[Complete] The Return of Sherlock Holmes - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Elizabby wrote:
Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Woolybee, Sarah missing lines chapter 10 Mrs. Marker
I'll PM her, as I doubt she is still watching this thread. Her part was recorded quite a while ago, but this must have been missed in the first round of PLing!
:lol: I actually am watching this thread. LOL. I'll get those missing lines in tonight!
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Ok, 12 is uploading and will be ready for PL :D :clap: :clap: :clap: Can't believe we've gotten so far!!! Whoohoo!
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

WoollyBee wrote:
Elizabby wrote:
Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Woolybee, Sarah missing lines chapter 10 Mrs. Marker
I'll PM her, as I doubt she is still watching this thread. Her part was recorded quite a while ago, but this must have been missed in the first round of PLing!
:lol: I actually am watching this thread. LOL. I'll get those missing lines in tonight!
hehe, you're on top of it girl!!!! hehe, ok, let me know when you've got them uploaded... :D :clap:
~Kim
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:
WoollyBee wrote:
Elizabby wrote:
hehe, you're on top of it girl!!!! hehe, ok, let me know when you've got them uploaded... :D :clap:
And here they are! :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_mrsmarker_missinglines.mp3
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Super swift! :thumbs: I'll put them in the MW, or Kim can take the link directly from the thread, but it is usually easier to find stuff in the MW. Thanks for doing those! :9:
Peppersnoodles93

My word Sarah!!!! I think I'll have to call you Speedy Gonzolas! I love your new Mic Sarah!!! It's super clear and cool.

Well, that chapter's about to be in the MW, I'm exporting now. :D :D :D
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 10 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Nice job with the editing, and the accents work well together too! One of the great things about the international community of Librivox! :9:

Just one other comment Kim, have you thought about the voice credits at all? My original plan was to include them in Chapter 1 directly after the Librivox disclaimer, but without character names. It would therefore sound like this:

Chapter 1, The Empty House, read by Cori Samuel, read by Beth Thomas, read by Jason Mills, read by... etc.

(I've also sent out some more reminder PMs, and I hope to see at least some of the remaining lines by the end of the week!)
Cori

Post by Cori »

Here's Watson's https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_watson_11.flac (17:23.) Just the last one to go now.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Cori wrote:Here's Watson's https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_watson_11.flac (17:23.) Just the last one to go now.
fantastic! I know you'll get through them when you can - we have some other parts which still need to come in for the last two chapters.

I'm doing some narration myself at the moment - it's more work than I thought! The recording is fine but the editing blows my mind!
francesb

Post by francesb »

Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Brillant thanks! This is now in the MW, but I've PLed it myself and just a few comments:

@00:27 It should be "He said the case, so far as he could see" the first four words aren't clear.
@01:47 "I've skippered the Varsity all this year" first two words not clear.
@03:28 "he wouldn't have stopped his training and let in his skipper if it were not for some cause.." word substitutions here.

Also, there is a lot of background noise, would you please run a light noise cleaning on it while you are at it, before resubmitting? It's just one less thing for Kim to do when she edits.

Also, not for this piece but just to be aware of for next time, there is a quite audible click when you progress the page on your computer as you read - this is sometimes quite close to the end of your lines. We can edit it out, but it would be easier for the editor if you waited a fraction longer after finishing the line before clicking. Alternatively, if you know how to remove clicks from your recording you could do that.

Other than those three points for adjustment, rest is PL OK!

Kim, go ahead and start editing if you like, I'm sure Frances won't be long!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 12 is PL OK! :clap:

That one must have been a bugger to edit - so much bitsy dialogue! You did a sterling job though! :9:
Cori

Post by Cori »

Chapter 13's here for Watson ... I think that's the lot. Missing him already :(

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_watson_13.flac (23:48)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
francesb

Post by francesb »

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_overton_11.mp3

I actually ended up just re-recording it because the background noise was pretty bad (I tried recording it on a different computer with a less good microphone so....) :D
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Cori wrote:Chapter 13's here for Watson ... I think that's the lot. Missing him already :(

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_watson_13.flac (23:48)
Brilliant! We are so close to getting this finished and into the catalogue! :clap:

I'm so excited! :mrgreen: