COMPLETE Dram Read-Frank Merriwell's Trust by Burt L Standish-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Altolady4 wrote: September 20th, 2020, 11:30 am Hi! I'm new to this program and I read through prooflistening as well as recording on the wikis. I would like to try my hand at prooflistening this work. Let me know where I should start!
Hi and thank you for your offer but I already have another member who has volunteered my apologies
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kalamareader wrote: September 17th, 2020, 1:45 pm Michele,

Here are Inza's father's parts:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/frankmerriwellstrust_bernardburrage_21_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/frankmerriwellstrust_bernardburrage_22_128kb.mp3

However, I have a situation that I need your help with. As we know, this character is an old, dying man, hence he would have a weak, 'old' voice, and that is what I tried to affect. As I listened to it while PLing it (I listen to/PL my recordings with headphones), if I put it up to 89 decibels it sounded WAY to loud for the character. So one came out at a little over 86, and the other a little over 83. I listened to them through Audacity and also through Window Media Player, and they not only sounded just fine (no need to turn anything up), but they sounded almost exactly the same. :hmm:

So, after you listen to them, let me know if they need to be increased in volume on my end. I can do that, but also I would like to maintain the Character if possible. Just let me know.

Thanks,

Wayne
Hi Wayne thanks for those I will check them and let you know they should be ok though
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
imilshtein

Post by imilshtein »

Hi! I'm happy to jump on and assist with proof-listening if you're still looking for help. Cheers.
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Michelle,
do you still need a proof listener?
Cheryl
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

After reading through all of those pages I see you do have a proof listener. Let me know if that doesn't work out. Cheryls
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Michele,
Is there a PL for narrator and final files? If so, I can unstickie the advert in listeners wanted I think that's what brought Cheryl here to offer her assistance ...
MaryAnn
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Narrator, chapters 20 ,22, 22, 23 PL OK
Cheryls
I cannot get into the magic window to set status
and this project is not on my dashboard yet. :?
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

I can Pl Frank chapters 27 and on?
I don't see a link to text?
Cheryl