COMPLETE - Further Chronicles of Avonlea-Montgomery-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Kim,

Would you please check section 93 and make sure that the link I have posted there is to the correct section? Arnoldo read David in story 13, and I've had to do a bit of detective work to find the file. I think I've got it straightened out now, but could use a PLer to confirm that the file in the MW matches the part and is the one we need for this story.

Thanks.

MaryAnn
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Beth, I've updated the MW with the things you've done :D Thanks!!!! And I'll have my file up for spot check in probably 5 mins. :thumbs:
Spot check for Ralph is now PL OK! Very smooth! :mrgreen:

(Also, please note that I recorded my chapters out of order - the narration I've done is for chapter TWO but it appears in the MW for chapter ONE!)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Kim,

Would you please check section 93 and make sure that the link I have posted there is to the correct section? Arnoldo read David in story 13, and I've had to do a bit of detective work to find the file. I think I've got it straightened out now, but could use a PLer to confirm that the file in the MW matches the part and is the one we need for this story.

Thanks.

MaryAnn
The file for 93 is correct and PL OK! (I wasn't sure if anyone had already listened to it, but it's short and I'm home today so I did it.)
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Oppies! I've switched that around. :D

Thanks for spot-checking!!! Btw, does your husband read for LV?
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote: Btw, does your husband read for LV?
No. Or rather "NO!" I've asked him before but he has a slight lisp and is a bit self-conscious about it.

Have a look through the men who have recorded parts for this project already and maybe PM one of them to come back and pick it up.

Hmm. I've just looked and there are only three: ToddHW, psimonin and arnaldo4455. This has been a very "girl heavy" project! :mrgreen:

(Also, can you PL section 20 for me when you have a minute? It isn't marked as "Ready for PL" in the MW and I think it keeps getting missed!)
Peppersnoodles93

Hey Beth, awww, that's too bad! I'm sure he has a wonderful voice and that he'd thoroughly enjoy recording...but I can understand not wanting too. :) I bet you've tried casting him a thousand times! :D

That might be a good idea, I have an idea up my sleeve too. Let's see how that works out.

I'll PL that when I get the chance, it's getting a little late tonight...but I've marked it in the MW.
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Kim,

Thanks.

MaryAnn
Just PLed the file. PL OK! :thumbs: Great job detective MaryAnn! And Great job Arnoldo!!!!
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

Oopps, cross PL with Beth! Sorry! Didn't see that you PLed Arnoldos Beth...!

Anyways, David Spenser is PL OK now too!.
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

Preface pl ok
~Kim
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I'm willing to do Section 4 (Max), if you're not holding out for a man to do it.
Peppersnoodles93

Section 8 Narrator/Charlotte

is PL OK... Haha, I loved this story! Well done!!! :D Very cute! I'm happy that she got married in the end!
~Kim
arnaldo4455

Post by arnaldo4455 »

Sry MrsHand, I did not realize you had claimed it.

If you don't get mad at me - lol - for jumping the gun again: I recorded Max without even claiming it.

Let me know if it is okay... Here is the file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_max_1_128kb.mp3

I am new in the whole process, so if you guys don't like it, feel free to scrape it altogether.

Arnaldo Machado.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

arnaldo4455 wrote:Sry MrsHand, I did not realize you had claimed it.

If you don't get mad at me - lol - for jumping the gun again: I recorded Max without even claiming it.

Let me know if it is okay... Here is the file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_max_1_128kb.mp3

I am new in the whole process, so if you guys don't like it, feel free to scrape it altogether.

Arnaldo Machado.
Well, it is PL OK :clap: so I think the BC will use it. Tut-tut though - don't do it again! ;) (By the way Arnaldo, where are you from? Nice accent - I always like to know where my husbands are from before I accept their proposals! LOL - I'm reading Sue in Story 1! :mrgreen: )

Kristin, I'm sure they will find something else for you! Some of those claims are looking a bit old to me, so I wouldn't be surprised if you hang around a bit, if some suitable parts get orphaned.
arnaldo4455

Post by arnaldo4455 »

Hi There,

MaryAnn is going to kill me... and she was so nice to approve my one minute test...

Well, I am Brazilian but live in the Boston Area, MA,US. I try to fake accents just to realize I sound the same... OR halfway through a character I lose it... I will get better. Promise. You guys are very good inspiration.

Thank you,

Arnaldo.

PS: MrsHand - please forgive me.
francesb

Post by francesb »

Here is Mollie, btw =D Thank you so so so much everyone for all the PLing. The reason it has been so busy - my father recently got accepted to a school in Singapore, so we will be moving there in July. I'm sure you can imagine all the craziness trying to get the house sold. Things should quiet down - especially once we are there, :D Again, thank you so much everyone!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_mollie_13.mp3
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green