COMPLETE: Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen - AF/ll

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

how did i miss this?? annie, congrats what a great undertaking!
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Thanks, Hugh! I had a lot of fun reading it.
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
Xaphire

Post by Xaphire »

Hi Annie,

I just wanted to let you know how thoroughly I enjoyed your reading of Pride and Prejudice! I have been a fan of the book for a while now. I've read the book several times, then saw the BBC miniseries and after that I saw the movie.

To be honest, I had not thought I would enjoy listening to the audiobook version. I had never heard an audiobook before and I thought I would be too impatient to endure it. Normally a book of this size only takes me about two hours to read, not thirteen :D However, after the first few chapters I really got into it. I took my MP3-player everywhere and listened to you while commuting to work, trying to relax at night before going to sleep and even in the tub!

I never realized how much detail I was missing by reading as quickly as I normally do. By listening to it 'real time' I got sucked into the story even more than I was when watching the BBC series.

Thanks for a job well done!
Xaphire, the Netherlands
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Xaphire,

Thanks so much for your kind words! I know what you mean about how listening makes you may more attention. You can't skim when you're listening, or reading aloud for that matter! I find I get a lot more out of books by reading them aloud. I'm so glad you enjoyed listening to my reading. Thanks for taking the time to post and let me know you did. :)
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman