COMPLETE: Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds, Vol. 2--jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Linda:

Thank you so much!

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is Section 10 -

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/crowdsv2_10_mackay_128kb.mp3

Time is 19:20

Take care,

Greg
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Greg:

Thank you for section 10. It is in the MW and Ready for PL.

Philip
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

It may be a few days, but I've got these on my PL schedule.

~ Larry
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

DrPGould wrote: April 18th, 2018, 8:49 pm Greg:

Thank you for section 10. It is in the MW and Ready for PL.

Philip
Thank you!

Greg
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

silverquill wrote: April 18th, 2018, 9:04 pm It may be a few days, but I've got these on my PL schedule.
Thank you!

Greg
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Thanks so much, Larry!

Philip
wildlindajohnson

Post by wildlindajohnson »

I'll be glad to take Sections 19, 20 and 21.
Linda Johnson
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Linda:

Thanks so much. Sections 19-21 are yours!

Philip
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is Section 11 -

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/crowdsv2_11_mackay_128kb.mp3

Time is 15:56

Take care,

Greg
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Thank you, Greg for Section 11. It is in the MW and Ready for PL.

Philip
HarmonicPearl

Post by HarmonicPearl »

I would like to claim chapter 1 part 4 "the crusades". I've never recorded any audio books before, but i am eager to try so i hope it sounds good.

My name is Angela Beaudoin, which is pronounced bode-wun.
HarmonicPearl

Post by HarmonicPearl »

I was wondering.... if my requested part is part 4 of the same chapter, would I still need to say "chapter 1 - the crusades"?

EDIT: please disregard this previous question as i have figured out that the answer is yes!

BUT i have another question if you don't mind. Does this reading part need to be one single mp3 file? or if it needs to be multiple parts, how would i name each one in the upload section? thanks again, i want to do this right :) :D :help:
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Angela:

Welcome to Librivox and Welcome to this project. We'll need to get an MC to get you final clearance, but there's no reason you cannot read in the mean time--Section 4 is yours. (I'll take care of it--It shouldn't be a big thing--no stress). I do need to know what name/pseudonym you wish to use as your catalog name. You may use your real name or your user id or even something else. Also if there is a personal website or blog you wish me to link to, just let me know. Once I know this I can add you to the magic window.

Because Chapter 1 of this project is so looooonnnggg it has been divided into 12 sections, and as you have already posted, you do need to follow the intro as it is in the first post and as it is in the text.

In this project, I have created links to the text to be read in each section. If you will right click under "3693 words" in the Magic window (the grid in the first post showing the available chapters), the text you need to read will pop up in a new window.

Please read the entire section in one MP3 file and label it as shown in the first post:

crowdsv2_04_mackay_128kb.mp3

There are some useful how to videos:

How to videos https://sites.google.com/site/librivideo/index

Also, if anything is confusing or you don't understand, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be happy to help (and if I don't know the answer, I'll find someone who can.

Enjoy your reading, and many thanks,

Philip
HarmonicPearl

Post by HarmonicPearl »

Well, I'm almost ready to start recording. I've read my entire section of text and I am pleased to find that I can pronounce most of this with relative ease and clarity, and whatever words I was having trouble with I just found the pronunciation online, or a close approximation thereof. However, there are a couple of words and/or names in this text that are almost only found in this text itself, so how important is pronunciation  in those instances?

The first example would be, "Deus adjuva! Deus adjuva!"

"Raymond d’Argilles" would be the second example I can remember. I actually have a pretty good guess how I would pronounce this last name, especially considering that in the first section of my text, the name, "Raymond de St. Gilles" is pronounces "jeel" with a soft j.... So I'm thinking it's similar with "d’Argilles."

This being my very first audio book recording ever, I really want to make sure that I deliver the best possible listening experience. What do you guys think?