COMPLETE[PLAY]It Pays To Advertise by Megrue & Hackett - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: September 30th, 2021, 11:21 pm
GregGiordano wrote: September 30th, 2021, 9:34 pmI just happened to glance at my list of active projects and notice that Sections 1, 2 3 & 4 have been moved back to Spot PL from PL. I looked at the referenced notes but can't tell whether or not they apply to any of my lines. I would appreciate clarification so I may know if I have to do something or not.
I can answer this. The PL notes on sections 1-4 refer now to the the finished acts. Since you have been entered as a reader in those sections as well (see MW), you get the alert as well. In fact ALL the readers have been alerted for PL notes, but they were only meant for the editor.

I'm setting the status to PL ok now, so your warning must be gone then. :)

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia. In all the years I've been a part of LV I have not noticed this phenomena. I see certain sections move around as a play is constructed, a feat for which Todd, you and other MCs who do this work deserve great thanks!

I was just concerned that I was somehow unknowingly holding up the completion of the project. Thank you for explaining!

Greg
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cataloging now.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

GregGiordano wrote: October 1st, 2021, 12:22 am
Kitty wrote: September 30th, 2021, 11:21 pm
GregGiordano wrote: September 30th, 2021, 9:34 pmI just happened to glance at my list of active projects and notice that Sections 1, 2 3 & 4 have been moved back to Spot PL from PL. I looked at the referenced notes but can't tell whether or not they apply to any of my lines. I would appreciate clarification so I may know if I have to do something or not.
I can answer this. The PL notes on sections 1-4 refer now to the the finished acts. Since you have been entered as a reader in those sections as well (see MW), you get the alert as well. In fact ALL the readers have been alerted for PL notes, but they were only meant for the editor.

I'm setting the status to PL ok now, so your warning must be gone then. :)

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia. In all the years I've been a part of LV I have not noticed this phenomena. I see certain sections move around as a play is constructed, a feat for which Todd, you and other MCs who do this work deserve great thanks!

I was just concerned that I was somehow unknowingly holding up the completion of the project. Thank you for explaining!

Greg
We don't enter the names of all the readers into the MW Act sections until the last step when the Acts are complete and in final PL. (For example, in Freaks, it has not been done yet becuz I am still editing.)

Hopefully that Final PL does not take too long to complete and many readers may not even notice that their status briefly changed.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files can be found on the catalog page at: https://librivox.org/it-pays-to-advertise-by-roi-cooper-megrue/

Thanks to all you readers, to Kitty for her DPL, and especially to wib66 for jumping in in Chris's absence to edit everything together.

Todd