[Complete] A House Divided Against Itself by Margaret Oliphant - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you
I will be gone until approximately June 3 and will catch up on cataloguing and PLing on my return.
In case of emergency, please contact any other MC.

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
~A friend of Marie-Antoinette
katbrat

Post by katbrat »

Kat
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you
I will be gone until approximately June 3 and will catch up on cataloguing and PLing on my return.

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
katbrat

Post by katbrat »

I have a question. Chapter 33 has a lot of info in the header as it is the start of Vol. 3. Should I include all of it, as well as what we normally start out with, or should I scale it back a bit? There's a lot of repetition. Chapter 33 is mentioned three times and the title of the book is mentioned four times. Here's what it looks like all together:

Chapter 33 of A House Divided Against Itself. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org.

A House Divided Against Itself, by Margaret O. Oliphant.
Chapter 33

A HOUSE
DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF
BY MRS OLIPHANT
IN THREE VOLUMES
VOL. III.

WILLIAM BLACKWOOD AND SONS
EDINBURGH AND LONDON
MDCCCLXXXVI {which is the year 1886}

A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF.
CHAPTER XXXIII.
Kat
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

katbrat wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 7:32 am I have a question. Chapter 33 has a lot of info in the header as it is the start of Vol. 3. Should I include all of it, as well as what we normally start out with, or should I scale it back a bit? There's a lot of repetition. Chapter 33 is mentioned three times and the title of the book is mentioned four times. Here's what it looks like all together:

Chapter 33 of A House Divided Against Itself. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org.

Chapter 33

A HOUSE
DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF
BY MRS OLIPHANT
IN THREE VOLUMES
VOL. III.

EDINBURGH AND LONDON

CHAPTER XXXIII.
I will defer to Tom, as he knows what we did with Volume 2... but my understanding is that we just ignore all that and have

"Chapter 33 of A House Divided Against Itself. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"A House Divided Against Itself, by Margaret O. Oliphant. Chapter 33"

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
katbrat

Post by katbrat »

Lynnet wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 8:31 am

I will defer to Tom, as he knows what we did with Volume 2... but my understanding is that we just ignore all that and have

"Chapter 33 of A House Divided Against Itself. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
OK, thank you! :)
Kat
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

njgorgen wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 1:02 pm Here is Chapter 27 - 21m01s Nancy

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/housedivided_27_oliphant_128kb.mp3
Thank you

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
katbrat

Post by katbrat »

Kat
katbrat

Post by katbrat »

May I have chapters 35, 36, 37, 38, and 39 please? Have I been taking too many?
Kat
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

katbrat wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 2:39 pm May I have chapters 35, 36, 37, 38, and 39 please? Have I been taking too many?
Of course you can. It might have been too many had you claimed them all at once, but a few at a time is fine :thumbs: as you are submitting files steadily. We don’t like it when a reader claims 50 sections then disappears for 6 months :evil:

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
katbrat

Post by katbrat »

Lynnet wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 2:44 pm
katbrat wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 2:39 pm May I have chapters 35, 36, 37, 38, and 39 please? Have I been taking too many?
Of course you can. It might have been too many had you claimed them all at once, but a few at a time is fine :thumbs: as you are submitting files steadily. We don’t like it when a reader claims 50 sections then disappears for 6 months :evil:
Oh good! This is a fun book to read. It can be challenging for me because of some of the very lengthy sentences, I lose track of what the heck she's saying! :lol: But I'm enjoying it very much!
Kat
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Lynnet wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 8:31 am
katbrat wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 7:32 am I have a question. Chapter 33 has a lot of info in the header as it is the start of Vol. 3. Should I include all of it, as well as what we normally start out with, or should I scale it back a bit? There's a lot of repetition. Chapter 33 is mentioned three times and the title of the book is mentioned four times. Here's what it looks like all together:

Chapter 33

A HOUSE
DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF
BY MRS OLIPHANT
IN THREE VOLUMES
VOL. III.

EDINBURGH AND LONDON

CHAPTER XXXIII.

Say:
I agree with Lynne's version. It looks like this was originally published as three volumes and each volume starts and ends with stuff that is redundant when you put them all together as we are doing.
Tom Penn
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Chapter 31 is PL OK! :clap:

Chapter 32 is perfect except
19:49: we don't want "END OF THE SECOND VOLUME. PRINTED BY WILLIAM BLACKWOOD AND SONS". So just cut that bit out and repost the file.

Thank you!
Tom Penn
katbrat

Post by katbrat »

Kat