COMPLETE[PLAY]It Pays To Advertise by Megrue & Hackett - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

another great act with a wonderful finale :clap: expertly edited together as well. You make my job quite easy here, Michele.

Only 3 small bits left to edit:

> the volume is approaching 94 dB in this act as well, so also here, best to decrease it by -4
> at 27:12: (p. 101) "Peale. The telephone rings" – you can cut out this first "Peale", as he is mentioned later on again
> at 35:53: (p. 106) "Have a chair" – this is said by Rodney and Mary, you forgot to merge Rodney's voice into the mix

thanks !

Only thing left to PL is Act 1 Part 2. Will do that after it's merged, so I can Spot check the corrections at the same time.

Sonia
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I will carry out the edits tonight
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Okay so I hope I have this right.
I have now split act 1 in the places you advised.

Act 1 Part 1
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_01_megrue_128kb.mp3
39:46

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_02_megrue_128kb.mp3
49:56

Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, most of the edits were excellently done. Still...a few more things before this is done and dusted:

> at 14:09: (p. 11) "you talk just like the heroine" – I still don't hear "you", maybe my ears are tricking me :hmm:

> at 16:22: (p. 12) sorry that I was imprecise, :( I didn't mean for you to cut the entire sentence. I think it would be better to keep your narrative part "and says", then insert Todd's "Ouch" and then again your part "in a loud voice", to explain what's going on.

> from 39:40 to 1:08:09: this part can get cut (from: "Johnson enters from door upper left") as you will have put it into Act 1 Part 2

And now on to Act 1 Part 2, looking forward to this one :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

another wonderful act :lol: so funny. I think it must have been a riot to see on stage back in the days.

Your editing was perfect, but I still would like to add one thing:

> at 32:53: (p. 41) "with a cry of protest Faites pas ça she stops him: ok I see I forgot this line, :oops: I think I'd like to read it myself, to stay consistent, since we inserted the other voices into the stage directions as well. I will record it this evening for you

> at the end: you say "End of Act 1", instead of "End of Act 1 Part 2". I guess this is optional, since Act 1 is finished by that time. I think Todd always includes the Part number as well in the end, if I recall correctly (Todd ?) that's why I mentioned it.

The rest is perfect.

Thank you

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

> at the end: you say "End of Act 1", instead of "End of Act 1 Part 2". I guess this is optional, since Act 1 is finished by that time. I think Todd always includes the Part number as well in the end, if I recall correctly (Todd ?) that's why I mentioned it.
I think the "End of Part 1" is fine at the end of the last part of Act 1. (I can't remember what I "normally" do....)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kitty wrote: September 30th, 2021, 12:27 am > at 32:53: (p. 41) "with a cry of protest Faites pas ça she stops him: ok I see I forgot this line, :oops: I think I'd like to read it myself, to stay consistent, since we inserted the other voices into the stage directions as well. I will record it this evening for you
here is the missing line, ready for insertion :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_countess_added_line.mp3

And I believe with that we can wrap up soon.

Sonia
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ToddHW wrote: September 30th, 2021, 5:44 am
I think the "End of Part 1" is fine at the end of the last part of Act 1. (I can't remember what I "normally" do....)

Thanks, Todd
I do usually just say end of act 1 but if you wish me to change it I will do please let me know
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kitty wrote: September 29th, 2021, 11:53 pm
thank you, most of the edits were excellently done. Still...a few more things before this is done and dusted:

> at 14:09: (p. 11) "you talk just like the heroine" – I still don't hear "you", maybe my ears are tricking me :hmm: This is how it is in the original file

> at 16:22: (p. 12) sorry that I was imprecise, :( I didn't mean for you to cut the entire sentence. I think it would be better to keep your narrative part "and says", then insert Todd's "Ouch" and then again your part "in a loud voice", to explain what's going on.

> from 39:40 to 1:08:09: this part can get cut (from: "Johnson enters from door upper left") as you will have put it into Act 1 Part 2 this is not in the file just wondering if you are listening to the original file as this one is only 39:52 long

And now on to Act 1 Part 2, looking forward to this one :)

Sonia
39:52
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/itpaystoadvertise_01_megrue_128kb.mp3
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Todd,

I just happened to glance at my list of active projects and notice that Sections 1, 2 3 & 4 have been moved back to Spot PL from PL. I looked at the referenced notes but can't tell whether or not they apply to any of my lines. I would appreciate clarification so I may know if I have to do something or not.

Thanks!

Greg
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wib66 wrote: September 30th, 2021, 11:00 am> from 39:40 to 1:08:09: this part can get cut (from: "Johnson enters from door upper left") as you will have put it into Act 1 Part 2 this is not in the file just wondering if you are listening to the original file as this one is only 39:52 long
no because the other edits have been made, so it must have been an updated file. I thought maybe you forgot to cut before you uploaded.

Anyway...the new file now is cropped and all is well. I still don't hear the "you", I suspect it's a bit low on volume for my ears to hear, but this is ok, it will not distract from the listening enjoyment.

All acts perfectly patched and PL ok now. This is a wrap. :clap: Thank you for all the wonderful readers and Michele for the excellent editing. It was a pleasure to listen to it all.

Todd: over to you. Just for info: RobMarland and catharmaiden are not part of Act 1 Part 1, in case you still want to change that in the MW. They only appear later in Act 2 Part 2.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GregGiordano wrote: September 30th, 2021, 9:34 pmI just happened to glance at my list of active projects and notice that Sections 1, 2 3 & 4 have been moved back to Spot PL from PL. I looked at the referenced notes but can't tell whether or not they apply to any of my lines. I would appreciate clarification so I may know if I have to do something or not.
I can answer this. The PL notes on sections 1-4 refer now to the the finished acts. Since you have been entered as a reader in those sections as well (see MW), you get the alert as well. In fact ALL the readers have been alerted for PL notes, but they were only meant for the editor.

I'm setting the status to PL ok now, so your warning must be gone then. :)

Sonia