COMPLETE Satires and Profanities by James Thomson - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NoelBadrian

Post by NoelBadrian »

Carolin wrote: noel, we are not aiming for perfection. please upload the section with noisecleaning done and we will accept it of course. noisecleaning is important because background noise can be really annoying if you listen in a quiet environment with headphones on, because then it becomes so prominent :)

CK
Sorry if I was not clear. The cleaned file HAS been uploaded - using the same settings I usually use. If this does not seem to have cleared the problem, I am stumped. I usually edit my recordings at night - when it is quiet here and always use headphones and I can not hear the problem. Perhaps you should turn the section over to someone else till I figure out what has gone wrong with my set up here. Do you think that I should perhaps do another test recording?

Noel
Noel's Recordings

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Ah, I wasn't doing anything because I thought you haven't uploaded it yet. I guess I just took my own noise as yours at 02:45, I'm really sorry. DLing it now... :oops:
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

noel please dont worry, youre fine! most of us have a problem sometimes with background noise (i know i do). april is going to listen in and give you feedback, im sure the problem is taken care of. please dont think this was a big problem, im sure it is already solved! :)

CK
Carolin
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Section 12 PL-OK!
blog

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks april.

CK
Carolin
NoelBadrian

Post by NoelBadrian »

Phew!
Thanks April & CK
Noel :D
Noel's Recordings

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
ref

Post by ref »

JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Section 08 PL-OK!
blog

Animo La Salle!
ref

Post by ref »

Hi Carolin,
Can I have Section 21?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks rhonda for your section and for claiming, you are most welcome to section 21.
and thanks april for proof listening right away :D

CK
Carolin
acloward

Post by acloward »

All,

I'm not sure if there is anyone taking care of cover art yet, but here are three idea designs I threw together. All images are Creative Commons from Fotopedia.

Image Image Image

I chose an "antique" religious theme, but let me know if you'd like to see another theme and I can scramble some other proofs.

Aaron
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi aaron, i cant see the images unfortunately, but im sure you did a great job anyway :D please post about that in the volunteers wanted: other projects forum. unfortunately, we cant add your cover art before the project is finished. so please just hold on to your images and once the project is cataloged, please post the images on the cover art thread and then one of the admins can easily add the cover art.

thanks a lot for your work on this!
Carolin
acloward

Post by acloward »

Very strange...in fact this is the second time today where a previously posted message either doesn't show up correctly or at all!

Thanks for the hints though. I will hold off until the end of the project. Just had a few options I wanted to get some feedback on. :)

Aaron
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks again aaron, im sure you would choose a very nice picture for the cover even though i cant see it. the only thing id like to remind you of is that the cover art will be released into the public domain and must therefore be free of intellectual property rights of the artist (you probably heard this a few times over already if this is not your first cover, but it is very important) :)

i tried my hand at cover art once and didnt do so well, so if you need help, please post in the cover art sticky, the guys there are the experts to turn to :)

CK
Carolin
MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON »

Hi

Uploading Section 17 (The Primate on the Church and the World) -

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/satiresprofanities_17_thomson.mp3
Duration - 18:50

I've really foregrounded the satire - the derisive mouth-sounds and (at one point) light riffling through a newspaper are intended, not 'left in'.

What an enjoyable rant. :)

Martin