[FICTION] The Dark Star by Robert W. Chambers -jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
AWilliams

Post by AWilliams »

Hello, all!

Thank you for your patience with my submission. Here is the link generated for the upload:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_05_chambers_128kb.mp3

Length is 23:36.

I will stand by for PL notes!

V/r,

A. Williams
A. Williams
Fadhil

Post by Fadhil »

May I claim chapter 29 ?
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you, A. Williams! I didn't have a chance to PL chapter 5 today, but I hope to by tomorrow, Saturday at the latest.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Fadhil wrote: June 8th, 2023, 4:50 pm May I claim chapter 29 ?
Chapter 29 is all yours - thank you for claiming! Before you start recording, I'd recommend completing a 1-minute test first. It's not an audition, and it's not required, but it's a way of checking your recording software settings and making sure that there aren't any sound problems. If you have questions about anything, I'll be happy to help!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

AWilliams wrote: June 8th, 2023, 11:34 am Hello, all!

Thank you for your patience with my submission. Here is the link generated for the upload:

V/r,

A. Williams
Thanks again for this chapter - nicely done! I have just a few notes:

- At 17:50, "always wary and reticent by nature," I hear "always warry and reticent by nature"
- I'm seeing in Checker that the sampling rate is 48 kHz but should be 44.1 kHz. If you go to your Audacity settings and change the default sample rate under the Quality tab per these instructions, then import the file and export it again, that should fix it! Let me know if you have any questions.

Sarah
LuckyTrefle

Post by LuckyTrefle »

It's been a bit, so just checking in - Chapter 20 has been recorded, I just have to finish editing and it'll be up for a PL hopefully later this week/weekend. :thumbs:
stormyweather

Post by stormyweather »

Scarbo wrote: April 28th, 2023, 2:12 am
stormyweather wrote: April 27th, 2023, 6:39 pm Hi, may I read chapter 16?
Certainly! Thank you for claiming!
Running a bit behind where I want to be, but still in progress!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

LuckyTrefle wrote: June 18th, 2023, 5:47 pm It's been a bit, so just checking in - Chapter 20 has been recorded, I just have to finish editing and it'll be up for a PL hopefully later this week/weekend. :thumbs:
Thanks for the update! You're well within the two-month timeframe, so no rush. :)

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

stormyweather wrote: June 18th, 2023, 7:46 pm Running a bit behind where I want to be, but still in progress!
Thanks for the update! And no worries - you're still within the two-month timeframe. :)

Sarah
AWilliams

Post by AWilliams »

Scarbo wrote: June 9th, 2023, 4:39 pm
AWilliams wrote: June 8th, 2023, 11:34 am Hello, all!

V/r,

A. Williams
Thanks again for this chapter - nicely done! I have just a few notes:

- At 17:50, "always wary and reticent by nature," I hear "always warry and reticent by nature"
- I'm seeing in Checker that the sampling rate is 48 kHz but should be 44.1 kHz. If you go to your Audacity settings and change the default sample rate under the Quality tab per these instructions, then import the file and export it again, that should fix it! Let me know if you have any questions.
Attempt 2! I have updated the quoted portion (warry to wear-y) and adjusted the settings to import/export.
New link: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_05_chambers_128kb.mp3
New time: 23:37

The uploader gave me an error the first time I tried to upload, but the second one went through. Let me know if you have any difficulty.

V/r,

A. Williams
A. Williams
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

AWilliams wrote: June 20th, 2023, 11:38 pm Attempt 2! I have updated the quoted portion (warry to wear-y) and adjusted the settings to import/export.
New link: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_05_chambers_128kb.mp3
New time: 23:37

The uploader gave me an error the first time I tried to upload, but the second one went through. Let me know if you have any difficulty.

V/r,

A. Williams
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
stormyweather

Post by stormyweather »

Chapter 16 is done.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_16_chambers_128kb.mp3

That was a fun one, though I'm not sure I ever want to say the word Scheherazade ever again!

I can pick up another chapter, including 24 with its ethnic slurs.

Thank you!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

stormyweather wrote: June 25th, 2023, 1:40 pm Chapter 16 is done.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_16_chambers_128kb.mp3

That was a fun one, though I'm not sure I ever want to say the word Scheherazade ever again!

I can pick up another chapter, including 24 with its ethnic slurs.

Thank you!
Thank you for chapter 16! It's nicely done, and I enjoyed your expressiveness of Neeland's mirth. I have just one note: at 21:20, "and her eyes brilliant with starting tears," you say "and her eyes brilliant with tears."

Chapter 24 is all yours - thank you for claiming! If I remember correctly, this one should probably give you a little break from "Scheherazade." :lol:

Sarah
stormyweather

Post by stormyweather »

Scarbo wrote: June 25th, 2023, 2:54 pm
Thank you for chapter 16! It's nicely done, and I enjoyed your expressiveness of Neeland's mirth. I have just one note: at 21:20, "and her eyes brilliant with starting tears," you say "and her eyes brilliant with tears."

Chapter 24 is all yours - thank you for claiming! If I remember correctly, this one should probably give you a little break from "Scheherazade." :lol:
[/quote]

I'll get that fixed tomorrow night if work isn't too crazy.
stormyweather

Post by stormyweather »

stormyweather wrote: June 25th, 2023, 5:25 pm
Scarbo wrote: June 25th, 2023, 2:54 pm

I'll get that fixed tomorrow night if work isn't too crazy.
[/quote]

Updated Chapter 16 https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_16_chambers_128kb.mp3

Back soon with 24!