'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TheVagabond (Tom Denholm) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr Denholm,

thank you so much for your reading of "The Mill on the Floss" (https://librivox.org/the-mill-on-the-floss-version-2-by-george-eliot/). Usually, I am not a very good listener, but you had me hooked from the start (well, from where I started listening to you, I read the first chapters myself). Especially today I spent literally hours, totally immersed (the end, oh, the end.. I must admit, I didn't see it coming).
I will surely be back for your version of Adam Bede.

Thanks again from Germany

Katharina

All of Tom's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Mr. Wills,

I am listening to your reading of Moby Dick on Youtube. I am enjoying it. Thank you.
I am having one trouble. Every time that stop, Youtube does not seem to capture where I left off and so I am
always struggling to find the right stop where I left off. Do you have a CD version of your Moby Dick reading that I can
purchase? My car has a CD Player so the would work great!

Thank you again for your reading,

Mimi

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for cadam10e (Cheryl Adam) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I first discovered Mildred Wirt when I read Girl Sleuth at a library sale. Mildred Wirt Benson's long life and hard work cranking out Nancy Drew stories made me search for the (unknown to me) Penny Parker tales. When I found your excellent readings I immediately gobbled them up. I'm thrilled to see you gave everyone a grand new Christmas present with The Ghost Beyond the Gate!
Thanks so much! BTW, as a male over the age of 70,I've come to understand the true value of books and the gifts of sites like Librivox. We all are grateful to you and all who have the skills to bring books to life! Again, many many thanks!!! Ron

All of Cheryl's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Book Title: White Fang

LibriVox Catalogue Page: https://librivox.org/white-fang-by-jack-london-librivox-version-2/

Reader to Thank: Mark F. Smith

Hello!

I don’t know if he volunteers with LibriVox anymore, but I would like to send my sincere thanks to Mark Smith. I just finished listening to his reading of White Fang by Jack London, and it was amazing. The book was incredible, but my enjoyment of it was increased greatly by the excellent reading by Mark. I’m now going to look for more books that he has read because his style of reading is so good.

All the best,

Mark (of New Glasgow, Nova Scotia)
and, regarding his reading of The Federalist Papers...
Impressive, lively, superb reading by Mark Smith. Bravo!

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AGSec (Graham Redman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to send my thanks and appreciation to Graham Redman for his rendition of Herodotus' Histories. He has helped me during my walks I do for exercise.

https://librivox.org/herodotus-histories-vol-1/

All of Graham's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thadine (Joy Chan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to send my thanks and appreciation to Joy Chan for her audio of Song of Roland. She has helped me during my walks I do for exercise.

https://librivox.org/the-song-of-roland-by-anonymus/

All of Joy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for PSHarvey106 (Paul Harvey) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just a thank you to Paul Harvey for the recording of The Norwegian Fairy Book by Klara Strobe. https://librivox.org/norwegian-fairy-book-by-klara-stroebe/. Well done recording; your changes of voice and inflection for different characters are fun, and not overly done to the point of sounding like the reading is for small children. I'm a big fan of Scandinavian tales in general (Peer Gynt and The Comrade are probably two of my favorites), and your reading of it is quite enjoyable.

Tim

All of Paul's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for KOMunley (Kyle M.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would just like to tell Kyle M. how much I enjoy each year his reading of “A Christmas Carol!” Every Christmastime I listen to it with delight once more! His version is so full and rich and I just want him to know how much I appreciate him taking the time to bless us with his rendition!

Sincerely, K

All of Kyle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rkilmer (Richard Kilmer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I was sorry to see that Richard has passed away. His reading was always enjoyable to listen to.

All of Richard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Christopher Smith for his dedication to reading on Librivox. I love Andrew Murray's writings. To me it gives a voice to a face, it is almost as if I'm sitting in a congregation and listening to Andrew Murray himself. Thank you so very much. Marcus

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of A Christmas Carol (dramatic reading) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just listened to A Christmas Carol—I think version 8, though I accessed it through a podcast* that didn’t specify—and it was a complete delight from start to finish. Every character was so perfect and the narration was truly excellent. Thank you to all the readers!!

*Link to the podcast:
https://overcast.fm/+DioZpOTp4

Thanks,
Lexie
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for flavo5000 (Ben Tucker) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just finished listening to your reading of ‘Over My Dead Body’. Throughly enjoyable. Please do it again! :D
Evelyn

All of Ben's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Phil Chenevert, thank you for your message of gratitude.

Phil, I could really tell that you seemed to enjoy reading sections of the Christian Holy Bible. It seems that you put some real feeling and emotion into your reading and that the Bible means something special to you.

My grandmother passed away during 2023, so it is nice to hear a warm old voice reading these novels to me and to us, the general public. It is good that we have valuable contributions from a wide age range of readers at LibriVox.

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Thirsch (Tom Hirsch) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I hope that the other volunteers at LibriVox read more of The Radio Boys series and possibly begin reading novels from The Radio Girls series. Both are all ages appropriate, family friendly, wholesome books that set good role models for young and old alike. I have really enjoyed listening to what Radio Boys books have already been recorded by LibriVox volunteers and many of the readers have done excellent jobs with their recordings.

I am saddened that one of my favorite readers of The Radio Boys passed away during the past few years. His presence and voice were amazing and compelling like a good radio host should sound like. It felt like he was the author himself, projecting and conveying his words and what they were supposed to emotionally mean directly from the source. R.I.P., good sir, and God bless.

All of Tom's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for k5hsj (Winston Tharp) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you to Winston Tharp for all the Dashiell Hammet collections so far... They've been keeping me company ever since I ran out of Raymond Chandler, and you can play them over and over and over again.
The catalogue: https://librivox.org/author/13997?primary_key=13997&search_category=author&search_page=1&search_form=get_results

Ed

All of Winston's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!