

Have you started applying more noisecleaning to your recordings? Sections 0 – 5 had a very faint hum that I didn't mention because it wasn't at all distracting, but Sections 6 – 9 don't have it.

Section 13: PL OK.
Section 14: Your ID3 Tags are missing. I've made a note in the MW and it can probably be fixed during cataloguing, if you don't want to upload a new file. Otherwise PL OK.
Section 15: PL OK.
Section 16: PL OK.
Section 17: PL OK.
Section 18: The background noise in this recording seems higher than normal? It's not at a problematic level, I just wondered if you'd done something different. Otherwise PL OK.

More moving readings. This book is giving me an appreciation for my own freedom, which I had somewhat taken for granted.

However, sadly, I think I'm going to have to give up DPL responsibilities on this project. I have an exam coming up and I just don't have the time even though the sections are short. It's a fantastic project and I'm sure you'll find someone to replace me in no time.
So little space, so much to say.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Lucy_k_p wrote: Section 14: Your ID3 Tags are missing. I've made a note in the MW and it can probably be fixed during cataloguing, if you don't want to upload a new file. Otherwise PL OK.
please dont upload a new file, i can fix the tags easily during cataloging, so it is better to not waste space on the server :)

lucy, im sorry to hear you quit this project. i wish you the best of luck for your exam.

rhonda, you can advertise for a proof listener on the listeners wanted forum. the instructions are in the announcement post on that page. let me know if you need help with it or if you would like me to do it for you.

CK
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Good morning, Rhonda and CK!

I would be very happy to pick up as DPL for the remainder of this project. I have not started making any recordings yet, so would totally enjoy taking on some more proof listening. (I have been studying the life/works of Ralph Waldo Emerson lately, and Lydia Maria Child is mentioned occasionally from that time period--so I would be interested in "hearing" more from her.)

Ready to start unless you already have someone else in mind...just let me know. :D

Best,
Lucretia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

why excellent! i dont think rhonda even saw yet that her dpl had to check out, but im sure she will be mighty pleased to have a new one all lined up :D

ill wait for rhonda's ok on this before i sign you up.

CK