[COOKING] Modern Domestic Cookery by WA Henderson - tg

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Done!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

TriciaG wrote: May 15th, 2024, 7:20 amDone!
Thank you!
mtweston

Post by mtweston »

Hello. Is the Part # the same as the Section Title. For example, I am reading Section 29 which is Chapter XIII (13) so would I start the intro by saying its "Part 29" and end the into with saying "Section 29"? Thanks.
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

mtweston wrote: May 20th, 2024, 9:17 am Hello. Is the Part # the same as the Section Title. For example, I am reading Section 29 which is Chapter XIII (13) so would I start the intro by saying its "Part 29" and end the into with saying "Section 29"? Thanks.
You would say:

Part 29 of Modern Domestic Cookery. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org. [Optional: "Read by your name."] Modern Domestic Cookery, by William Augustus Henderson. Chapter XIII: Vegetables and Roots.

And for the outro:

End of part 29. [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]

Hope that clears it up, I'm just calling the sections 'parts' instead of sections or chapters because the book uses section itself in the headings but it is still called what it says in the MW for the name
mtweston

Post by mtweston »

Got it. Thanks!
mtweston

Post by mtweston »

Part 29 is uploaded at 9 min 34 seconds.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/moderndomesticcookery_29_henderson_128kb.mp3

Hope this works. Thanks!
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

mtweston wrote: May 21st, 2024, 11:01 am Part 29 is uploaded at 9 min 34 seconds.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/moderndomesticcookery_29_henderson_128kb.mp3

Hope this works. Thanks!
Thank you for our first submitted part! I have put it in for PL :thumbs:
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

Hello, may I please read these, or is this too many for one claim? none of them are that long

32 Chapter XV: Pies, Section I: Meat Pies
33 Chapter XV: Pies, Section II: Pies made of Poultry, etc
35 Chapter XV: Pies, Section IV: Fish Pies

50 Chapter XXII: Collaring
51 Chapter XXIII: Potting, Section I: Meat and Poultry
52 Chapter XXIII: Potting, Section II: Fish

55 Chapter XXVI: Possets, Gruels, etc.
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

AgnesRobert wrote: May 21st, 2024, 8:51 pm Hello, may I please read these, or is this too many for one claim? none of them are that long

32 Chapter XV: Pies, Section I: Meat Pies
33 Chapter XV: Pies, Section II: Pies made of Poultry, etc
35 Chapter XV: Pies, Section IV: Fish Pies

50 Chapter XXII: Collaring
51 Chapter XXIII: Potting, Section I: Meat and Poultry
52 Chapter XXIII: Potting, Section II: Fish

55 Chapter XXVI: Possets, Gruels, etc.
No that's fine, Agnes, there's no limit as long as you think you can complete them all within the two month deadline, you can also always ask for an extension if you need it or claim more sections at a later time.

I have put you in for them all, thank you and happy reading :thumbs:
SimplySilasE

Post by SimplySilasE »

Section 36, please!
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

SimplySilasE wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 1:02 pm Section 36, please!
Hi, welcome to Librivox! :clap:

Looks like your one-minute test is approved so well done, you're ready to go but as this is your first claim before I can officially assign this to you I need to add you to the catalogue, so what would you like your catalogue name to be? This can be the same as your username or your real name or whatever you want, it's whatever you intend to say when you credit yourself in recordings
SimplySilasE

Post by SimplySilasE »

Thank you! I would like my catalogue name to be Silas Jackson, please. It's what I'll be using when I credit myself in recordings. :D
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

SimplySilasE wrote: May 22nd, 2024, 2:34 pm Thank you! I would like my catalogue name to be Silas Jackson, please. It's what I'll be using when I credit myself in recordings. :D
Great! I have added you, you can see 36 is now officially assigned to you in the MW (Magic Window) and if you click on your name there it'll take you to your catalogue page. You have two months to complete your recording, if you need longer remember you can always for an extension and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Otherwise, good luck and have fun :thumbs:
SimplySilasE

Post by SimplySilasE »

Part 36 recorded! Total length 13:41

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/moderndomesticcookery_36_henderson_128kb.mp3

There is a part in the second Strawberry Fritters recipe with a wrong word typo, but from what I researched on the forums, we aren't supposed to ever correct or edit what's written, so I read it with the wrong word. I hope that's what I was supposed to do :?
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

SimplySilasE wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 8:47 am Part 36 recorded! Total length 13:41

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/moderndomesticcookery_36_henderson_128kb.mp3

There is a part in the second Strawberry Fritters recipe with a wrong word typo, but from what I researched on the forums, we aren't supposed to ever correct or edit what's written, so I read it with the wrong word. I hope that's what I was supposed to do :?
Thank you! I have put this in for PL (prooflistening) :thumbs: our DPL (dedicated proof-listener) should check it for you in the near future so keep an eye on the thread, they will let you know if you need to do any corrections or if it is PL OK

I actually think obvious typos is one of the few times we are allowed to correct the text, under standard PL there also is usually a little leeway for minor changes as long as they don't change the meaning of the text (though you shouldn't intentionally change it, it's more if you accidentally say something wrong) though this is Word Perfect, I figure it should be accurate in case anyone ever tries to do these recipes