New [future] volunteer in central PA

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

greg_m wrote:Is there any sort of plug-in for Audacity that will give you a "loudness" evaluation, like MP3Gain does, without requiring a separate program? That might make this whole process easier to understand and simpler to implement.
You could try posting to the Adding Features to Audacity forum at the Audacity forums. A lot of people (especially Mac users, for whom there is nothing similar to MP3Gain for Windows) would thank them if they added this feature.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Samanem

Post by Samanem »

Samanem wrote:
greg_m wrote:Perhaps you should write to the author of MP3Gain (or Replay Gain) and beg them to produce a "display-only" plug-in for Audacity.
Hey, I think I'm going to try that!! :thumbs:
Update:
I did track down the writer of the original program, in a forum that he frequents, and sent a message appealing for help for Librivox to him, but haven't received an answer. He probably is beseiged by such requests.

Ruth's idea is probably a much more sensible idea (hers usually are), since it would probably be someone else that writes it if it ever gets written.

But it was a fun bit of huntsmanship tracking him down, anyway. 8-)

Dennis
"I ask to be allowed to have a lamp in the evening;
it is indeed wearisome sitting alone in the dark." ~ William Tyndale (1494-1536)
|