Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: December 10th, 2019, 9:49 amMr. Collingham Green, heah:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_green_1_128kb.mp3 4:33
:lol: this guy has a quirky speech, it's hilarious to listen to you, Larry. Well done. I imagine he must be tedious to listen to once he starts narrating his daily rounds :mrgreen:

only one small error found:

> at 2:56: "and then my grind begins again" – you say "mind" which sounds a bit odd in the context ;)

thanks

Sonia
bhrenu

Post by bhrenu »

Respected

Kindly grant me the following role:

Section: 1
Noyes (Mr. Roope's servant), Act 1

This is my first time and I would like to keep the following pseudonym:

bhrenu

Thank you.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

bhrenu wrote: December 11th, 2019, 4:07 am Respected

Kindly grant me the following role:

Section: 1
Noyes (Mr. Roope's servant), Act 1

This is my first time and I would like to keep the following pseudonym:

bhrenu

Thank you.
Welcome. bhrenu. Please complete the one-minute test first, so we can check that your equipment is all set up to provide the proper files for Librivox. Instructions for the test and where/how to post it for review are in your welcome email message.

In the meantime, I will hold the role of Noyes for you.

When that test review is okay and you are ready to go, here are some hints on our drama acting for first-timers I stole from Sonia (Kitty), who is the DPL (Dedicated Proof-Listener) on this and many other projects:
I see this is the first time you are doing a drama reading for LV, so here are a few special instructions which I compiled a while ago:

> you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be: "Noyes, Mr. Roope's servant, read by [your reader name]"

> then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. It may not be necessary to read the whole play, especially not in this case where Noyes only appears in Act 1, but it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role. ;)

> if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [coughs], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting :mrgreen:

> and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [sits down]), also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because our editor later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

That's all, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be looking forward to listening to your interpretation of Noyes. :)

Sonia
Thanks, Todd
bhrenu

Post by bhrenu »

Respected

As I do neither have a P.C. nor a microphone of the required quality, it would be better if I opt out of the role "Section 1 : Noyes (Mr. Roope's servant), Act 1". I also apologize to claim the role without reading the welcome e-mail properly. I do have a little bit of experience in D.A.W. (Digital Audio Workstation), music production and theatre, and that is why, after buying the necessary equipment, I shall actively participate in the forum activities.

Best wishes to the whole recording community
Thank you
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Okay. Be glad to see you back when you are ready.

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: December 11th, 2019, 3:25 am
silverquill wrote: December 10th, 2019, 9:49 amMr. Collingham Green, heah:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_green_1_128kb.mp3 4:33
:lol: this guy has a quirky speech, it's hilarious to listen to you, Larry. Well done. I imagine he must be tedious to listen to once he starts narrating his daily rounds :mrgreen:

only one small error found:

> at 2:56: "and then my grind begins again" – you say "mind" which sounds a bit odd in the context ;)

thanks

Sonia
Corrected file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_green_1_128kb.mp3

~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: December 12th, 2019, 9:16 pm Corrected file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_green_1_128kb.mp3
thank you, all PL ok now :thumbs:

have a nice weekend

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well, that was such an easy fix, I don't know why I didn't do it days ago. Just copied and pasted from another file I had saved.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bigdrum_john_3_128kb.mp3

(Actually, I do know why. I forgot. :roll:)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: December 13th, 2019, 11:36 pmWell, that was such an easy fix, I don't know why I didn't do it days ago. Just copied and pasted from another file I had saved.
clever ;) thank you, Devorah, now totally PL ok.

Sonia
ssfellows

Post by ssfellows »

Hello All,

Is the role of Noyes still available? Introduce a few folks, serve some lunch...seems like good work if you can get it!

Cheers,
Steve
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. And now we are full.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sir Randle awaits his wife and helpmate's ever so thoughtful comments upon his dulcet tones now to be found residing in the MW.

Thank you my dear, T
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: December 17th, 2019, 6:57 amSir Randle awaits his wife and helpmate's ever so thoughtful comments upon his dulcet tones now to be found residing in the MW.
dulcet tones :mrgreen: well I think you have rather a rough voice, but you deliver it with the needed upper-class snobility. :thumbs: What I find so extremely hilarious are the scenes where Sir Randle and Lady Filson whine and pine their way through the plot :lol: Ours is a hard lot indeed.

Wow and Sir Randle loves to hear himself talk in the first act :shock: And you managed to do this all without smirking too audibly :wink:

Nothing missing as far as I can see. And the only thing Sir Randle and his good lady disagree on is the pronunciation of their daughter's name :lol: I said it the French way "Otto-leen" you said "Otto-lyne". But I think we can put that down to a fond quirkiness on both sides. Unless you want me to redo the parts where I say her name. Just let me know.

So all of Sir Randle is PL ok. Wonderfully delivered ! I especially love your exasperated moments and all the sighs you do. :9:

Great job ! Thanks

Sonia