EDITING [DR][Hardy Boys #3] The Secret of the Old Mill - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Priamedes wrote: December 17th, 2023, 8:34 pm eh i'll go ahead and take him
Well, so long as you're sure. :wink:

I don't have any special requirements for noise reduction or processing, just do what you normally do. On a large role like this, having a consistent 3+ seconds of silence will save me a lot of time in editing, so please do be careful on that front.

I've assigned you the role of Joe, and opened your other two back up for claims. You made a very nice stranger, but strangely we'll need another. :lol:
BlueStar

Post by BlueStar »

Hi! I just want to check in and say that I'm still planning on recording the rest of Chet's lines. I just haven't managed to fit it in with all the holiday prep. As soon as the month is over everything should be back to normal though and I'll get right to it!

Sorry to be taking so long,
BlueStar
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

BlueStar wrote: December 20th, 2023, 10:48 pm Hi! I just want to check in and say that I'm still planning on recording the rest of Chet's lines. I just haven't managed to fit it in with all the holiday prep. As soon as the month is over everything should be back to normal though and I'll get right to it!

Sorry to be taking so long,
BlueStar
Not a problem, I have you down until the 13th of January. If you think you might need a little extra time to complete, all you have to do is say so. :thumbs:
HelenColeAuthor

Post by HelenColeAuthor »

redrun wrote: October 21st, 2023, 7:45 am
HelenColeAuthor wrote: October 21st, 2023, 7:29 am May I please claim the role of cashier?
Yes, and thank you for joining!
The part is assigned now, and I'll move it down the MW when back to my PC. :thumbs:
Here are my files for cashier. Please don't hesitate to let me know if they need any correction. I had to upload chapter 1 twice because I realized I hadn't left enough silent space in between lines. So the file with 839.32 KB is the correct one.

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/secretoftheoldmill_01_cashier.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/secretoftheoldmill_25_cashier.mp3

Thanks!

Helen
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you, especially for taking the extra trouble with those silences. :wink:
Queued for PL, and I'll make sure I've got the right version!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

HelenColeAuthor wrote: December 21st, 2023, 11:18 am Here are my files for cashier. Please don't hesitate to let me know if they need any correction. I had to upload chapter 1 twice because I realized I hadn't left enough silent space in between lines. So the file with 839.32 KB is the correct one.
Got it! Thank you very much for joining as our savvy cashier! All lines are PL OK! :thumbs:
Doug42

Post by Doug42 »

Merry Christmas -
I'd like to pick up a number of the remaining "bit parts" - they are so short, it shouldn't take long to do them all, and I should be able to manage different 'voices' across this group:

(1) Stranger [ Chapter1 ]
(2) Allen 'Biff' Hooper [ Chapters 3, 5, 6, 15 ]
(3) Detective Oscar Smuff [ Chapter 19 ]
(4) State Trouper [ Chapter 24 ]

Thanks!
** Doug
*** Doug F.
"The glass isn't half full, its about to overflow - get me another glass!"
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Doug42 wrote: December 24th, 2023, 12:00 pm Merry Christmas -
I'd like to pick up a number of the remaining "bit parts" - they are so short, it shouldn't take long to do them all, and I should be able to manage different 'voices' across this group:

(1) Stranger [ Chapter1 ]
(2) Allen 'Biff' Hooper [ Chapters 3, 5, 6, 15 ]
(3) Detective Oscar Smuff [ Chapter 19 ]
(4) State Trouper [ Chapter 24 ]

Thanks!
** Doug
Thank you, Doug, your help is most appreciated! I've assigned the parts to you, and I'll get them all re-ordered in the MW at a later time. :thumbs:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

A quick turnaround indeed, Doug!
I'll have the MW up to date tomorrow, and get back to you with any notes in the next few days!
DullBoi

Post by DullBoi »

Hi there! I am (very) new to the forum, and just stumbled across this. I am interested in taking on the roles of Phil and/or the Secret Service Agent if those are indeed open. Please let me know if that works. No lie, this book was perhaps my favorite Hardy Boys book growing up, such a classic.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

DullBoi wrote: December 28th, 2023, 2:31 pm Hi there! I am (very) new to the forum, and just stumbled across this. I am interested in taking on the roles of Phil and/or the Secret Service Agent if those are indeed open. Please let me know if that works. No lie, this book was perhaps my favorite Hardy Boys book growing up, such a classic.
It was one of my favorites, too! :) Welcome to LibriVox!

(I'm not a worker on this project, but your post came up on my projects feed since I've contributed to this book, and I love saying "welcome") :)
~Lynette * - no computer access until Friday or Saturday
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

DullBoi wrote: December 28th, 2023, 2:31 pm Hi there! I am (very) new to the forum, and just stumbled across this. I am interested in taking on the roles of Phil and/or the Secret Service Agent if those are indeed open. Please let me know if that works. No lie, this book was perhaps my favorite Hardy Boys book growing up, such a classic.
Yes, welcome to LibriVox, and those roles were indeed open! I've reserved them both for you, until we have you in the system.

Your next step will be to post a "1-minute test" over in the dedicated forum. It's not an audition, just a review of your technical setup to make sure your recordings will be usable for LV.

When someone there gives you the OK, please post back here to let me know. That way, I can get you added to the catalog system as a reader. :D
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Doug42 wrote: December 26th, 2023, 11:27 am Here are the 'Bit Parts' ready for PL - they didn't take long :-}
Thanks again, Doug! Excellent job on those bit parts, and I like the voice you gave to Biff in particular. :thumbs:

I only have one change to request: I forgot to include an intro line in the script for Smuff.
Could I have you read that voice line as "Detective Oscar Smuff, read by <your name>"?
Doug42

Post by Doug42 »

redrun wrote: December 29th, 2023, 5:02 pm
Doug42 wrote: December 26th, 2023, 11:27 am Here are the 'Bit Parts' ready for PL - they didn't take long :-}
Thanks again, Doug! Excellent job on those bit parts, and I like the voice you gave to Biff in particular. :thumbs:

I only have one change to request: I forgot to include an intro line in the script for Smuff.
Could I have you read that voice line as "Detective Oscar Smuff, read by <your name>"?
No problem - here is the update file https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/secretoftheoldmill_15_biff.mp3 Its 25 secs long.
*** Doug
*** Doug F.
"The glass isn't half full, its about to overflow - get me another glass!"